WPN

Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      2d 13h 45m 18s

• Previous username:
    Humble STI

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Previous mutes should expire after a certain time period

Is this in OSRS?: YES

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: NO

How would this benefit Alora?: For the players who have been playing for years they are capped to 5 warnings across all accounts before a perm mute. It allows players who have been reported by petty offences to have a second chance. Similar to osrs where the mute history is removed after a certain time period. Perm mutes should be for people who advert other rsps or messed up stuff not for people who have pk banter or get flame baited into replying and then people only screen shoting the replies.

Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:35 PM #2

UnCreative
Ironman

UnCreative
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 28m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sorry family, cant see any reason you would need 5 warnings and still not get the message. 

it'd be a No support from me.

UnCreative 70 days played
Alora sweater owner < Actually such a flex

DenzelCurry ~ 9 days played Maxed UIM

Too many to count Dead HCIM

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:53 PM #3

Mhk

Immortal Donator

Mhk

• Time spent:
      62d 18h 54m 16s

• Previous username:
    ahk

• Total level:
    Awards

Sure I support, I've leaned towards the side that perm mutes on here should not be a thing for regular players, minus people doing something worth a mac/ip.

Just set the mute timer for 1 / 2 month(s), then just re-mute for the same time period if they get another offence.

It's a RSPS, not real life, (most) people don't deserve to be permanently muted, it will and has driven away players.

Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2023 - 06:14 PM #4

WPN
Banned

WPN

• Time spent:
      2d 13h 45m 18s

• Previous username:
    Humble STI

• Total level:
    Awards

@ UnCreative If youre someone whos been around for years, its pretty easy to slip up 5 times for petty things. Some of the mutes ive seen are definitely not worthy and perm mutes on a rsps is just ridiculous for the active and regular players. Not saying people dont get muted im just saying older mutes and less serious offences should be removed after X amount of time.

Ty for feedback tho <3

Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:24 PM #5

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Sure I support, I've leaned towards the side that perm mutes on here should not be a thing for regular players, minus people doing something worth a mac/ip.

Just set the mute timer for 1 / 2 month(s), then just re-mute for the same time period if they get another offence.

It's a RSPS, not real life, (most) people don't deserve to be permanently muted, it will and has driven away players.

I definitely agree with your sentiment

• WPN likes this
Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:04 PM #6

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 46s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

I do believe after X amount of time older infractions should not stay on your record. It can stay there but lets say 2 years ago you got muted, you shouldnt move onto the next punishment for a 2nd mute, should start over as a first offence again. something like that

• WPN likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:50 PM #7

Leena
Banned

Leena

Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      9d 12h 24m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey WPN ,
Figured I'd give my opinion on this suggestion, giving the fact that I was Permanently Muted once myself.

In my opinion and prev experience.. Moderators, Global Moderators, Administrators and even Omicron are usually very lenient when it comes to punishments/will to listen to a player, even though they've done wrong.
Meaning, if you were to be Permanently Muted, you're likely to receive a unmute within a certain amount of time. This obviously depends on how you write your appeal, and if they feel like you deserve a second, third or even fourth chance.

The duration of your 'permanent' punishment obviously depends on your actions.
But giving the fact that the 'offender' probably already had multiple punishments/mutes on their name, you might have to be a bit persistent, cuz being denied a couple of times isn't weird imo.

Appealing your punishment means that you'd would have to go over the 'trouble' of creating a topic. Here you'll have a chance to explain your actions and motivate the how and why.  It also gives you a chance to convince the staff members that it won't happen again.
Instead of just waiting it out for a couple of hours, which usually leads to another mute, and another.. Because most don't learn.

Might be a unpopular opinion, but that's just how I see it.
Just check out the rules, I think the way they punish certain actions already is very lenient as it is.

https://www.alora.io...official-rules/

0b3bcad7c545a9c4bdc576755b108ade.png

Clan_icon_-_Armadylean.png?1d9cc&2021051   Leena   .   Leenah   .   Elenan   Clan_icon_-_Armadylean.png?1d9cc&2021051

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:45 PM #8

WPN
Banned

WPN

• Time spent:
      2d 13h 45m 18s

• Previous username:
    Humble STI

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Leena I still feel like petty offenses should be reconsidered and removed after X amount of time

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:01 AM #9

It Happened
Veteran

It Happened
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      31d 23h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    Gonna Dc

• Total level:
    Awards

support and close to what selenagomez said but instead of starting over as 1st offense, Id say Unmuting them is giving them a chance again already, so if they mess up again it technically should count as a 2nd offense because they've had time for their "punishment" but came back and made same mistake (whatever it may be).

• WPN likes this
Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:39 AM #10

oijnmukfvrg
Veteran

oijnmukfvrg

• Time spent:
      364d 3h 34m

• Previous username:

• Total level:
    Awards

I guess I wouldn't mind, but honestly you are just special if you don't learn from the previous 5 mutes, lol. Also barely anyone here ever stays permanently muted, when I was staff still we usually gave them second chance.

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:40 AM #11

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards
Full support.

The playerbase is currently struggling as is and with some perm mutes being years old it pushes away older players who may try to return.

We're all adults playing a ripoff of a '01 clicker game. Barring spammers, advertisers, and those who commit literal crimes like DOXXING nobody should be muted for longer then 6 months.
  • WPN likes this

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 29 March 2023 - 06:19 PM #12

WPN
Banned

WPN

• Time spent:
      2d 13h 45m 18s

• Previous username:
    Humble STI

• Total level:
    Awards

I suggest we remove the 24,48,7 day, 14 day, perm and do something like the staff mute you according to the severity of the offence. I got muted once for saying "retard" (I've seen half the server use the same words and nothing happened) after being flamed by the same guy and he said much worse (he wasnt punished btw) and was muted for 7 days cause of it. Petty pk flame or just petty offences shouldnt require such long mutes and definitely shouldnt carry on for years, if you dox or advert shit like that should be 14 day mutes and 7 day mutes and repeat doxxers etc should get the perm

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 06:41 PM #13

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well they do mass unbans for way worse offenses, they can at least let mutes expire. Support. 

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:12 PM #14

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Full support.

The playerbase is currently struggling as is and with some perm mutes being years old it pushes away older players who may try to return.

We're all adults playing a ripoff of a '01 clicker game. Barring spammers, advertisers, and those who commit literal crimes like DOXXING nobody should be muted for longer then 6 months.

Yeah, there should definitely not be any leeway for literal crimes (obviously)

• WPN likes this
Posted Image

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:30 PM #15

Logan
Global Moderator

Logan
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      149d 4h 6m 28s

• Previous username:
    Logann

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 71 user(s)