Realism Dying - Possible Fixes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:25 PM #1

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

The reduction in gold being allowed into the game through methods such as revs is the root of what seems to be the issue. Everyone is playing this gamemode like ironmen and everyone has high tier drops sitting in the TP waiting to be sold because no-one has GP to buy shit with.

Suggestion: Remove reductions in gold received from sources like Revs that were "reduced" on launch of the gamemode in order to stimulate a completely dead economy.

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:29 PM #2

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I sell my shit all the time, I don't know what you mean by that . 
I don't mind increasing gold from caskets etc, but not from revs.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:35 PM #3

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

My TP has been completely full, everything at wholesale price for almost a week now with zero sales. It's to a point where im just hording shit and not even bothering trying to sell it because I know there's no point.

And why not from revs if you don't mind me asking? Most pk'd spot in the game, reqs just went up and it's harder to slide in on a lvl 40 and free farm imps now. And even if it did get locked down by a clan or something, that GP is still going into items on the TP and into people's pockets.

Impossible to slide in on a lvl 40*

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:39 PM #4

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

https://gyazo.com/f8...900a09d4d031fff

Like i said, I sell shit all the time, i buy it aswell. Just take into consideration that the first few months of a new eco are rough. you gotta sell shit cheap or you won't have any sellers at all. 

Look at this screenshot for example: 

1wHSx7W.png

Theres a lot of ridiculous prices like this, of course nothing will be sold . 

Once again, I don't mind increasing the amount of money from caskets etc, but if we add that to revs, people will only play to swap, and at the moment we have a healthy amount of realism players. 

KP | One | Horus

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:54 PM #5

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

https://gyazo.com/0b...02a0a1eb48fb8e9

https://gyazo.com/69...5e1de2d7e153eab

Meanwhile I'm sitting here completely stuck with all of this shit and 0 potential buyers for any of it. Because the game-mode is dying, no-one has gp to spend outside of skilling shit, and everyone that's still playing has their gear they want. 

Also, I have zero issue with people only playing to swap. They add gold to an economy severely lacking in it and enables people that don't want to have to grind their first bit of money to get started. 

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:56 PM #6

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Most people can't even afford that gear, because its a slow gamemode. It takes time to get everything. You can't use bloody keys,  ask a crafter to make it into fury amulets and you will sell those. No1 wants a ballista, because  nobody is going to pk anytime soon. Occults are not everybodys priority because we usually buy melee/range gear first,  tormented bracelets and eternal boots you are probably asking 100m + because of the slayer requirement. I sold my whip yesterday for 7-5 /8M , magic seeds sell relatively fast, black masks aswell. D boots for 3-4 M will sell 100%. anguish you will ask a fortune for it because you probably paid a crafter to make it, so you gotta be patient with that if you want to make a profit. I could be here all day , you need to adapt tot he economies stage, at the moment most people play it in an ironman ish mode and sell the spares, problem is that  most people ask for a fortune when it comes to those items. Make item deals , sell those items and you will get rid of everything. If you say people buy skilling shit, swap your items for skillig shit and you will sell them fast. Not everyone can afford / Equip that gear yet, don't forget you are playing a new economy and its a 2x XP gamemode, these things take time, thats the fun of it.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:08 PM #7

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

You keep saying that it's a new eco and that it takes time, there isn't time. Realism playerbase is thinning out super fast and more and more are dropping every day. I'm willing wager that in the next two weeks it'll narrow down to the top 20 or less that log in and that's it. There's zero incentive to the game-mode besides that "feel good" feeling, all the PVMers aren't going to sell their drops for less than they spent to get them (Or shouldn't be @You with your 7m whip and 3m d boots) 

It's just weird to me that any aspect of a new economy gets nerfed right from the jump but nothing gets done to stop the ridiculous inflation going on on normal

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:21 PM #8

Groot
Group Ironman

Groot
Clan: Guthix

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 57m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards
I myself see old realism players every single night and new players every single night. (That I'm online to see/interact with) Not sure where the declining realism playerbase is coming from. Could be people have Irl things to take care of that hold a higher level of responsibility over a video game. Ex. Kids, wives, husbands, jobs, family, friends and many more things not relating to sitting at a pc for hours on end.

This could just be my blindness from playing late nights in the NA timezone, but this is just what I see going on. Also knowing a good amount of dedicated realism players to a certain personal level life catches you when you least expect it to. Happens to quite literally anyone AMA about it.

Posted Image

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:25 PM #9

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

As a parent and divorcee dealing with being in and out of court all the time, totally get that. I'm just saying that Realism cc is dead as shit, It's the same 5-7 people I see on ::yell and on my friends list all the time, compared to the week following the tourney there's next to no-one left around. I specify week after because it was expected to lose a portion of the playerbase when tourney ended.

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:36 PM #10

Groot
Group Ironman

Groot
Clan: Guthix

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 57m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards
As to the "realism" cc being dead I've noticed a lot of people move to ICE and Dynasty aswell as just chilling in the Alora cc. If you checked out the Elite cc for eims you'll see at max 10 people in that at peak times. And yeah after a big cash tourny the playerbase will drop drastically because theres "not that much incentive" in the game mode after it is over. Same thing with the EIM and the GIM tourny that's just the way the cookie crumbles my dude sadly. And with what KP has said does hold some truth as in no one is really going to PK as a realism because the potential loss of items is far more detrimental than any other game mode imo. So of course your ballista is probably never going to sell I hate to say that to you.

But as he's also said that in the current "state of the economy" only a handful of people have the stats to use high end supplies/gear. The big money is in the mid tier supplies/gear. With it just being a 2x game mode it's going to take waaaayyyyy longer for a vast majority of people to reach that "late game" stage of runescape.

I know a few people who should probably wipe the grease from their chairs/desk that still wouldn't meet all of the requirements for most top tier supplies/gear. With out specializing in a certain skill or few skills.

Posted Image

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:06 PM #11

Turoths
Elite Ironman

Turoths

• Total level:

Guess the solution is to go afk for a few months then? 

No point in me playing anymore if I'm just gonna be punished for being ahead.

https://gyazo.com/b6...e1e48c592a9110f

Another useless item to add to my stockpile..

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:46 PM #12

MCMUFFIN177
Classic

MCMUFFIN177

• Time spent:
      6d 18h 34m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Realism economy is still growing, that is what we're talking about here. You got ahead early and are unable to sell items for pure GP because no one has GP to throw away like that. My guess is a lot of people don't want to pay these early game inflated prices when they're just as happy waiting a couple of weeks for prices to level out and using what they have and can get until then.

Hors1.png

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:28 PM #13

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 59 user(s)