Photo

Paid skilling zone + Donator zone revamp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Paid skilling zone + Donator zone revamp (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this something you would like to see implemented?

1. Yes (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. Indifferent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 16 January 2023 - 05:13 PM #1

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards
What is your suggestion?: Revamp ::dz2 and turn the OG donator zone into a paid skilling zone.
Is this in OSRS?:N/A
Has this suggestion been accepted already?: Inthink so, yes
How would this benefit Alora?: new content for all players, GP sink, ties in with new tax system.

To follow on from the new system being created by Omicron here - https://www.alora.io...e-2#entry451009 I would like to present this idea to go hand in hand with this to remove GP from the game/go towards this new system.

We currently have two donator zones, I’d suggest revamping ::dz2 to include the benefits of the OG zone with the new zone (main one being a bank the same number of steps from the manta spot)

Once done this will make the OG zone redundant, which will allow this to be transformed into a new area.

This area would be a paid skilling area that anyone could access by paying a set fee for timed access to this new skilling zone. Within the zone you would find skilling areas as found in the current OG zone with additions, not only does this zone benefit from high level skilling resources close to a bank, we could also add additional benefits such as skilling actions complete faster here, boosted XP in the zone and more.

As mentioned, to access the zone, the player must pay a set fee to buy time in the zone, similar to how blast furnace works, perhaps something like 25m per hour.

The money made from this zone could then be used as follows - 50% is deleted from the game, 50% goes towards the new system mentioned by omicron.

I believe this has been mentioned before and would need fine tuning but I feel it’s a good time to raise this idea again due to omicron bringing the new system forward in the linked thread above.

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 16 January 2023 - 07:47 PM #2

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      220d 9h 48m 43s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

I would only like to see the main donator zone slightly reworked to include some of the dz2 features, and then dz2 removed.

I don't see the point in creating this skilling zone, would be better to focus development time on other content IMO.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Posted 16 January 2023 - 10:46 PM #3

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

no support

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:26 AM #4

Grey Helm
Ironman

Grey Helm
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      10d 8h 6m 33s

• Previous username:
    aNoob

• Total level:
    Awards
I voted indifferent.

I’m not sure how I feel about something like a “paid skilling area”, but I would absolutely love to see one or both of our current donator zones revamped in a major way.

wqqITOS.gif

Posted 17 January 2023 - 11:40 AM #5

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support on a paid skilling zone, but I would like to see ;;dz and ;;dz2 get some reworking, or combined like H mentioned.

Posted 18 January 2023 - 11:29 AM #6

Bad Behavior
Legendary Donator

Bad Behavior

• Time spent:
      17d 23h 56m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards
It’s a no from me, simply because I believe time coding is best spent elsewhere. Especially with the new content recently released.

7e2BlNv.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 56 user(s)