19 replies to this topic

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:48 PM #1

Castiel
User

Castiel

• Time spent:
      8m 44s

• Total level:

As most can see the classic game mode is dying out just as quick as it started. Mostly because there is no benefit to play on the harder game mode..

I don't want to see classic mode become dead content, so my suggestion is add benefits.

Doesn't have to be super op, but possibly add in like slower prayer drain, slightly higher drop rates, etc.

Features

• Sir owen's longsword(or some variation) (Arguably the best training weapon in the game, as it is twice as fast as any other melee weapon).
  • Extremes receive a 50% reduction to prayer draining while outside of the Wilderness.
  • 10 seconds to gain 10% of the Special Attack bar.

Pros

• Access to Sir owen's longsword(or some variation).
  • Highest drop rate in-game.
  • Special Attack bar refills the fastest compared to any other mode. (10% every 10 seconds)

I think this mode has potential but I think there should be incentives to play on the harder game mode.

Feel free to post your ideas as to what possible incentives could be offered and I will update the main post!

Thanks for your time!

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:51 PM #2

Minnesotalsd
Classic

Minnesotalsd
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      9d 18h 28m 4s

• Total level:

I just want the old SS extreme mode back... I wish Omi had the game files to the mode...

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:52 PM #3

Castiel
User

Castiel

• Time spent:
      8m 44s

• Total level:

I just want the old SS extreme mode back... I wish Omi had the game files to the mode...

Well please post what benefits that mode had and I will add to list!

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:53 PM #4

Sirum
User

Sirum

• Total level:

I support, the mode/clan chat has been dying quickly, would be nice to give an incentive to play and maybe bring in some more players to the mode

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:55 PM #5

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is not what classic mode is about. The reason you play classic & other game-modes than normal is because you want a challenge. I do believe certain incentive should come. But just like any other mode it should be from events. Just like the tournament we just had this weekend. It makes no sense to add higher drop rates to and already growing economy for classic players.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:57 PM #6

Sirum
User

Sirum

• Total level:

This is not what classic mode is about. The reason you play classic & other game-modes than normal is because you want a challenge. I do believe certain incentive should come. But just like any other mode it should be from events. Just like the tournament we just had this weekend. It makes no sense to add higher drop rates to and already growing economy for classic players.

True, but if more and more players keep leaving and cashing out for regular GP than there wont be much of an economy, or players to sell to / buy from, it's already a struggle to buy basic items.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:57 PM #7

Minnesotalsd
Classic

Minnesotalsd
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      9d 18h 28m 4s

• Total level:

Well please post what benefits that mode had and I will add to list!

Taken directly from the Wiki.

Features
  • 10 experience per hit (changed accordingly in non combat skills.)
  • Sir owen's longsword (Arguably the best training weapon in the game, as it is twice as fast as any other melee weapon).
  • Extremes receive a 50% reduction to prayer draining while outside of the Wilderness.
Pros
  • Access to Sir owen's longsword.
  • Special Attack bar refills the fastest compared to any other mode. (10% every 10 seconds)

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:59 PM #8

Castiel
User

Castiel

• Time spent:
      8m 44s

• Total level:

You can clearly see the game mode is dying. People are abandoning ship. Eventually the game mode will die out. I get where you are coming from, but you got to look at this through the longevity of the game. This game mode is literally no reason to play it opposed to other game modes. No benefits. Why play on a game mode that is extremely slow compared to the others for no added benefits. Like on other servers they have offered some benefits for playing on a harder mode. I like that. Higher drop rates, a sword specific to said game mode, slower prayer drain, etc. Just little things to make the game mode have a bit more appeal.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:09 PM #9

Ill max soon
User

Ill max soon

• Time spent:
      22d 9h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

I expected and called this, most are only in it for the money irl or money in-game, then go play their reg accounts.

Myself, i have a maxed account and like the challenge i have no intentions on giving up even if i'm the last Classic player i'd just treat it like an ironman but with worse xp.

Changing the game mode now may bring new players in yes BUT, offering rewards is tricky, many of us have grinded out drops already and let's say OMI changes it do a drop rate boost, many will be annoyed.

UIM is a gamemode not very many play and yet people still do for the challenge, likewise they'll do for this game mode after all those who just wanted the cash will leave, only the real players will stay on this mode. If they released this mode without the rewards how many would you think would actually try it? a handful. that's the only reason the game mode is dying, the handful that would play are still playing and grinding it out.

No longer playing 'ill max soon' my focus is on maxing my Classic.

Classic Account Name = ClassicMax

them-watching.gif

44Sw9Lj.png svteAVj.png

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:10 PM #10

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

True, but if more and more players keep leaving and cashing out for regular GP than there wont be much of an economy, or players to sell to / buy from, it's already a struggle to buy basic items.

Then fix that problem instead of making stuff easier.

You can clearly see the game mode is dying. People are abandoning ship. Eventually the game mode will die out. I get where you are coming from, but you got to look at this through the longevity of the game. This game mode is literally no reason to play it opposed to other game modes. No benefits. Why play on a game mode that is extremely slow compared to the others for no added benefits. Like on other servers they have offered some benefits for playing on a harder mode. I like that. Higher drop rates, a sword specific to said game mode, slower prayer drain, etc. Just little things to make the game mode have a bit more appeal.

I don't know how you choose games but I sure as hell don't do it for the benefits I get for playing a certain mode. You play for fun. You play to progress. What's fun in being handed everything? Now I understand that the mode has taken a hit since the tournament but isn't it a bit early to ask for benefits 2 weeks after it's release? Get Utorrent to host events for you. Do stuff. Give suggestions that doesn't just make it easier.

Taken directly from the Wiki.

Features
  • 10 experience per hit (changed accordingly in non combat skills.)
  • Sir owen's longsword (Arguably the best training weapon in the game, as it is twice as fast as any other melee weapon).
Pros
  • Access to Sir owen's longsword.

While most of this seems okay. Small changes, nothing drastic except the drop rate & the sword.

I still don't understand why you think draining less prayer would save the gamemode?

Getting the arguably best sword out there for training just handed to you?

I'm sorry but just 2 weeks after it has released I really don't believe incentive to get more items or train faster would do anything to change the current state of classic. I don't expect you people to agree with me. This is just my opinion.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:33 PM #11

Castiel
User

Castiel

• Time spent:
      8m 44s

• Total level:

Then fix that problem instead of making stuff easier.

I don't know how you choose games but I sure as hell don't do it for the benefits I get for playing a certain mode. You play for fun. You play to progress. What's fun in being handed everything? Now I understand that the mode has taken a hit since the tournament but isn't it a bit early to ask for benefits 2 weeks after it's release? Get Utorrent to host events for you. Do stuff. Give suggestions that doesn't just make it easier.

While most of this seems okay. Small changes, nothing drastic except the drop rate & the sword.

I still don't understand why you think draining less prayer would save the gamemode?

Getting the arguably best sword out there for training just handed to you?

I'm sorry but just 2 weeks after it has released I really don't believe incentive to get more items or train faster would do anything to change the current state of classic. I don't expect you people to agree with me. This is just my opinion.

From my experience, game modes like Classic worked better with incentives. On every decent server I have played there was incentives for the lowered xp rates.  I get that some people do it just for the challenge. But most people don't really care, and would rather do it if there was some set incentives. And you guys keep talking about Tournaments and events. I don't care for that stuff to be honest. I enjoy playing leisurely and getting rewarded. Right now everyone is cashing out.. And the classic game mode was not meant to be a strictly Ironman mode. It was meant to open up a new community. And to keep said community alive we need incentives to keep people interested.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:45 PM #12

Nitsua
Super Donator

Nitsua

• Time spent:
      24d 7h 15m 37s

• Total level:

You say there should be "incentives" to play on the classic mode, but that's kind of contradicting.

"Incentives" would involve making things easier on classic mode, however the mode is supposed to be hard and challenging to my knowledge.

Something will have to be done though. The excitement of a classic tournament won't be able to shroud the mode forever.

"You never quit Runescape, you're only afk."

Posted Image

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:50 PM #13

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

I see the argument to both sides, it's no secret that the activity within the classic community has shrunken since its conception a little over a week ago.

This is due to the server event tournament coming to an end, college starting back up for many people, as well as players being burnt out from grinding so hard.

Most rewards given by other servers for harder game modes are far too broken. Alora looks to avoid such nearsighted downfalls and seeks longevity in all aspects of the server. This is not to say small advantages shouldn't be given, but they will have to be well thought out.

Main Account - Syntax

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:26 PM #14

smokingmillz
Classic

smokingmillz

• Time spent:
      1h 58m 2s

• Total level:

I'll still play classic mode because i enjoy the grind also the mode is "dying" because a lot of players only cared about the $$$ incentive and swapping classic to regular

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:11 PM #15

Aylin
Classic

Aylin

• Time spent:
      2d 23h 1m 36s

• Total level:

Maybe if uTorrent hosts maybe a different random even every week for a bond or something else for classics, it would give a lot more incentive to play, just my 2 cents on the topic, I'm playing regardless.

Maybe if uTorrent hosts maybe a different random even every week for a bond or something else for classics, it would give a lot more incentive to play, just my 2 cents on the topic, I'm playing regardless.

Maybe do a monthly tournament like the one that just happened but with much lower rewards?

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:59 PM #16

Classic Envy
Legendary Donator

Classic Envy

• Time spent:
      9h 30m 51s

• Total level:
I'm a classic player to the core, don't get me wrong, I love the grind, however certain changes need to be made to the mode in order to draw in a little more activity and keep the mode alive, as it stands currently it's like you host your own version of a rsps that isn't publicly released so you just play alone, sounds fun doesn't it?? I think maybe sir owens could be a good idea, uhmmm yeah definitely no increased drop rates, that's stupid, uhmmmm we need a god damned tradepost because fuck buying and selling items is aids af right now. But really those are the only things I really think the mode needs

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:45 AM #17

Dinosaw
Classic

Dinosaw
Clan: Classics

• Time spent:
      20h 35m 30s

• Total level:
Agreed, Classic mode needs some sort of benefit that will entice players to start a Classic account. The grind is not enough for everyone... Personally I love the game mode and think it's one of the best modes I've ever played on any server. The only benefit to classic is a donator status which isn't significantly better.

Support whatever the staff team decides to do with Classic mode, taking into consideration Classic is still fresh.

LogoRAWR.png

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:59 PM #18

Castiel
User

Castiel

• Time spent:
      8m 44s

• Total level:

I think scratch the higher drop rates.

The Sir owen's longsword and slower prayer drain would be amazing.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:38 AM #19

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Support on that there should be some perks to avoid classic dying out, now just some nice suggestions.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:51 PM #20

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

I see the argument to both sides, it's no secret that the activity within the classic community has shrunken since its conception a little over a week ago.

This is due to the server event tournament coming to an end, college starting back up for many people, as well as players being burnt out from grinding so hard.

Most rewards given by other servers for harder game modes are far too broken. Alora looks to avoid such nearsighted downfalls and seeks longevity in all aspects of the server. This is not to say small advantages shouldn't be given, but they will have to be well thought out.

As I stated above, classic mode is here for players who enjoy a challenge. I'll still be mentioning it in a main suggestions topic however, thank you for the suggestion(s)

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 20 user(s)