12 replies to this topic

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:14 PM #1

Primul
Super Donator

Primul

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 15m 43s

• Total level:

(Sorry for not following the template, this is a big suggestion so i dont think the template will work for it.)

PK Raffle:

This idea is simple and i've seen it work on multiple other servers. Each kill you get, you get a raffle "ticket" (Not a physical item). When the "pot" fills up to x amount of tickets e.g. 1000 tickets, 5 winners are rolled and they get prizes. (These prizes would be good since 1000 kills is a lot on alora and only 5 winners.) This system rewards the better and more active pkers since they obviously get more tickets however people that just have a couple of kills still have a chance of winning.

Proper PK Shop Rework (Normie shop ONLY)

Currently the PKP Shop is way too overpriced (For example, A torture is around 40M in TP on a good day. It's 7500pkp. You get on average 100-150PKP per kill for just pking at edge or being on a low killstreak. ~60-70 average kills for 40M is not good.) It also has a lot of PVM items in there which makes not much sense. My suggestion is to rework this shop so it's mainly PK items with perhaps a few cosmetics (e.g. the hats that are in there right now) along with things used mainly in the wilderness. My suggestions are (There are obviously not final and I would love people to suggest more or comment on anything they think i am wrong about) :

- PvP Boxes (High amount of pkp.)

- Dharok Armor sets.

- Super combat potions and anglerfish. (There is very rarely cooked anglerfish in the TP. I am not suggesting these to be cheap or become worthless but very    often there is simply NO anglerfish in the TP. People pking do not want to go and have to cook anglerfish.)

- Looting bag and rune pouch

- Royal seed pod, Bounty teleport scroll, Ancient mace

- Common untradeables that people are too lazy to get when making alts (This is good for pkers and will help hold value of tier 10 emblems.) e.g. Dragon          defender, Fire cape. 

- Staff of Light, Ballista, Dragon crossbow, Blessed spirit shield. (These are all very commonly used in PKing however they are from much less common              monsters/bosses and so i think it would be beneficial to have them in the PK shop.)

- Dragon bolts (vorkath bolts), specifically Opal dragon bolts and dragonstone dragon bolts, and dragon javelins (Again, Super commonly used in PVP                however they come into the game much less.

I realise many of these are already in the PKP shop however I am suggesting a full re-work and so I thought i should include the things that should stay in the shop.

Chance of PKP item per kill:

*Please note that this would not be a good suggestion if the PKP shop does not get reworked since there is too many "good" items in the PKP shop right now.)

Pretty simple and self explanatory. Whenever you get a kill, there is x chance (e.g. 10%) that you get an item from the PKP shop as bonus loot, similarly to how getting bloody keys in your loot works. Obviously the better items would have less chance of being dropped in this and the worse/cheaper items would have higher chance. Many may think this will be OP and super good money however with the pkp shop rework there will only be 2 or 3 items worth over more than 10M and the large majority of items are not worth much at all or simply untradeable. This will result in every 10 kills on average, someone making an average of an extra 5M which overall is not actually a huge increase, Just something extra. This suggestion along with the PKP shop suggestion would be very good for edgeville pking since at the moment there is no incentive at all to go pking with veng or at edgeville in general. This is a huge problem since one of the first things pkers check when they join the server is edgeville. If they saw people actively pking at edgeville due to it actually being profitable, it would help the server a lot in my opinion.

If there is anything in this suggestion that you do not agree with or you think could be improved, Please comment and give your general opinion of it.

Sorry for the essay you just read.

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:27 PM #2

MCMUFFIN177
Classic

MCMUFFIN177

• Time spent:
      6d 18h 34m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah I like the majority of this, it's always going to be hard balancing pkp and it's value when there is such spikes in all the commonly traded items available from the pkp shop (the only shit worth buying). To me it seems to be caused by being forced to use your pkp on certain items because they're simply 10-20% more efficient to use your pkp on, it does effect the overall economy. So when pegasians are the thing to buy from pkp shop it just ends up crashing pegasians in TP until it crashes the value enough it's no longer the best bet in using your pkp.

Hors1.png

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:29 PM #3

Primul
Super Donator

Primul

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 15m 43s

• Total level:

Yeah I like the majority of this, it's always going to be hard balancing pkp and it's value when there is such spikes in all the commonly traded items available from the pkp shop (the only shit worth buying). To me it seems to be caused by being forced to use your pkp on certain items because they're simply 10-20% more efficient to use your pkp on, it does effect the overall economy. So when pegasians are the thing to buy from pkp shop it just ends up crashing pegasians in TP until it crashes the value enough it's no longer the best bet in using your pkp.

This is the main reason i'm suggesting a PKP shop rework and removing all common pvm items from the shop, It should also help a lot to reduce item crashing while also giving pkers a larger variety of items to buy.

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:32 PM #4

EIM 1gp
User

EIM 1gp
Clan: ?

• Time spent:
      75d 4h 49m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

This defenitly has potential in reviving the pkp scene of alora, its a yes from me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:43 PM #5

Ragragrag46
Legendary Donator

Ragragrag46
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      34d 22h 23m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

support from me & id like to start pking since im new in the game

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:16 PM #6

Drop out
Classic

Drop out
Clan: #Peeks Baby

• Time spent:
      19d 21h 9m 58s

• Previous username:
    BootyClappa

• Total level:
    Awards

Support all of this anything new to PvP whether it be PK fixes or reworks would be nice to see

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:24 PM #7

KENNOISFREE
Donator

KENNOISFREE

• Time spent:
      21h 38m 2s

• Total level:
Really great suggestion, pvp updates are needed bad right now too.
Fully supporting this

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:40 AM #8

Eim ash
Elite Ironman

Eim ash

• Time spent:
      31d 14h 55m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

really like this ngl..would / might make wildy / pking more active and I 100% agree with pkp being shit and overpriced..soo SUPPORT.

Posted Image

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:48 AM #9

Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

didnt need 2 read whole post 

support xd

Posted Image

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:38 AM #10

Nomad
Ironman

Nomad
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      33d 26m 45s

• Previous username:
    Nomads Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Those are really good suggestions and would take PKing to the next level in my opinion.

Support

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:16 AM #11

Waxxies
Extreme Donator

Waxxies

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 47m 27s

• Total level:

Literally just started getting into pking, been holding off until I reached that point in my achievements, and now is the time, would be cool to see something done to amp things up. Support

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:40 AM #12

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
It would be nice to see more wilderness updates; some more incentives to keep the PvP scene active. Support.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:21 PM #13

Intoxication
Ironman

Intoxication

• Time spent:
      19h 38m 24s

• Total level:

The wildy raffle sounds interesting, although 1k kills seems a bit high as thats probably the amount of players who have died on the server total lmao

This would also probably become farmed from rev irons and wildy resource areas, maybe there would be competetion there who knows.

Overall support this thread

Accounts:

Normie - 1 Hit - maxed/2 year cape

Ironman - Intoxication

HCIM - No Deaths - 2 year cape

UIM - UIM Finesse

EIM - EIM Mello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 63 user(s)