Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

With the Realism game mode releasing soon I've noticed a lot of people torn between if the 15% boost is fair because they could just get items then transfer to a normal account and flood the market with items that were obtained at a better rate. With the 15% drop rate increase removed what is the difference between when classic fist released and Realism besides a x2 xp rate. I had a few ideas and I was wondering what everybody thinks. If you don't like them be honest you won't hurt my feelings.

1) Make it so the 15% boost is unlocked after a certain amount of Playtime, Total Level, or amount of Gold. (or all 3)

2) Make it so if a Realism account/ Normal account kills each other they don't obtain items from either side. Instead maybe an increased amount of PKP depending on the amount risked but at a rate that doesn't make it worth transfering.

(I know pkers wont like this idea)

3) Have Realism use an entire different currency not just economy. Implement Blood money or a custom currency exclusive to Alora. (Not sure how difficult that would be to implement) 

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on August 11th 2019.

Posted Image

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:54 PM #2

Switchstop7
Group Ironman

Switchstop7
Clan: Dadman Mode

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 38m 4s

• Total level:

It's definitely going to be a hard work around, but I think using a custom currency would be a great idea if implemented properly.

I'd throw my support at number 3 if we could get this to work. 

"It takes 3 seconds to say I love you, but a lifetime to remember you never did."

My Musics: https://soundcloud.com/steve-and-the-believers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Grind

Spoiler

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:05 PM #3

Salter
Veteran

Salter

• Time spent:
      41d 13h 55m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

This was posted recently on the original post:

June 4th Changes:

• Drop rate boost removed:
    • After receiving feedback from players, the drop rate boost was unnecessary for a realistic game mode, and posed a risk of increased item flow to the normal game economy (through killing Realism players) which is not necessary. Thus, we've removed this boost.
  • Launch time change:
    • We've decided to make the release time earlier, it will still be this Friday (7th of June), but will be at 12pm (noon) EST rather than 9pm. This is 4pm server time!
      • This will give participants the full weekend to level up and get a good start on the competition.
  • Clarification on in-game restrictions:
    • Bloody keys and Wilderness supply chests (also being released this Friday) will initially be unavailable to Realism players for the tournament. This will be polled after the tournament.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:07 PM #4

Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

This was posted recently on the original post:

June 4th Changes:

• Drop rate boost removed:
    • After receiving feedback from players, the drop rate boost was unnecessary for a realistic game mode, and posed a risk of increased item flow to the normal game economy (through killing Realism players) which is not necessary. Thus, we've removed this boost.
  • Launch time change:
    • We've decided to make the release time earlier, it will still be this Friday (7th of June), but will be at 12pm (noon) EST rather than 9pm. This is 4pm server time!
      • This will give participants the full weekend to level up and get a good start on the competition.
  • Clarification on in-game restrictions:
    • Bloody keys and Wilderness supply chests (also being released this Friday) will initially be unavailable to Realism players for the tournament. This will be polled after the tournament.

Yeah, I saw the 15% boost was removed which is the main reason I made this post. Without a 15% increase or something else to make the game mode different it will just be Classic with a lower xp rate. Nothing wrong with that but it seems Classic died off.

Posted Image

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:31 PM #5

Conor9
Classic

Conor9

• Time spent:
      24d 2h 26m 45s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah i agree that something should be done. I have no to intention to play the game mode currently as I already play on 4x xp. However the drop rate buff would definitely give me some incentive to play the mode. I know a lot of people are of the same opinion as myself. This mode is copied from another server, and the only reason its popular on that server is because of the buff. I cant even imagine enough people will play the mode and get to end game pvm to even affect the amount of items coming into the game if there was a buff in the first place.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:56 PM #6

Real Josh
Realism

Real Josh

• Time spent:
      2d 5h 36m 46s

• Total level:

I SUPPORT number 1 and 3, number 1 I would suggest total level, otherwise people can trade the cash for their drop boost.  A new currency would be exciting for the game mode and something that no other servers do.  :D

Other Accounts

Normie : Ult Man (Maxed)

Ultimate Ironman : UIM Josh

Realistic Account : Real Josh

Hardcore Ironman : Hard Josh

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:19 PM #7

EIM 1gp
User

EIM 1gp
Clan: ?

• Time spent:
      75d 4h 49m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

2) Make it so if a Realism account/ Normal account kills each other they don't obtain items from either side. Instead maybe an increased amount of PKP depending on the amount risked but at a rate that doesn't make it worth transfering.

BIG FAT NO, we are already trying to revive pking by implementing small portions of pking content.

All the other suggestions wouldn't work without implementing this.

Could not hate this suggestion more than I already expressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:29 PM #8

Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

BIG FAT NO, we are already trying to revive pking by implementing small portions of pking content.

All the other suggestions wouldn't work without implementing this.

Could not hate this suggestion more than I already expressed.

Thanks for your opinion. I don't agree that the other options wouldn't work without #2 as well as i doubt many Realism accounts would be pking with a x2 rate so that its self is already taking pkers out of the wilderness. They would still need to use the wilderness for all the bosses and certain skilling areas as well as still being reward with PKP for the kill.

Posted Image

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:16 PM #9

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
1. Neutral. I noticed that the boosted drop rate was removed from Realism mode, which killed the incentive for most players to play. It’s not bad of an idea to have some sort of requirements to unlock the boosted rate, but there still remains a problem with this affecting the Alora economy negatively due to swapping from Realism to Normal/Classic.

2. No support. This encourages PKP farming, which goes against the Alora rules.

3. Using blood money or some other sort of currency could be a possible solution to the problem stated in #1. If the boosted drop rate does get brought back, Realism players should not have the ability to transfer items to a normie/classic if they use a different currency metric. Let’s not mess with the latter’s economy with the release of this new game mode.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:13 PM #10

Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

1. Neutral. I noticed that the boosted drop rate was removed from Realism mode, which killed the incentive for most players to play. It’s not bad of an idea to have some sort of requirements to unlock the boosted rate, but there still remains a problem with this affecting the Alora economy negatively due to swapping from Realism to Normal/Classic.

2. No support. This encourages PKP farming, which goes against the Alora rules.

3. Using blood money or some other sort of currency could be a possible solution to the problem stated in #1. If the boosted drop rate does get brought back, Realism players should not have the ability to transfer items to a normie/classic if they use a different currency metric. Let’s not mess with the latter’s economy with the release of this new game mode.

Thank you for your opinion! I would like to mention that the PKP would be determined by the amount of value the player is holding so it would be difficult to PKP Farm due to needing to be weathly on the Realism account to earn the points on the Normal/Classic.

Posted Image

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:58 AM #11

Hartje
Extreme Donator

Hartje

• Time spent:
      6d 14h 8m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

t's definitely going to be a hard work around, but it can!.     <3 SUPPORT

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:32 AM #12

Moe

Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      247d 4h 39s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

The 15% has been removed, no worries about farming items on realism anymore, & adding a new currency is not needed. 

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 91 user(s)