Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Create Solo-able Entry Mode TOB

Is this in OSRS?: 

Yes

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

No

How would this benefit Alora?:

The new completionist capes provide a goal for players to achieve, and the Theater of Blood completions for the diaries is the only requirement for the capes that cannot be done solo. An entry mode TOB would allow solo players to complete the diaries and get completion cape while gaining experience with the newly updated TOB mechanics as well. I would suggest that there is 0 chance for purples (or rewards at all) while doing this version to not interfere with the already balanced rewards system.

Posted 21 January 2023 - 05:24 PM #2

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards
No support. Get some ppl together and learn tob. Not that hard here on alora
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:09 PM #3

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally don't think an entry mode variant of TOB is necessary. While the mechanics have been updated to be much more similar to OSRS, it is still somewhat watered down and relatively easy to learn after a few attempts. Entry Mode also isn't the best teacher for OSRS TOB. HP and damage are so far reduced that it can be brute forced and provide little insight into how normal TOB functions. 

I'm constantly updating my TOB guide so that it is up to date with the latest changes. This along with existing OSRS resources are more than enough to provide a baseline for what you should be doing in each room. Doing things is obviously different than reading/watching a guide but having a general idea of what to do will make learning much easier than going in blind. 

As for the issue around finding teams, I would suggest joining a clan on Alora. The three main ones being ICE, Aftermath and Paragon. In ICE we recently revamped our learner raids section, so that may be something worth looking into. I can't speak for the other clans, but I imagine they have similar systems. At the very least you'll form some friendships and be more likely to find teammates for group activities. 

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:19 PM #4

JNT205
Ironman

JNT205

• Time spent:
      1h 52m 47s

• Total level:
    Awards

Fair points about the difficulty, I agree that is not that difficult and certainly manageable for end game players. I was more so concerned with the requirements for teammates. For people who primarily play the game alone its annoying for this one requirement for an otherwise solo-able content reward to be locked behind a team structure.

I didn't want to make another "Make TOB solo-able so I can get my uniques" post since there are tons of those and the all get denied for valid reasons.  I figured Entry Mode would be a decent balance for diary comps and mechanic learning since its already in OSRS without affecting drop economy.

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:36 PM #5

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards
Full support. TOB is pretty much dead content, about 4 people do it with and sort of regularity and taking a learner along does not benefit them, any suggestions to make TOB more accessible are gatekept by said people most of the time, or by end game irons who already have the log from back when more than 4 people did TOB.

I see no reason at all not to add entry mode, TOB is dead, and making it more accessible is not a bad thing.

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 21 January 2023 - 08:03 PM #6

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

How are we gatekeeping tob? Takes less than an hour to learn this raid, its actually incredibly easy, I'd even say easier than cox and we dont see people asking for entry mode cox? Theres plenty of people on this server willing to teach people how to tob. Join a clan as mack said, you'll find people there wanting to do tob and willing to teach others.

Full support. TOB is pretty much dead content, about 4 people do it with and sort of regularity and taking a learner along does not benefit them, any suggestions to make TOB more accessible are gatekept by said people most of the time, or by end game irons who already have the log from back when more than 4 people did TOB.

I see no reason at all not to add entry mode, TOB is dead, and making it more accessible is not a bad thing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2023 - 08:26 PM #7

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

How are we gatekeeping tob? Takes less than an hour to learn this raid, its actually incredibly easy, I'd even say easier than cox and we dont see people asking for entry mode cox? Theres plenty of people on this server willing to teach people how to tob. Join a clan as mack said, you'll find people there wanting to do tob and willing to teach others.

Because any TOB suggestion is met by no support and weak reasoning, even when a lot of the suggestions are in fact, in OSRS, and people who have TOB completed now, don’t want to see any changes that could benefit the wider player base instead of the handful of players that still interact with the content.

Yup, you are right, maybe if you are lucky and spend a few hours in yell/cc/discord you will be able to find a group that are willing to teach you, most of the time not, especially dependant on time zones, entry mode should be included, it’s a part of OSRS and should be here.

Not sure why you mention TOB being easier than COX, you can solo CoX in monk robes d scim and basic spells if you want, TOB can’t, and most people with how dead content TOB is, just want to get the diary KC, entry mode would allow it to be done solo too.

I look forward to more reasons why this is bad

Posted 21 January 2023 - 09:35 PM #8

The Inferno
Group Ironman

The Inferno

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 43m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

Dead content and unfortunately super steep learning curve for beginners. Your best bet is to pay people to carry you to get the 5 diary KC. Like it was mentioned above, people do TOB so rarely nowadays that when they do, they definitely don't want to take a learner because of the drop penalty on death mechanics. 

Posted 21 January 2023 - 09:40 PM #9

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards
Elite diaries arent meant to be easy to be done. Wheres my entry mode for inferno to get ezpz elite diary to be done?

Also all I have from tob is 2 avernics nothing else. So be kinda weirdge if I'm gatekeeping myself

Because any TOB suggestion is met by no support and weak reasoning, even when a lot of the suggestions are in fact, in OSRS, and people who have TOB completed now, don’t want to see any changes that could benefit the wider player base instead of the handful of players that still interact with the content.

Yup, you are right, maybe if you are lucky and spend a few hours in yell/cc/discord you will be able to find a group that are willing to teach you, most of the time not, especially dependant on time zones, entry mode should be included, it’s a part of OSRS and should be here.

Not sure why you mention TOB being easier than COX, you can solo CoX in monk robes d scim and basic spells if you want, TOB can’t, and most people with how dead content TOB is, just want to get the diary KC, entry mode would allow it to be done solo too.

I look forward to more reasons why this is bad

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2023 - 11:04 PM #10

JNT205
Ironman

JNT205

• Time spent:
      1h 52m 47s

• Total level:
    Awards

If an elite diary being too easy with Entry Mode is a concern it could always be structured more like a TOA 50-150 invo difficulty and then provide a small chance for the avernic like they do for the fang. It doesn't have to exactly mirror OSRS.  Its just a shame that such a huge part of end game PVM and all of the new comp cape goals are locked behind the need to find a team willing to teach/learn with you.  I get TOB is meant to be a team activity but part of the appeal of an rsps is to make these sort of things more accessible. 

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:13 AM #11

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Anything that makes TOB more accessible gets my support. I just recently came back and am so surprised to see how little it gets run now.

Posted Image

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:00 AM #12

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

Elite diaries arent meant to be easy to be done. Wheres my entry mode for inferno to get ezpz elite diary to be done?

Also all I have from tob is 2 avernics nothing else. So be kinda weirdge if I'm gatekeeping myself

Poor argument against using the inferno as this is pure solo content that does not rely on other players, it would not matter if no one ever did the inferno as it’s solo content, it matters that TOB is dead and inaccessible and you’re locked out from completing part of the game because of this.

This is an RSPS, and simply does not have the player base to not have some accessibility options such as entry mode put in place, without it, people are essentially blocked from completing a section of the game in the diary KC and we should not be punishing players and essentially locking content from them just because they joined the server later than ones who were able to raid frequently back when TOB was done more often by a larger number of players.

I don’t know, maybe the drop rates/drop mechanics need revisiting in TOB, but in the absence of that, entry mode is needed, has to be one or the other imo.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:28 AM #13

Issh
User

Issh

• Time spent:
      6d 5h 22m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support! At this moment, anything to revive dead content is good. I think RNG is onto something with regards to people against all these ToB suggestions having weak arguments against them. At this point, ANYTHING that will get people to ToB is good. Drop rate changes like Nex, entry mode, mechanics revision, easier to solo, literally ANYTHING.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 07:59 AM #14

Arclow
Elite Ironman

Arclow

• Time spent:
      3d 4h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards
All for anything that revive dead content.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 08:19 AM #15

Logan

Global Moderator

Logan
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      146d 19h 51m 58s

• Previous username:
    Logann

• Total level:
    Awards

No support especially on the matter of it counting for diary and as Mack said, adding it wont teach much similar to how it doesn't teach anything on osrs since you can brute force it. I do see people say it's dead content heaps but when its functioning it isn't hard to find groups willing to run it, also much easier to find groups if you're in a clan.

Spoiler

Posted 01 February 2023 - 02:01 PM #16

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 57m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not convinced that adding a 1-1 entry mode tob similar to OSRS would be worth it, but it might be worth adding a different version that allows unlimited deaths, reduced boss hp, and a chest that provides unlimited healing supplies at the start of each room. This way players can freely practice bosses on their own. The rewards will of course be watered down (reduced common loot, no purple chance), and it wouldn't count towards killcount, but that'd be fine since it'd just be for learning.

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:50 PM #17

WakaWakavic
Extreme Donator

WakaWakavic

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 11m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not convinced that adding a 1-1 entry mode tob similar to OSRS would be worth it, but it might be worth adding a different version that allows unlimited deaths, reduced boss hp, and a chest that provides unlimited healing supplies at the start of each room. This way players can freely practice bosses on their own. The rewards will of course be watered down (reduced common loot, no purple chance), and it wouldn't count towards killcount, but that'd be fine since it'd just be for learning.

Highly support this.

I feel that some people are intimidated by raids in general, I was one of them. Having this mode would allow people to learn bosses at their own pace and not feel like a burden when grouping in teams.
I understand that there are nice people in the community who wouldn't mind teaching, but it's just not the same, as group environment is very fast paced and it takes a while to really get it.

Allowing for hard mode would be great too, getting wiped at Verzik p1 is brutal when only one person knows how to use Dawnbringer on HM.

Doing the same for CoX would be nice too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 65 user(s)