Chase
User

Chase
Clan: Staff Team

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm curious to hear other peoples opinion about this suggestion, so please leave feedback.

Wherever a person goes, they most likely are carrying their phone. Now a days, most phones are able to access email.

Upon creating an account, you're asked to enter an email. That email is then used to create an account on the forums.

Currently a player (from what I know) only receives an email when that user has been sent a private message on the forums.

I'm suggesting what if players could receive an email once something has sold in their Trade Post.

Maybe a user could be curious to know if there items have sold, but isn't currently available to login to check.

Or it could be used as a notification, to alert the player to login.

For example,

Subject: [Chase, you have recently sold an item in the Trade Post]

Text: Hello Chase, Your "Fury" has just be sold for "7,500,000GP" from "other user" at "9:03PM".

Now for this suggestion, I would also suggest to add the feature of allowing a player the option to enable/disable this.

Some players upon login, type a random email address they are not even associated with. Others use a real email address.

This could either be added to the TP when you right click > Help, or into the Account Guardian NPC Dialogue. 

To even continue this suggestion even further.

How about using the players email address to enhance security even more.

When an IP logs in that is not normally recognized by the same IP upon account creation, a player could receive a warning email.

2FA does an amazing job already, but couldn't someone still technically login despite being able to have full access to the account? This would warn those who have 2FA enabled, and for those who don't have 2FA enabled, that suspicious activity has recently occurred.

A player could enable/disable this feature at the Account Guardian.

For example,

Subject: [Chase, Alora has noticed suspicious login activity]

Text: Hello Chase, We have noticed that you have tried to login in from a different IP that was made upon your account creation.

Original IP: 94.382.211.29

Recent Login IP: 92,191,111,21

If this was not you, and you suspect suspicious activity, please change your password via forums immediately

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions, I'm very interested to hear what you may think.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:12 PM #2

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seems like a good idea, personally I don't think I will get much use out of it but someone else might. 

Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:15 PM #3

Chase
User

Chase

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seems like a good idea, personally I don't think I will get much use out of it but someone else might. 

Support.

Hence why I think if this is implemented somehow, that there should be an option to enable/disable. Also as I mentioned, some people type a random email address upon login.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:20 PM #4

Collerkar76
Veteran

Collerkar76
Clan: SSS & AST

• Time spent:
      46d 15h 54m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards
I agree with this entirely. You have my support on it, especially for the suspicious activity.

Having 2FA enabled is great, but you will never know when someone tried accessing it and got stopped in the process from the 2FA. We had a situation where the user was compromised - but only protected by 2FA. The hacker logged into his account for a little over a month a couple times a day checking to see if he removed his 2FA, this user didn’t know that this was happening because the hacker was an entirely different time zone. I banned him on accusations of Real-World Trading because the hacker posted his account for sale (Ban was removed when I closely reviewed the logins).

Having emails notifying you of possible suspicious activity is definitely beneficial for every player.

OSRS AEMT P.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:22 PM #5

Chase
User

Chase

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with this entirely. You have my support on it, especially for the suspicious activity.

Having 2FA enabled is great, but you will never know when someone tried accessing it and got stopped in the process from the 2FA. We had a situation where the user was compromised - but only protected by 2FA. The hacker logged into his account for a little over a month a couple times a day checking to see if he removed his 2FA, this user didn’t know that this was happening because the hacker was an entirely different time zone. I banned him on accusations of Real-World Trading because the hacker posted his account for sale (Ban was removed when I closely reviewed the logins).

Having emails notifying you of possible suspicious activity is definitely beneficial for every player.

This is a PERFECT example of why I think it would be a great addition. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:24 PM #6

Collerkar76
Veteran

Collerkar76
Clan: SSS & AST

• Time spent:
      46d 15h 54m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a PERFECT example of why I think it would be a great addition. Thank you for sharing this.

You're welcome. It was a perfect time to share this since it goes hand in hand with what you suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to make this great suggestion.

OSRS AEMT P.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:47 PM #7

Perspicacity
Ex-Staff

Perspicacity

• Time spent:
      6d 3h 42m 53s

• Total level:

Very much approved especially on the part relating to Suspicious activity @Collerkar76 nailed it on the head. Great work Chase.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:46 AM #8

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

My little bit of input here, you could develop this idea even further.

FULLY SUPPORT the notifications for login/suspicious activity - this is a great way to track any unauthorised attempts to access your accounts.

---

With regards to the trading post, why not go one step further and create an app for push notifications? This would be pretty easy to make and would be completely expandable with other features whereby the email option would be relatively limited and potentially "spammy". By today's standards, a basic application can be set up to link with a database fairly easily which would allow you a log of what happens. Just some food for thought but by all means I SUPPORT this.

Posted Image

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:37 AM #9

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Sorry Chase...

The TP idea although it's cool and creative, and props to all the effort you put in. This isn't like Clash of Clans, where the notification tells you when your army is ready and you can instantly play the game again. What I mean is - even if my items sold in the TP, what have I gained? Unless you're willing to fully adjust your day pending on selling an item; if that makes an sense to you.

You essentially gain nothing, except the knowledge that the item has sold; which you will gain anyway next time you login. 

However, you my bro so obviously your suggestions are always epic.

The security bit is an epic idea; comparatively if I saw a notification telling me I had logged in from XYZ Ip address - then I may be willing to adjust my day around it or take the appropriate action by messaging staff on the forums as I doubt it would be my dog logging in for a grind. 

This is more about prevention, and meeting the threat of hacking sooner; which albeit isn't a huge threat, but there is nothing wrong with added security. 

Hope you see where I'm coming from - not like I use the TP much anyway as I only have ironman and one alt I use 

Cool suggestion as always. 

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:13 AM #10

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sounds like a very good idea! I support it fully!

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:46 PM #11

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Very nice idea, support.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:42 PM #12

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

added to main suggestions topic, thank you for the thread layout

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)