Photo

Content Poll: Elite/Duo Ironman Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Elite/Duo Ironman Mode (278 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a new Ironman mode, which will have a low experience rate (5x or less) and possibly a "duo/partner" feature?

1. Yes (244 votes [87.77%])

Percentage of vote: 87.77%

2. No (34 votes [12.23%])

Percentage of vote: 12.23%

What experience would you like to see?

1. 5x -- Same as Classic/HCIM modes (177 votes [63.67%])

Percentage of vote: 63.67%

2. 3x -- A lower rate to make this mode more unique and provide a new challenge (101 votes [36.33%])

Percentage of vote: 36.33%

Should a "Duo/Partner" feature be added to this mode? This simply means that you can select (1) player to be your partner, with which you can trade with. You cannot trade with anyone else, and you cannot change your partner.

1. Yes, having a partner would make things more interesting. (197 votes [70.86%])

Percentage of vote: 70.86%

2. No, this should be an entirely solo game mode. (81 votes [29.14%])

Percentage of vote: 29.14%

What should this mode be called?

1. Elite Ironman (162 votes [58.27%])

Percentage of vote: 58.27%

2. Duo Ironman -- to make it clear that it is a partner mode. (111 votes [39.93%])

Percentage of vote: 39.93%

3. Other (please comment below) (5 votes [1.80%])

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

Should vote books be transferrable/openable on this mode?

1. Yes. (60 votes [21.58%])

Percentage of vote: 21.58%

2. No, since it allows players to transfer wealth from their main account to have an advantage over other Elite ironmen. (91 votes [32.73%])

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

3. Allow a vote book to be opened once per 12 hours, as it is for HCIM and Classics. (127 votes [45.68%])

Percentage of vote: 45.68%

Should other experience boosts work on this mode? (Eg. Well of goodwill)

1. Yes. (at a reduced rate as with Classic accounts) (222 votes [79.86%])

Percentage of vote: 79.86%

2. No, this mode should not have any experience boosts. (56 votes [20.14%])

Percentage of vote: 20.14%

Should Elite ironman have the option to downgrade to a Classic account?

1. Yes. The game modes are similar, except that Elite ironman will have no trading OR only partner trading. The experience rate will be the same or lower as well. (178 votes [64.03%])

Percentage of vote: 64.03%

2. No, only allow de-iron to regular ironman. (100 votes [35.97%])

Percentage of vote: 35.97%

Vote

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:51 PM #21

Endeavor
Veteran

Endeavor
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      79d 5h 27m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

I love the idea of having a more challenging Ironman gamemode without a death penalty present. My only possible issue with having a duo partner is that people burn out of RSPS and quit, in that scenario the last remaining duo partner may be discouraged in continuing to play due to the disadvantage of losing their only trading partner. Of course these players have the option of going to the classic gamemode, but what about those that don't want to?

It'd be nice for there to be some kind of distinction between duo and solo players of this new ironman mode and allow players to simply go solo if they so wish.

I think there should be an exception to this. I was thinking rather than wanting to choose a different partner for any reason, how about being given the option to choose a new partner after a certain length of prolonged activity? For example, if your duo partner isn't active (logs in) within 3 days real-time, the partnership dissolves and players are able to again choose a new one. There is still issues with this since players tend to log in to their accounts momentarily then logout causing the game to reset their activity timer. 

71sZDed.png

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:21 PM #22

Dead RNG
Ironman

Dead RNG

• Time spent:
      10h 40m 37s

• Total level:

Love it! HCIM is 8x though not 5x as you compare it to classic in the poll!

4kd009.jpg

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:30 PM #23

Vagcom
User

Vagcom

• Time spent:
      1h 38m 32s

• Total level:

Yes please! I support ANY ironman mode with a low xp rate (5x) as long as it's not HCIM! I love ironman mode but don't particularly care about dying once and losing it all. That's why a new ironman mode would be AMAZING. Alora is known most for having all game modes + more so this will only benefit the server. Doing this will motivate other irons, retired players, etc. maybe to come back bringing in more players, activity and also revenue for the server. Regular Ironman mode is amazing but the xp rate kinda fast so you get burnt out fast and your grind to max doesn't last that long. I love classic XP rate but hate that you can trade, stake, etc... HIGHLY SUPPORT THIS!!! I WOULD START PLAYING AGAIN IMMEDIATELY IF THIS WAS RELEASED !

Edit - I totally support duo as well. Obviously there's A LOT that would need to be implemented for this. But i would also like to have duo ironman. The idea is pretty original and seems like a great idea. Especially for close friends on the server :D This would also be a good idea.

I would be happy with seeing a duo ironman or an "elite ironman mode". More game types & variety the better. It can only benefit you having more content. A lot of private servers get boring bc lack of modes, content, etc. Which obviously Alora doesn't have that problem :) But although, would be nice to have more variety. Especially if there's people like me (LOVE SLOW XP RATE, but ONLY on an ironman! And HCIM doesn't appeal to me.)

TL;DR - I support duo or "elite". It will only benefit the server.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:37 PM #24

Ech0es
User

Ech0es

• Time spent:
      3d 15h 18m 15s

• Total level:

Love all the ideas. 

Thinking/reading about how much might need to be implemented to add the Duo feature, you could release solo Elite first, with the addition of a duo feature added in the future. This would also be a benefit in giving people a chance to meet each other in a new sort of community before teaming up.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:25 PM #25

Badass Iron
Extreme Donator

Badass Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 4h 41m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Love all the ideas. 

Thinking/reading about how much might need to be implemented to add the Duo feature, you could release solo Elite first, with the addition of a duo feature added in the future. This would also be a benefit in giving people a chance to meet each other in a new sort of community before teaming up.

I don't think that's a good solution, if it's released as a solo (which is fine) then duo will become pretty worthless since people won't abandon their progress on the solo account to make a new one for duo

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:41 PM #26

HC Skunky
Banned

HC Skunky

Clan: IRONMAN OG

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 41m 31s

• Total level:

wow cannot wait for this!!!!

Posted Image

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:08 AM #27

UnCreative
Ironman

UnCreative
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 28m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

if its a take on ironman mode, please leave the vote books like they are now. dont do the classic / 12hrs thing. please?

I think the server makes more money with the vote books being more available. And a greater demand for votes makes the server more popular (more votes = more traffic right?) 
Ive donated for a bond / turned the bond into books. why not?

Otherwise, i'm a huge fan of this,
I have friends irl that would probably try this with me. and it would 100% bring me back into the game, i haven't been active at all in the last month/s. and I used to play daily

Edit: I noticed a good suggestion, and it doesent hurt to relay it again. If you choose a partner and they for any reason quit. would it be possible to pick a new partner? maybe after a long time of playing duo.... by yourself you could get a new mate

UUUNC out

UnCreative 70 days played
Alora sweater owner < Actually such a flex

DenzelCurry ~ 9 days played Maxed UIM

Too many to count Dead HCIM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:01 AM #28

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

Submitted my votes, however, am excited for whatever.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:35 AM #29

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think there should be an exception to this. I was thinking rather than wanting to choose a different partner for any reason, how about being given the option to choose a new partner after a certain length of prolonged activity? For example, if your duo partner isn't active (logs in) within 3 days real-time, the partnership dissolves and players are able to again choose a new one. There is still issues with this since players tend to log in to their accounts momentarily then logout causing the game to reset their activity timer. 

that would be lame, cause then you could just trade items to any ironman accounts by abusing this

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:13 AM #30

Vista Point
Super Donator

Vista Point

• Time spent:
      34d 16h 8m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I was never really fan of ironman mode in the first place. For me runescape in general is about the community, the interactions, trading with each other. But i understand the challenge it enlist.

Submitted my vote, will like to see how this turns out.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:50 PM #31

Jiwes
User

Jiwes

• Time spent:
      17h 45m 6s

• Total level:

Regarding duo, what about the ability to change your partner but only if a certain criteria has been met, ie your partner has been offline for x amount of time and you are only able to change your partner to a brand new lvl 3 account with zero xp?

This makes it so in case your partner quit or de-irons you are still able to find a new partner but that partner needs to start from scratch, not allowing people to "freeload" by having someone with a beast account make you your new partner.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:39 PM #32

PVM Purple
Super Donator

PVM Purple

• Time spent:
      4d 5h 47m 16s

• Total level:

I would like to see a lower xp rate like the x3, that would be interesting and more unique, and the extra bit of challenge would be nice.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:40 PM #33

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

What I hope for this game mode: 

Use of vote books every 12h just like HCIM and Classic mode. 

Xp rates set at  5-8x (Anything lower than x5 is just silly for a rsps, imo). 

A new Iron-man starting armor set since UIM, IM, and HCIM have their own. Make it a nice color :). 

Looking forward to this. @Unknown come back for release with me and let's grind out ;)

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:00 PM #34

Temsei
Classic

Temsei

• Total level:

Hopefully this mode wouldn't have exp boosts available from the Well of goodwill and vote books, as I know some people aren't a fan of it. There's already plenty of modes to choose from, definitely wouldn't hurt to distinguish this one from the rest here.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:19 PM #35

Ech0es
User

Ech0es

• Time spent:
      3d 15h 18m 15s

• Total level:

I don't think that's a good solution, if it's released as a solo (which is fine) then duo will become pretty worthless since people won't abandon their progress on the solo account to make a new one for duo

I'm assuming you won't need to make a new account to Duo with somebody.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:24 PM #36

KingCobraJFS
Donator

KingCobraJFS

• Time spent:
      8d 11h 36m 17s

• Previous username:
    Wicked

• Total level:

I genuinely hope that this mode won't include duos. The vast majority of players are going to utilize an alt to AFK skill grind while using their main to progress. Partnership removes the true meaning of an iron man - standing alone. I understand the mode should differentiate enough from classic/HCIM but I feel the 5x rate is enough of a solid difference in itself.

I just don't wanna see such a cool suggestion turned into Elite Altman Mode. It's a lot easier to depend on yourself than it is others, which is another huge contributing factor for players to make alts. Either make it so you can't have the same IP/MAC address linked to duos or don't include it at all is my suggestion. 

47Ipti0.gif

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:44 AM #37

Guest_Guest_* -->

Guest_Guest_*

What if your partner is offline/quits in this duo-ironman mode? Probally some more information about this topic would be nice. Anyway nice work

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:59 AM #38

Dizcipline
Hardcore Ironman

Dizcipline

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 23m 11s

• Total level:

if its a take on ironman mode, please leave the vote books like they are now. dont do the classic / 12hrs thing. please?

I think the server makes more money with the vote books being more available. And a greater demand for votes makes the server more popular (more votes = more traffic right?) 
Ive donated for a bond / turned the bond into books. why not?

Otherwise, i'm a huge fan of this,
I have friends irl that would probably try this with me. and it would 100% bring me back into the game, i haven't been active at all in the last month/s. and I used to play daily

Edit: I noticed a good suggestion, and it doesent hurt to relay it again. If you choose a partner and they for any reason quit. would it be possible to pick a new partner? maybe after a long time of playing duo.... by yourself you could get a new mate

UUUNC out

This is stupid, please don't make another Pay2Win Mode.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:09 AM #39

OpieOP
Donator

OpieOP

• Time spent:
      1d 10h 38m 55s

• Total level:

Cant wait to see someone take all the items off their duo and never be seen again.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:56 PM #40

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

IF your partner quits, then you will just continue to play without them. It is up to you to choose who you want to play with, so choose wisely. Plus, even if your partner quits, i'm sure it will still be a blast without them. 

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 27 user(s)