6 replies to this topic

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:23 PM #1

Sroh
User

Sroh

• Time spent:
      3d 13h 12m 49s

• Total level:

Maybe add a ::wiki command in game to search for shit on the osrs wiki faster? For example;

::wiki soul rune

would route to http://oldschoolrune...query=soul rune

or 

::wiki skeletal visage

would open http://oldschoolrune...skeletal visage

so you can find what monsters drop what easier or just general osrs information that is also valid on Alora.

sorry for the small suggestion just a pretty simple one so not much information to give

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:46 AM #2

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

It doesn't take that long to just open up Google and type [what you're looking for] [07 Wiki]. I don't think this would be as easy as it sounds to implement and whatnot, however, I'm not no supporting this. Would be great if Alora had its very own 100% completed Wikia one day though...

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:14 AM #3

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Sounds interesting but what @ Austin Post said is basically true, it’s not that hard to just google it.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:24 AM #4

Sroh
User

Sroh

• Time spent:
      3d 13h 12m 49s

• Total level:

It doesn't take that long to just open up Google and type [what you're looking for] [07 Wiki]. I don't think this would be as easy as it sounds to implement and whatnot, however, I'm not no supporting this. Would be great if Alora had its very own 100% completed Wikia one day though...

I think it would be very simply to implement actually, it's literally the same as the ::twitch command. You would just make a command that accepts multiple arguments and then search for them on the wiki like

http://oldschoolrune...MENT1 ARGUMENT2

I do think a completed Wikia would be cool but I also think this command would be very helpful for the time being just to save time just like the twitch/hitbox commands. Thanks for your input, appreciate it. :)

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:06 PM #5

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

I think it would be very simply to implement actually, it's literally the same as the ::twitch command. You would just make a command that accepts multiple arguments and then search for them on the wiki like

http://oldschoolrune...MENT1 ARGUMENT2

I do think a completed Wikia would be cool but I also think this command would be very helpful for the time being just to save time just like the twitch/hitbox commands. Thanks for your input, appreciate it. :)

Omicron would need to add all different direct links behind the command, in the command's code. Doing this for all, or even a majority of content from the Old School RuneScape Wikia would add up a lot of the Development Team's time. I'm not implying this is a waste of time, I'm implying what you're suggesting is definitely not a priority. Still, I don't support this, as it literally takes a few seconds to open up Google and search what you're after on the Old School RuneScape Wikia. 

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:50 PM #6

Sroh
User

Sroh

• Time spent:
      3d 13h 12m 49s

• Total level:

Omicron would need to add all different direct links behind the command, in the command's code. Doing this for all, or even a majority of content from the Old School RuneScape Wikia would add up a lot of the Development Team's time. I'm not implying this is a waste of time, I'm implying what you're suggesting is definitely not a priority. Still, I don't support this, as it literally takes a few seconds to open up Google and search what you're after on the Old School RuneScape Wikia. 

What? I don't think you understand how the coding behind the command would work lmao... I could literally make the command for them in less than a minute... you don't have to direct link anything... you literally just search on the wikia for whatever inputs they typed in lol you aren't hard coding anything. As for the other thing where you say it takes a few seconds to open Google its literally the same thinking behind the twitch/hitbox commands, only takes a second to open your browser and type in their twitch name but there is still a command for it. This command isn't a big deal just figured it would be a nice ease of use update that would take no time at all. Thanks for your input regardless, I appreciate the response. :)

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:51 AM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seems like a small suggestion that wouldn't get much use. It could be used but in all honesty it doesn't take much time to open up a browser and just google in your search bar.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)