Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:22 PM #1

Elite Buddha
Elite Ironman

Elite Buddha
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 19m 16s

• Total level:

For my suggestion today, I would like to propose a way we could get the thieving outfit without having to spend so many votes to get it which could be used elsewhere especially with the 60 minute cooldown per vote book. These were looked at by me and multiple others just some thoughts I ran by a few people and we came into an agreement on some of these ideas. Please give me feedback.

Thieving outfit: instead of having this in the vote store, we could create a formula where you randomly get a piece of it through thieving. For instance you could be 1000 thieves dry of the top but someone else could get it on their third thieve. Make is specific to stalls or any of the npcs that move.

Arclight Creation: I know that arclight is in the task shop, but could we get an alternative to getting arclight vs using points to buy it? For instance we could decrease the drop rate of say silverlight/darklight for some monsters but add the ability to make our own arclight hidden behind a quest maybe? This way its not completely free and still kind of a grind.

Amethyst Crafting: As it sits all the amethyst crafting options are the same amount of xp no matter the level for instance the base amethyst crafting is 84, but the dart tips will give you the same amount of xp at 89 instead of increasing the amount of xp recieved. Just a thought we could change it slightly to incorporate the actual xp rates, so darts give slightly increased xp rates.

Posted Image
Iron Buddha- (Maxed)
Elite Buddha- Streaming- 1933 total
XxBuddhaXx- classic

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:27 PM #2

Veruc
Super Donator

Veruc
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 24m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm here for this I support it.

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:56 PM #3

Real Korn
Realism

Real Korn
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      15d 22h 17m 58s

• Previous username:
    Real cuntZ

• Total level:
    Awards

I support Arclight creation and amethyst xp increase per level requirement. However the thieving outfit I do not adding them to graceful shop wouldn't be bad or even adding the rogue  den minigame for the outfit. i got mine from vote points not much else worth it to get in the long run unless collection log. adding a RNG drop from thieve bad idea imo or stay in vote shop. voting helps server so no support on thieve outfit the rest good suggestion 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:01 PM #4

Who is Ivy
Ironman

Who is Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      8d 18h 17m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thieving outfit - I support this, Gives an alternate option to obtain these pieces! 

Archlight - The alternate to buying from the daily store is from the emblem trader for 3000 pk points. Half and half on this one.

Ameythyst - Support.

<p>Posted Image

Posted 29 August 2021 - 06:21 AM #5

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards
Whats the point of a shop if we're gonna give an easy alternative for every highlight item?.

No support.

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753 Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1bSnK

Posted 29 August 2021 - 08:09 AM #6

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards
No Support for the first two, Open to but cautious about the third.

Thieving outfit - The outfit is one of few practical items in the vote shop, and removing it would disincentivize voting. It doesn't take that long to get (23 days voting 2 times a day) and considering irons can transfer vote books from a normie for less than 350M its not locked behind a time window either. Its also fairly easy to make that cash back in blood shards or cash from elves - so I think its balanced well already.

Although I'm typically in favor of making things more like OSRS, the arclight is easily obtained via a drop from skotizo in wild and outside. If you dont recieve from a drop directly 3k pkp is only 3-4 skotizo runs worth of emblems tops. For a near BIS item at demonics,k'ril, cerb, and others its pretty easy to obtain even in early game.

Amethyst crafting - Having xp increase as level requirements increase makes logical sense. Considering amethyst is meta for mining already and amethyst darts are already a very strong item; Buffing xp rates seems like it could narrow the meta to the point that the other darts can be devalued even more: meaning crystal keys, vote books, dragon imps, and other content can be made more irrelevant for the sake of making the fastest skill in the game even faster.

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:30 PM #7

Luka Doncic
Hardcore Ironman

Luka Doncic

• Time spent:
      32d 21h 47m 42s

• Total level:
    Awards

The outfit I find to be just fine the way it is. Besides the outfit, coal bag, bonecrusher and a few other things, I'd have almost no incentive to vote beyond the bonus xp. As mentioned above, 350M if you pay for the vote books ain't half bad either given the powerful set effect. I wouldn't be opposed to adding other outfits to the vote shop either tbh.

Arclight should remain as something that is hard to obtain given that its best in slot. Not a huge fan of BIS items in the vote shop. 

I do support the Amethyst xp rates buff, as it would make sense for it to scale. Regardless, amethyst is amazing as far as the total amount of xp that it puts out for mining, crafting, and fletching considering its quickly obtained.

TLDR:

1. No support

2. No support

3. Support

Posted Image

Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:35 PM #8

WakaWakavic
Extreme Donator

WakaWakavic

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 11m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Reviving this thread as it's still open and addresses things that I would like to change.

Thieving outfit: If the double loot will not be an option, I support the idea to get pieces from thieving.

About double loot:
The main concern is bringing too much gold into the game. I don't think that should be a problem as somebody has to invest minimum of 55 vote books (with vote bonus, 83 w/o) into the rouge set to take advantage of 6-8m gp/hour.

I don't see anyone using it past 200m xp, but the most anyone will get is around 600m gp in 76 hours from level 99. (Without any bonus xp)

With all xp bonuses and double gp from the set, I would make same amount from thieving to 200m as I would spending 2000 vote points on crystal keys. Making the set useless.

Still, at least double non-gp loot should be ok, crystal + blood shards.

Arclight Creation: Support on having alternative means to getting Arclight, decrease drop rate of Darklight and increase ancient shards required for upgrade to 30 or so. I know Skotizo drops them, but it's not a good alternative for some.

Amethyst Crafting: No support on this one, it's the same xp across the board on osrs

Edit:
Small forum bug, reply window allows to paste an image (Ctrl+V), but won't post. Does the same in edit window and won't post. No error messages.

Edited by WakaWakavic, 05 November 2021 - 12:42 PM.

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:31 PM #9

War
Veteran

War
Clan: Wu-Tang Clan

• Time spent:
      51d 9h 25m 36s

• Previous username:
    99War

• Total level:
    Awards

I do not support the Arclight crafting. It's beyond easy to obtain a totem from slayer tasks and kill Skotizo and get one as a drop.

As for the Thieve Outfit, I personally feel we should implement thieving contracts to earn the pieces.

And I have no opinion on Amethyst.

795225b96c52a12bcb24f3312b24e945.png
238a0c2cff6cedd12eb7525fc2867079.png

Posted 05 November 2021 - 05:04 PM #10

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 95 user(s)