Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:55 AM #1

Juanelazo
Legendary Donator

Juanelazo

• Time spent:
      9d 5h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: adding a functional general store (or similar to this, with fair market prices)

Is this in OSRS?: yes, and I have seen it work in others rsps.

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: not that i know.

How would this benefit Alora?: more currency in game, since i feel like there is not enough, I struggle a lot to sell items, many in tp, and many people offer to trade items instead of cash because of the lack of currency or inability to obtain some cash from it.

So, can we have some kind of traditional general store in which people sell items for maybe 40%-60% of its value, and other people can buy from there (maybe only like 2 minutes after), and for like 60%-100% of the price listed.

I believe the economy has way too many items for the amount of players and not enough cash around, making most trades to be with a lot of items.

the current general store gives low alch price for the items to sell, and no opportunity for players to buy from it. and the low alch price is many times way too low. 

for example armadyl helmet, current exchange price is 2.5m, mostly sell around that and up to 3m, but the high alch is only 173k. however i would be willing to sell for around 1-1.5m for fast cash, and this would give a small amount back, but not so bad amount as the alch price.

or another option is to give high alch prices as 40-60% of the marketed value of the item.

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:11 AM #2

Senecas
Elite Ironman

Senecas

• Time spent:
      2d 19h 58m 10s

• Total level:

I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you want general stores to work like they do in osrs, except you want the prices to be based off of trading post values? If I read this correctly, then I have a couple concerns.

One is market manipulation. It could be very easy for a rich player inflate the prices of something just to sell them to store. 

Another concern is dev time. I'm not sure how they would even go about this, and if they had to do each item individually, it 100% would not be worth it.

I like the idea of more gold currency floating around for wells and stuff, but I'm not sure if this is the way to do it.

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:59 AM #3

Blackpoiint
Extreme Donator

Blackpoiint

• Time spent:
      63d 9h 32m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards
The problem isn't the lack of money on Alora, it's the overload on items. That's the reason you're not able to sell stuff.

More cash in game would just result in a fucked economy; something nobody wants.

Blackpoiint.png

8ReZuBK.png

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:16 PM #4

Wory
Classic

Wory

• Time spent:
      1d 13h 46m 14s

• Previous username:
    Un ordinary

• Total level:

Exactly what blackpoiint said, The staff team needs to do like many other servers do, either help spike interest in collecting or buying some items every now n then instead of doing cash giveaways do item giveaways, since 90% of time when a person wins a cash skilling pet hunt, its spent on a bond :) 

Posted Image

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:18 PM #5

Juanelazo
Legendary Donator

Juanelazo

• Time spent:
      9d 5h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Senecas , and on the price manipulation thing, they already do it, there are people with hundreds of copies of each item. for example another gambling host has 1200 furys, they can never be sold, nor he is willing to crash the market to put them 1m ea, and even if he did, no one would purchase such many because they are unusable so many of them. I guess with making more money available they would purchase more copies of the same item, but at least we will get something for it in case we wanna sell.

for example another must is clue reward items, most of them are worthless, and can't be sold for even 200k, so why not accept them for maybe 1m on the store? (for hard and above clue rewards), and maybe 500k or something like that for low and medium clues because lucky implings give too many items as well.

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:28 PM #6

Real Dick
Realism

Real Dick

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 24m 13s

• Previous username:
    realfail

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't think I have much say since i'm a realism, but the TP is there for buying/selling stuff. You can throw items in the well to make it count towards needed gp for a server wide bonus. I know a few ironmen and even a few realism that throw dupe items. I throw all my sara swords in the well when I stack up about 5 of them cause they just don't sell.

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:00 PM #7

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 17m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 56 user(s)