• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Adding some new forum awards:

1. "Blood Torva" - Defeating all of the awakened DT2 bosses

2. 500 KC on each of the DT2 bosses

3. Completing the collection log for each of the DT2 bosses

4. Voting for the server *100 times within 1 month

*Voting every 12 hours exactly on two devices (PC/Phone) would result in ~120 votes for the month, so it should be possible for everyone

Making some changes to forum awards:

Change #1

On the forum *Awards page there is a link next to each award to "view awarded", but it does not work.

Let's make this work to show the users who have the perspective award!

* Link: https://www.alora.io...&module=awards#

Change #2

Some forum awards have tiers if you reach higher thresholds of the same achievement.

Two examples:

- Reporting 3 bugs and reporting 10 bugs are two different awards.

- Completing 150 clue scrolls and completing 1000 clue scrolls

Sometimes, for some players, they have both award badges.

I suggest a change to only have the highest tier badge of each achievement so that the badges are less cluttered.

Plus, for another reason, you can only have a maximum amount of awards, so that take up slot of potential other awards.

Change #3

Some award icons either don't fit the theme of Runescape or the forums or they are simply not the best choice

This leads to some icons being less aesthetically pleasing.

- "Classic Nerd" (Colorless clip art doesn't fit in, maybe change to their game icon)

- "Raids 2 competition" (Colorless clip art doesn't fit in, plus it's hard to see w/ forum background)

- "Wilderness Collector" (Venenatis is hard to see w/ forum background. Maybe choose Callisto or Chaos ele)

- "Cape Rack" (Can hardly tell what this icon is. Much cooler to have comp cape icon than a cape rack...)

Is this in OSRS?:

Unrelated

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

Nope

How would this benefit Alora?:

This is for anyone who collects or cares about the forum awards!

• 2 likes this

|   EIM "Lydo"   |   UIM "um im uim"   |   HCIM "Anticipation"   |   Classic "REWK"   |   Realism "uwk"   |   Main "Ruwk"   |

Posted 24 April 2024 - 04:20 PM #2

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      225d 11h 24m 2s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

1. "Blood Torva" - Defeating all of the awakened DT2 bosses

Sure, can get that added.

2. 500 KC on each of the DT2 bosses

3. Completing the collection log for each of the DT2 bosses

4. Voting for the server *100 times within 1 month

Sure, can get that added. Got an icon suggestion? We already use the vote book icon for another award.

Making some changes to forum awards:

Change #1

On the forum *Awards page there is a link next to each award to "view awarded", but it does not work.

Let's make this work to show the users who have the perspective award!

You have to hover the button to see.

https://i.imgur.com/Kk3OzQI.png

Change #2

Some forum awards have tiers if you reach higher thresholds of the same achievement.

Sometimes, for some players, they have both award badges.

I suggest a change to only have the highest tier badge of each achievement so that the badges are less cluttered.

Plus, for another reason, you can only have a maximum amount of awards, so that take up slot of potential other awards.

Sure, can do that.

Change #3

Some award icons either don't fit the theme of Runescape or the forums or they are simply not the best choice

This leads to some icons being less aesthetically pleasing.

- "Classic Nerd" (Colorless clip art doesn't fit in, maybe change to their game icon)

I agree, support. What icon should we use? The classic game mode icon? Not sure if it would look great.

- "Raids 2 competition" (Colorless clip art doesn't fit in, plus it's hard to see w/ forum background)

Personally I think it's fine. If there's a better suggestion then I'm down to change it.

- "Wilderness Collector" (Venenatis is hard to see w/ forum background. Maybe choose Callisto or Chaos ele)

Sure, can do.

- "Cape Rack" (Can hardly tell what this icon is. Much cooler to have comp cape icon than a cape rack...)

It's the cape rack icon from construction interface. I like it. We already use the comp cape icon for another award.

https://oldschool.ru...ilded_cape_rack

uewjOiY.gif

XlQGKk3.png

Spoiler

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:42 PM #3

Phosani
Group Ironman

Phosani

• Time spent:
      7d 3h 6m 23s

• Previous username:
    Zuk my GIM

• Total level:
    Awards

Support for pretty much everything here...

BUT STOP TRYING TO STEAL MY AWARDS. I like the clutter with multiple awards from the same content. Makes me feel special :')

3PVoOn1.png

59FsmXU.png

Achievements:

Spoiler

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:50 PM #4

Ruwk

Super Donator

Ruwk

• Time spent:
      15d 18h 20m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Phosani What a prime example to be had! Lol you probably wouldn't like it as much if you were at the cap (like 45 or 60 I think?) forum awards. I've seen other people complain about it who are :P

@H You are a legend. Here's some further thoughts to your reply:

• An award I forgot to mention was "Minigamer". This only requires you to complete collection log for two minigames out of the 6 minigames that now have a collection log in-game. It seems like they should all be included. Furthermore, the icon for this award seems large and clunky. I think nearly any an icon of almost any mini-game related item would be more suitable. A torso, fighter hat, seal of passage from pest control, colossal blade, etc.

•  Additionally, maybe an award to too kill Corporeal beast 500 times (Icon: Corp NPC) and complete Corp's collection log (Icon: Elysian spirit shield) would help incentive a small amount of people to go there. Corp is truly lonely on Alora.

Got an icon suggestion? We already use the vote book icon for another award.

A partyhat, maybe rainbow?

You have to hover the button to see.
https://i.imgur.com/Kk3OzQI.png

Doesn't work for me unfortunately.
https://gyazo.com/5b...0fd14fc270b96a1

I agree, support. What icon should we use? The classic game mode icon? Not sure if it would look great.

I think it would look fine, and after taking a second look, most of the awards for maxing a game mode just uses its perspective game mode icon as the award icon. For consistency purposes, maybe they should all follow this? But if not, for classsic mode specifically, even the prop sword would look better.

Personally I think it's fine. If there's a better suggestion then I'm down to change it.

I just think that with all the other icons in the raids category being artwork from actual OSRS, the clip art doesn't seems suiting. The different spider hats could be a better option potentially.

9c13561ea41417f040146e8cc3020c2d.png

|   EIM "Lydo"   |   UIM "um im uim"   |   HCIM "Anticipation"   |   Classic "REWK"   |   Realism "uwk"   |   Main "Ruwk"   |

Posted 25 April 2024 - 01:16 AM #5

Folivora
Super Donator

Folivora

• Time spent:
      15d 10h 41m

• Total level:
    Awards

NIce suggestion, great to see your input into the forums!

Folivora-richest-in-game.png

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:11 AM #6

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      97d 51m 38s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards
Support changing the "Classic Nerd" award icon and maybe the name too..

819684i.gif

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 41 user(s)