Aves
Veteran

Aves
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      34d 18h 22m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: When the runecraft cape (max cape/monkey) is equipped, it will act as a substitute to all runecraft talismans and tiaras, allowing access to all runic altars by equipping the cape.

Is this in OSRS?: Yes, https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Runecraft_cape 

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?: With the introduction of the Guardians of the Rift minigame, the new "true" blood altar has been introduced into the game. To access to the altar, you need the blood talisman or the catalytic talisman which are earned through the new minigame, meaning that the content is currently locked behind it.

If this cape perk was added, it would circumvent the need to do this minigame to access the altar. My initial thought when coming up with this suggestion is that it would make the minigame 'dead content,' but since there are other useful rewards (Raiments of the Eye outift, abyssal needle for colossal pouch, intricate pouch, etc.), this wouldn't be the case. However, I can see the argument that this perk would make that specific reward 'dead content' for higher XP gamemodes.

Regardless, adding this perk would be very beneficial for those who don't necessarily want to do the minigame, or for those who are already maxed/comped and want to craft blood runes efficiently.

Once again, this is a suggestion that I had trouble deciding whether it was overpowered or not. I'm open to hearing what other people think about it, so don't hesitate to give feedback if you like.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:41 AM #2

TNB Sovie
Group Ironman

TNB Sovie

• Time spent:
      8d 7h 54m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards
No support. While I don't necessarily think it's overpowered, it's unnecessary. If you are going to take full advantage of the true blood altar, you are going to want to do Guardians of the Rift for the Rainments of the Eye Set and Abyssal Needle anyways, as you mentioned. You are more than likely to get a catalytic talisman from the Rewards Pool along the way, or if you get extremely unlucky, you can always buy a blood talisman from the shop for 100 pearls.

If for whatever reason you JUST want the blood talisman, it's still only 100 pearls, which takes ~1-2 hours of semi-efficient gameplay. GotR is not an intensive mini game, and anyone can do it. For a piece of content as OP as the "True Blood Altar", it is justified being locked behind a small grind.

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:53 AM #3

Donator

Clan: Void Walkers

• Time spent:
      2d 17h 37m 4s

• Previous username:
    GIM Thek F

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. While I don't necessarily think it's overpowered, it's unnecessary. If you are going to take full advantage of the true blood altar, you are going to want to do Guardians of the Rift for the Rainments of the Eye Set and Abyssal Needle anyways, as you mentioned. You are more than likely to get a catalytic talisman from the Rewards Pool along the way, or if you get extremely unlucky, you can always buy a blood talisman from the shop for 100 pearls.

If for whatever reason you JUST want the blood talisman, it's still only 100 pearls, which takes ~1-2 hours of semi-efficient gameplay. GotR is not an intensive mini game, and anyone can do it. For a piece of content as OP as the "True Blood Altar", it is justified being locked behind a small grind.

100% agree with you

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:43 AM #4

Xyn
Super Donator

Xyn

• Time spent:
      10d 18h 2m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

100% agree with this, 100 pearls doesn't take that long to acquire probably a few games at max depending on your RNG with pearls.

discord-banner-1.gif

| スパイシーラーメン |

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:37 PM #5

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards
Support.

There’s no reason to not add the appropriate functionality of the runecrafting cape. Most, if not all, the other skillcape perks have been added already. Any player that wants to craft the maximum amount of runes per hour will do the minigame for the robes regardless, so making the cape work properly has no negative effect on the minigame.

Additionally, I don’t see how anyone can claim the true blood altar is overpowered when players have previously been able to bank dense essence and teleport directly to the Zeah blood altar to craft runes. Dense essence is not able to be banked on OSRS.

Not wanting things to work properly just because it “doesn’t take that long” is frankly a garbage take.

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:15 PM #6

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

While I like the idea of players needing to obtain the talisman from GOTR, the minigame itself already offers some very great rewards for any ironmen who are looking to build up a comfortable supply of runes. We also have most other skill cape perks in game, so it'd be a bit weird if we just left out the runecrafting cape perk.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 67 user(s)