Pha Kyu

• Time spent:
      4d 17h 46m 4s

• Previous username:
    pls dont pk

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

The issue is the price and time it takes to get a silver sickle for the Morytania easy achievements.

Possible solutions:

1. Lower the req vote points for the sickle.

2. Add it to the daily reward shop or the loyalty shop (or both)

3. Move 'collect 35 mort myre fungus' to either medium or hard tier achievements.

Is this in OSRS?: N/A

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?:

Make completeing the easy tier Morytania achievements actually easy for newer players who don't have stocked vote books or game modes who can't spam a lot of vote books at once.

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:48 PM #2

Spudmo
Uber Donator

Spudmo

• Time spent:
      36d 12h 13m 10s

• Total level:
    Awards

NO SUPPORT, let me explain why. I understand your concern, but the cost is only 13 days worth of votes / 7 days if you vote twice a day. Also can transfer from main :P  

the diary's are meant to be a challenge, and the sickle is used for clues as well (multiple uses)  also on a side note the voting does help the server a ton :)

I believe this has been suggested and declined before. But as always we can leave it up to see what players think/Omi's final decision 

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:27 PM #3

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 5m 22s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
I’m with @ Spudmo on this.

No support

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:15 PM #4

Pha Kyu
User

Pha Kyu

• Time spent:
      4d 17h 46m 4s

• Previous username:
    pls dont pk

• Total level:
    Awards

NO SUPPORT, let me explain why. I understand your concern, but the cost is only 13 days worth of votes / 7 days if you vote twice a day. Also can transfer from main :P  

the diary's are meant to be a challenge, and the sickle is used for clues as well (multiple uses)  also on a side note the voting does help the server a ton :)

I believe this has been suggested and declined before. But as always we can leave it up to see what players think/Omi's final decision 

If that's the concern then the right fix for this (imo) would be moving the diary from an easy tier to a medium or hard, easy tiers shouldn't take long at all, the majority are done in a few mins per task and this one you're saying would take at least a week to do and that's if you don't use your vote books on anything else besides the sickle.

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:42 PM #5

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 1h 46m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

the silver sickle always been an issue for new players and  many suggestions has been posted about it.

i understand that it can be really hard to get for new players.

lowering the vote points needed for it is a support from me, except  i dont think it should be added to daily reward shop since it help player to vote.

maybe a medium or a hard task for it wouldnt be a bad idea thou. overall its still a support from me!

Posted 04 November 2021 - 12:32 AM #6

Elite Skilla
Elite Ironman

Elite Skilla

• Total level:
No support, agree what @ Spudmo says if you vote twice a day it will only take 7 days to get them. Just a week, also xfer vote books from normie to ironman is possible.

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:53 AM #7

Wheeze
Classic

Wheeze

• Time spent:
      2d 18h 58m 57s

• Previous username:
    500kg

• Total level:
    Awards
No support to lower the cost, but I agree that it could be in a tougher tier.

A week or two grind/ the cost of 13 vote books merits it to be tougher than an easy achievement, don’t think it’s much of a pressing issue though.

Maybe it could be added to Crystal chest at the same chance as receiving an onyx to give players a chance to obtain the sickle organically.

Dan

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:33 PM #8

Realmungard
Realism

Realmungard
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      91d 12h 28m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

I honestly feel like that requirement should just be added to the elite morytania diary and remove it from the easy. 

Like the amount of people i've borrowed the silver sickle to on realism (which is already the most slow mode and most patient people) I can only imagine how annoying it is, having to wait 7+ days before you can even do barrows, with the diaries done for the runes.

You can keep it in the diary, just it being easy diary makes absolutely no sense for the way the game is played, aswell as the pace of alora.

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:42 PM #9

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

This has already been suggested and declined multiple times. If implemented, this would disincentivise people from voting.

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:04 PM #10

Pha Kyu
User

Pha Kyu

• Time spent:
      4d 17h 46m 4s

• Previous username:
    pls dont pk

• Total level:
    Awards

This has already been suggested and declined multiple times. If implemented, this would disincentivise people from voting.

Did you read the full suggestion? If you did I don’t see how this in any way would disincentives anyone from voting, nobody votes to be hyped about getting a silver sickle, they vote for the bonuses and the sickle is only purchased because it’s an achievement requirement and nothing more. Moving this to a higher tier achievement would fit better if this was your view on the suggestion since clearly more people think it could use some tweaking

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:50 AM #11

Shader
Elite Ironman

Shader

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 43m 4s

• Previous username:
    Eim shader

• Total level:
    Awards

I think it would be good to add to the daily store

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:53 AM #12

Shuika
Ironman

Shuika
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 30m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

In my humble opinion silver sickle is purely for dairies and clues later on which clearly has some value but in comparison with how much effort you have to put before complete easy diaries, ill repeat myself, EASY diaries might sound a bit frustrating for some ppl especially for new comers.

I support putting this achievement into a higher bracket, to a hard or elite, other options sounds unsuitable.

It would make sense while I'm grinding easy, medium diaries I can collect vote books in the mean time to achieve such item later on for my hard/elite diary.

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:10 AM #13

Moonie 6th
Super Donator

Moonie 6th

• Time spent:
      3d 11h 16m 33s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support.

It requires too many days to acquire, dairy step should be moved to a higher tier.

However...

No support to lowering price or adding it to another shop, even though it would be a great QoL change, it will bring the vote-rate down quite a bit, since some IM accounts just vote for that, and it would be a bit shitty for those who already invested their time and vote points on it.

unknown.png

unknown.png
p20.png

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:53 PM #14

Q
Donator

Q

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 27m 30s

• Previous username:
    Qmvieowfjewi

• Total level:
    Awards

Support from me for either lowering the vote point requirement or upping it in the tier categories. Kind of annoying that you have to put that much into an item that is used for 1 specific diary, especially when that specific diary locks off the awards from the others. 

Most-Wealthy-Q.pngMost-Addicted-to-Gambling-q.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=705&height=487

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:24 PM #15

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

I've decided to move this to a higher tier Morytania diary. If players want to wait 7 days to get an extra 15% bonus runes from barrows, that's their decision, however I imagine most will simply just do barrows for the uniques.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 70 user(s)