Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Fixing the accuracy & rate of bolt specs in PvP. Since the last PvP update it seems range has been nerfed heavily in pvp which is bad for NHing. For example, I did a few fights with a guy in void robes which should have low range def. Continuously hit 0's most of our fights whenever I was bolting him, the overwheling MAJORITY of my hits were 0s. (While he was in robes and not praying range). This legitimately shouldn't happen lol. Since the update I've made the habit of simply not praying range as a joke because 24 out of 25 times, they won't hit.  It makes it where you barely even have to pray range while NHing which devalues the skill ceiling involved in Pking.

All we asked previously is that pkers who AFK switch prayers in dhides and a rune crossbow don't out DPS a NHer in max due to range previously being overpowered, not making range only about as useful as a bubble gun in PvP.

Also bolt special attacks RARELY if ever happen, something we failed to mention in our previous suggestions. I can actually count on my hands the amount of times I've seen a dragonfire or opal bolt spec go off. Pkers should be thinking ahead and using things like antifire pots, etc due to the risk of dbolts, and opal bolts should be a counter measure to that. As it stands I would be willing to bet money if I bolted an admin with 50k hp in white portal, the amount of dfire specs I would get would MAYBE be two if I'm extremely lucky by the time I'm done killing the admin. Even watching friends who have completed all their achievements, which should give the Kandarin Diary effect of having bolt specials proc more often, I very very rarely see them happen at all.
Range is broken in pvp and you can feel it.

Is this in OSRS?: Yes.

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No.

How would this benefit Alora?: Increasing pvp activity.

Edit: This is not to devalue any of the previous PvP updates as they were well needed and everyone I talk to in the PvP community as a whole loves them. Thank you @Omicron for implementing those. We cannot give enough thanks.

Posted Image

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:31 PM #2

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support should be the same as osrs but also no support or you will kill me faster 

Spoiler

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:35 PM #3

Kitty is bad
Donator

Kitty is bad

• Time spent:
      8d 11h 21m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support! The Pvp changes were generally wonderful- And it's not a bad thing that it needs a bit more adjusting. Mage accuracy definitely feels much more accurate, especially with different tiers of gear. However, at Horror stated, a bolt spec is one of the most rare things to happen in a fight on Alora.

Range accuracy should be more dependent on gear- We should be able to feel the difference between bolting with a rcb, dcb, and acb, and we should still not be able to be camped by bolts when we're in karils/barrows max.

Again, I want to reiterate how great the previous PVP changes were. Most of them, besides this one, have been great and really improved PVP activity. I want to again thank @Omicron for listening to our suggestions, and I hope you see that the range may need a bit more tweaking!

d20f2a3eb395f091ea65ad3875fe8168.png

de8b2569ab340b4d68d656a9555bc7ce.png

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:22 PM #4

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I started picking up PKing recently, and I can agree with what Horror said regarding ranged accuracy. I would help to not get 0s all the time versus someone without ranged prayer on. Support.

To add, I appreciate Kitty is bad and everyone else who contributed to the recent PvP updates, and I appreciate Omicron for taking the time to implement them.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:16 PM #5

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support

PVP updates are very important because it helps us take one step closer to becoming the best server in ALL aspects of the game. 

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:55 PM #6

Not Enzo
Classic

Not Enzo

• Time spent:
      28d 6h 42m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support anything Demon Hunter HORROR suggests.

Posted Image

My Accounts

Posted Image Yung Enzo

Posted Image Sweeped

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:26 AM #7

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

Ranged plays a huge factor in PvP, so hopefully they can be looked into real soon and be sorted for the next update patch. It is quite irritating when things are improved in the PvP scene, but then other things become worse in the process. Huge support from me.  

Good job on bringing this up, Horror

Posted 01 February 2024 - 07:59 PM #8

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      222d 9h 4m 48s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

I believe this has been fixed many updates ago.

Speaking from experience ranged works fine in PVP. If it's still an issue, feel free to make another thread.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

Posted Image
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 8 user(s)