• Time spent:
      63d 1h 21m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards
456.png
In-game and Forum Suggestions

In-game Suggestions

Achievements + Achievement Shop Additions
I think there should be more achievements, more specifically I think there should be Hard/Elite tasks. I'm aware that some of the tasks we currently have could be considered as hard/elite already which is why I'm suggesting to revamp the list - perhaps gathering community input, suggestions for tasks etc. I also think there should be more items/cosmetics in the store. I appreciate the fact that there are experience boosting items but there are hardly any cosmetic sets/experience-boosting sets! In addition to this, why did you only add three pieces of the Varrock Armour set? I'm suggesting to add the remaining pieces of the Varrock Armour set to the achievement store.

Store Additions
Spoiler

Varrock Armour Additions
Spoiler

Quests & Quest Points
I think you should do something with quests, whether that be a reward or to be able to spend the quest points on something. Perhaps, as a reward for completing all of the quests, the user should be rewarded with the quest cape. Perhaps you could get x amount of quest points depending on the difficulty of said quest, then being able to spend these points in a shop (cosmetics). In addition to this, more quests could be added.

Inappropriate Usernames
This is something that had been going on for far too long, people have inappropriate usernames and nothing are done about them (with the exception of one word being disallowed under any circumstance). Regardless, it's out of hand and the server is filled with usernames that are inappropriate and they're permitted. It comes off as unprofessional and I think this issue should be addressed as soon as possible. I'm not going to list any examples of inappropriate usernames that are filled in Alora as you're well aware and it would be pointless for me to provide one.

Item Drop Tables
The "View Monster Drop Tables" feature is very unique and I think it's a great thing for Alora to have. However, it's unfortunate that there's not another drop table feature that focuses on items. It would be very beneficial for people who wish to know how to obtain x item from x monster. I'm suggesting to have a "View Item Drop Tables" option in the Game Panel in-game.

Lottery Bot
This is a pretty straight forward option. It would save uTorrent and the other members of staff who help at this event time to focus on other things. 
  • Go to Lottery Booth (only active when lottery event is active)
  • Purchase x amount of tickets
  • Lottery Booth takes your money and informs you on the amount of tickets you have
  • By the end of the event the bot rolls a dice and declares a winner

Forums Suggestions

GFX Competitions
I'm surprised that no graphics competitions are held. I'm suggesting for competitions (Signature of the Week/Month etc) to be hosted by either Slyther or Chase. Submissions would be accepted over a x day period. The host of this event (Slyther/Chase) would select the top 3/5 pieces of graphics that they think should be in a poll. The community then gets to vote on this poll for what piece of graphics they think is the best. The winner of this competition gets awarded with a the forum award rank/icon as well as x amount of cash (funded by the server).

Member of the Month changes
I'm unsure if these are even held as in the latest addition of the Alora Newspaper, Diva addressed that the Member of the Week was Ill max soon. So does that mean that Member of the Month isn't a thing? If so, I'm suggesting for them to be hosted monthly. I also think that members of the community should be able to vote on a poll for which member deserves to be rewarded with the rank (or whatever the reward is for being voted Member of the Month). Now, of course the clans of Alora can vote for their friends etc so I'm suggesting that, much like the GFX Competitions, the members of staff on Alora put 3/5 members into a poll then allow the community to vote for who they wish to be crowned member of the month. I'm unsure what the rewards are, perhaps a bond?

Forum Awards

Right now, Forum Awards are only given at an Administrator's discretion, meaning if you deserve x award you wouldn't be able to get it unless you contact an Administrator. I'm suggesting for there to be an area on the Forums where members of the community can apply for x award themselves. Quick note: Not all members of staff have the staff award as it's not automatic.

Veteran Requirements

This has been addressed a few times by members of the community already but I think you should allow people to obtain the Veteran rank - you should, at the very least, post a thread listing all of the requirements you need in order to be eligible to the Veteran rank. From here, they should be allowed to apply for the rank (if they meet all of the requirements).

YouTuber Rank Requirements and Application

I've already brought this 'issue' up with Omicron but I thought I'd address it to the community as well. As of right now, we have so many members of the community with the YouTuber rank, even though they're inactive and don't play/post content for Alora whatsoever. I'm suggesting for Omicron (or someone else) to redo the entire YouTuber rank list, post a requirements and application thread then allow members of the community to apply for this rank (assuming they meet the requirements). This way we'll have a list of YouTubers that constantly create content for Alora or who are, at the very least, active within the community.

Warning Point System

Quick little suggestion here, I think a thread should be made with a list of sanctions and how many points each sanction gives. It's an informative thing to have in my opinion (how many points = ban etc) and it wouldn't hurt to have a thread.

Leave your thoughts on x suggestion in the comments :^)

Thanks for reading,

Flowers.

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:15 PM #2

Hondenei
Ironman

Hondenei
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      60d 16h 30m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like all of these updates sugestions! varrock armour should have some diffrent perks though, like trees dont die anyways so the falador one would be useless. Some of the varrock armour is fine though.

I especially like to be able to search for an item, especially as an ironman, finding item drops like herb secondaries is impossible unless you ask or know it yourself.

Support

Promoted to Server Support on 10 December 2017.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 17 January 2018.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:36 PM #3

Ill max soon
User

Ill max soon

• Time spent:
      22d 9h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

i like the diary rewards, so i'm all for that.

As for the shield it can be used as it does in osrs, a mole locator, barely anyone does mole for the sole reason of running all the way north when infact it's south of you.

The member/week reward i got in the newspaper didn't give me any rewards nor did i expect any, it's just a little thing to say hey we've noticed you're doing good things in the community keep it up, that's how i see it anyway. I don't personally think they should be a reward attached to it in-game via bonds as many people will probably feel obliged to help and do good so they can win a bond, where as if you just let people do their thing then they can earn the reward whatever it may be if any reward on their own doing.

That's my opinion on MOTM awards anyway, maybe if there was a reward too it people would be nice, then be 2 faced after the reward has been given.

No longer playing 'ill max soon' my focus is on maxing my Classic.

Classic Account Name = ClassicMax

them-watching.gif

44Sw9Lj.png svteAVj.png

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:59 PM #4

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Forums Suggestions

Forum Awards

Right now, Forum Awards are only given at an Administrator's discretion, meaning if you deserve x award you wouldn't be able to get it unless you contact an Administrator. I'm suggesting for there to be an area on the Forums where members of the community can apply for x award themselves. Quick note: Not all members of staff have the staff award as it's not automatic.

Veteran Requirements

This has been addressed a few times by members of the community already but I think you should allow people to obtain the Veteran rank - you should, at the very least, post a thread listing all of the requirements you need in order to be eligible to the Veteran rank. From here, they should be allowed to apply for the rank (if they meet all of the requirements).

I agree with pretty much every suggestion on your list, these 2, in particular, i don't think have really been suggested before or talked about all that much so I'll comment my thoughts on those.

As for Forum Awards, I would really love to see them automated as you suggested, but furthermore, i would like them to also focus on in-game achievements to show off as accolades while talking on the forums. One of the few times I have seen the award system work as I envisioned it should is the player Take Notes. 
EjdpmbL.png
There should be an extension of this type of accolade, and less of things like this. N4HvH4B.png
Star? what......?

When I originally suggested the expansion of the forum awards, I was hoping for something more achievable and understandable for the entire player-base.
A reward for achievements in the form of a little badge for your forums account so you can proudly state "I did this!".

This was more what I was expecting Lh6bU7T.png

I would love to see this forum award system given another revival, and more in-game achievements and competition based accolades (member of the month/community-awards/gfx competitions etc). To incentivize people to be more invested in the game. The Points and PVP competitions for classic release would have been a perfect example of competitions deserving a forum badge.

--------

Now as for Veteran rank, is there an explanation of what it actually is anywhere, I haven't seen it and it just kinda popped out of nowhere while I was inactive during school.
hmu with that rank thanks, been here since before day 1 xoxo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:28 PM #5

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Agree with everything you've said. Good post.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:36 PM #6

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

I agree with pretty much every suggestion on your list, these 2, in particular, i don't think have really been suggested before or talked about all that much so I'll comment my thoughts on those.

As for Forum Awards, I would really love to see them automated as you suggested, but furthermore, i would like them to also focus on in-game achievements to show off as accolades while talking on the forums. One of the few times I have seen the award system work as I envisioned it should is the player Take Notes. 
EjdpmbL.png
There should be an extension of this type of accolade, and less of things like this. N4HvH4B.png
Star? what......?

When I originally suggested the expansion of the forum awards, I was hoping for something more achievable and understandable for the entire player-base.
A reward for achievements in the form of a little badge for your forums account so you can proudly state "I did this!".

This was more what I was expecting Lh6bU7T.png

I would love to see this forum award system given another revival, and more in-game achievements and competition based accolades (member of the month/community-awards/gfx competitions etc). To incentivize people to be more invested in the game. The Points and PVP competitions for classic release would have been a perfect example of competitions deserving a forum badge.

--------

Now as for Veteran rank, is there an explanation of what it actually is anywhere, I haven't seen it and it just kinda popped out of nowhere while I was inactive during school.
hmu with that rank thanks, been here since before day 1 xoxo

Vet rank is for ex staff only for now, and I would like to see member of the month have their own spot on the main website of alora or front page of the forums

Main Account - Syntax

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:48 PM #7

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Vet rank is for ex staff only for now, and I would like to see member of the month have their own spot on the main website of alora or front page of the forums

ya, why do we need 2 ex-staff ranks, confusing af

I went to find some mention of veteran rank and I found a post from uTorrent saying they were thinking about changing the rank to make it achievable to players, so that's good news.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:19 PM #8

Chance
Donator

Chance
Clan: Boop

• Time spent:
      78d 12h 39m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with Hex on the vet and forum awards. It would be nice to see the awards such as the 200m achievements like what Omi has on other players. Also glad to hear about the vet rank having a possibly change to make it achievable for players ^ would be cool!

Everything else you suggested I support, good job man.

qYbeEEa.png

| My Profile | My Hiscores | Vote | Knowledge Base |

| Player Report | Bug Report | Support | Appeals | Updates |

| Price Guide |

| Bonus Skill Schedule |

| I carry's EIM Duo Thread |

Past Signatures!

Spoiler

Only Accounts:

Chance - Main

Wisteria - Classic Mode

I carry him - Elite Ironman

Endless spoilers

Spoiler

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:24 PM #9

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with Hex on the vet and forum awards. It would be nice to see the awards such as the 200m achievements like what Omi has on other players. Also glad to hear about the vet rank having a possibly change to make it achievable for players ^ would be cool!

This^

And also, I support

It would be nice to have all the items functional.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:57 AM #10

Chase
User

Chase
Clan: Staff Team

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

Flowers,

These are definitely some great suggestions, and I especially love that you took the time to design a layout with pictures, etc.

As for GFX Competitions, the reason I personally have not done a SOTW is due to the lack of people interested in Graphic Design within the community. Yes, there are a few people who are active in the graphics forum, however the skill levels between the artist's that we do have (from what I've seen) is so uneven that it would most likely result in unfair competition. I would also avoid doing community voting for SOTW simply due to the fact that some people have a larger source of connections/friends. By avoiding public voting, this would rule out things like groups of clan members voting for each other.

I hope to see more members become involved with graphic design, as I would love to host competitions in the near future.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:02 AM #11

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Everything else you suggested I support, good job man.

Agree, would be nice.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:56 AM #12

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

added suggestions to main topic, and linked this thread here for reference.

Thanks for taking the time to articulate all of these suggestions

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)