22 replies to this topic

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:11 PM #1

Walkingalone
Ironman

Walkingalone

• Time spent:
      5h 37m 30s

• Total level:

Right, this might get some hate but I'm probably not the only person who thinks this. Since the new update on cox I'm finding it that people are not liking it as much as the old cox, there are less and less people wanting to raid, not only because of the amount of bugs but also the amount of effort it now takes to raid. I think it needs to be understood that this is a server, a place like osrs but easier, now I'm not saying cox is hard, its just mega annoying and pure effort. I also feel like rooms are now a lot stronger and harder to defeat, which causes me just to leave the raid, I might be the only person... I'm not sure. I really think people will find it more appealing to do cox if it was changed back.

What I'm basically asking, is there any chance we can revert it back to what it was? 

Please comment if you agree :)

DONT FORGET THIS IS A RSPS IT IS MEANT TO BE EASIER !

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:23 PM #2

Fals
Uber Donator

Fals
Clan: no mans land

• Time spent:
      3d 13h 43m 35s

• Previous username:
    Hays

• Total level:

Would be cool to see alora be an rsps again. and not making the game all boring, just my opinion 

support

9cfa522dad556c512a2e278843581274.png

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:26 PM #3

GIMP Happy
Group Ironman

GIMP Happy

• Time spent:
      4d 23h 21m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

The problem is olm whos bad coded, raid itself if fine imo

1ae8cea128093ff6fbad54900b37b7d7.png

ab18cb6e666e9ecfc6c155ed042a93cb.png

12a2dc3972aa2b2d469fbd6bfa264a38.png

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:26 PM #4

C O Q
Donator

C O Q

• Time spent:
      6h 10m 26s

• Previous username:
    Holy H20

• Total level:
    Awards

In my opinion a TEMPORARY revert could be helpful, but not permanent. Reverting to the old COX until all the bugs and issues with the "new" cox can be fixed would be helpful to people who actually need items from COX and want to camp it. If there were no bugs or issues, the new cox is a great switch up from the way it used to be.

SUPPORT

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:27 PM #5

Falske
User

Falske

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 10s

• Previous username:
    Rowy

• Total level:

Big support, this shit i mean all the guides on forums are worthless new cox is buggy as hell, its more in depth, making the reason to go to rsps from osrs invalid, 

Support

No7F4SY.png

EIM: KSon

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:27 PM #6

Classic
Veteran

Classic

• Time spent:
      99d 21h 26m 32s

• Previous username:
    No

• Total level:
    Awards

We are aware of alot of the bugs within COX and Omicron is working on fixes for the problems. The way COX use to be people would complain about "how its so easy and how we wish we had real raids" I personally dont believe it is hard to do the new raids and with that being said this is END GAME content which should be done late into the game not with base 70, base 80 stats. 

No Support from me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:30 PM #7

Dont risk it
Veteran

Dont risk it

• Time spent:
      49d 2h 37s

• Total level:
    Awards
If I’m not mistaken, I believe CoX is constantly being improved and fixed as more bugs are brought to the dev teams attention, give it time, it will be more viable down the road :D

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:31 PM #8

Walkingalone
Ironman

Walkingalone

• Time spent:
      5h 37m 30s

• Total level:

@ GIMP Happy  

I disagree, I was in cox before in a trio and for some reason I get teled to edge? I log out and back in and I'm outside cox entrance, I'm not the only person who wants raids reverted.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:32 PM #9

strudelle
Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 16h 29m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

i miss old cox to, support

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:33 PM #10

S3
Uber Donator

S3
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      46d 11h 27m 33s

• Previous username:
    S3iman

• Total level:
    Awards

Old cox is long & really repetative and made me ignore its existance instead of doing it just cuz of that, got boring real quick ngl.

Rotations and introducing new rooms giving us more options in cox made it acctualy worth doing more of imo.

A few bugs here and there in a rewriten code haven't really stopped me doing 100+ of the new one.

Would support adding easy mode with lower drop rate for those who cant complete the new version and adding challenge mode with higher drop rate for experienced players but reverting to old system is not an option i would like to support.

No Support

TM78Lmw.gif

d6U6zuW.png

Spoiler

Ve3AwtA.png

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:35 PM #11

Walkingalone
Ironman

Walkingalone

• Time spent:
      5h 37m 30s

• Total level:

@ Classic

I understand its a wide variety of people that need to be satisfied and its hard to please everyone, but what omi needs to remember this isnt osrs, its a rsps, people come here to play this for an easier experience of osrs. Therefore wanting raids to be easier. Tob is hella easy compared to cox, you see a lot more tob drops then cox nowadays and it used to be other way around. I personally think a lot less people are not wanting to do cox, only when the bonus is active. 

@ Classic

I understand its a wide variety of people that need to be satisfied and its hard to please everyone, but what omi needs to remember this isnt osrs, its a rsps, people come here to play this for an easier experience of osrs. Therefore wanting raids to be easier. Tob is hella easy compared to cox, you see a lot more tob drops then cox nowadays and it used to be other way around. I personally think a lot less people are not wanting to do cox, only when the bonus is active. 

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:42 PM #12

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion is completely wrong, there's issues and bugs. That's true.

We shouldn't just get rid of the whole system because of these flaws.

With select rooms I scout, I can personally get to Olm without wasting any supplies.

The issue is Olm, and I'll be making a suggestion on what I'd like to see changed.

You should consider making a more detailed suggestion on what you would like to see changed. until then no support.

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:43 PM #13

teeth check
Veteran

teeth check
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

@GIMP Happy 

I disagree, I was in cox before in a trio and for some reason I get teled to edge? I log out and back in and I'm outside cox entrance, I'm not the only person who wants raids reverted.

Just a BTW, this has been a problem for years. Last time I brought it up, Omicron wasn't able to recreate it and thus no fix, it is not a rework-only bug.

OT:

Temporary revert will do more damage, a desperate book of bug-fixes needs to be performed to make it bearable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:46 PM #14

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

I fully support this. As much as I realise they won't do this even a revert until it's fully functioning properly. I know a lot of reports have been made on this and all the hotfixes haven't been completed yet. In all honesty I can't see them reverting it due to the amount of work that was put into the rework. But a temporary revert until this new re-work as been properly tested 100% by numerous people, including non-staff and the raiders within Alora.

At the end of the day, this isn't OSRS that we're playing, we're playing a private server so don't try to replicate it to match OSRS 100%. We play private servers due to the speed and convenience of all the fun parts on OSRS we enjoy.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:49 PM #15

selenaG
Super Donator

selenaG
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      19d 2h 4m 30s

• Previous username:
    Selenagomez

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. Raids are endgame content, if you are finding it hard to do 1. you're either bad or 2. you're not properly setup for it.  I'm able to do SOLO raids with this setup on my ironman (because im too lazy to go farm cerb crystals and trident). FEWtFX4.pnggXXDdi2.png

Get a good layout for yourself and your setup. Then do the raid, stop bitching <3

0Mp5cVM.png

Selenagomezsig.gif

475LmfH.png

SG.png

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:52 PM #16

Walkingalone
Ironman

Walkingalone

• Time spent:
      5h 37m 30s

• Total level:

@ GIMP Jesus  

I'm not suggestion it over the facts there are bugs, I've made this suggestion the behalf of myself and other peoples opinions on the fact that they prefer the old cox instead of this new one. I'm also thinking about the people who want to play osrs but and easier version, and thats why people play servers. People want to experience that feeling of osrs but on a easier scale. 

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:53 PM #17

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

We are aware of alot of the bugs within COX and Omicron is working on fixes for the problems. The way COX use to be people would complain about "how its so easy and how we wish we had real raids" I personally dont believe it is hard to do the new raids and with that being said this is END GAME content which should be done late into the game not with base 70, base 80 stats. 

No Support from me.

I full agree with what you say. CoX is end game content. However it's in desperate need of bug-fixes, quickly. The re-work has been out for a while now. Speaking from experience I'm not a amateur raider on this server and yes the old way was repetitive and demotivating and the idea of adding new rotations is awesome. But I'm now base 99 combat skills with everything apart from Tbow and ToB weapons and completing CoX without these is more than a challenge, especially when you consider I'm playing an RSPS and not OSRS. Variation to the raids is a good addition but it should still just be as accomplishable with gear that isn't top tier.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:02 PM #18

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

@GIMP Jesus 

I'm not suggestion it over the facts there are bugs, I've made this suggestion the behalf of myself and other peoples opinions on the fact that they prefer the old cox instead of this new one. I'm also thinking about the people who want to play osrs but and easier version, and thats why people play servers. People want to experience that feeling of osrs but on a easier scale. 

Yes, reverting the system doesn't make it easier.
The old system was not OSRS feeling.

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:05 PM #19

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Haven’t experienced the new cox as of yet but reverting it sounds like a real bad idea. It’d make more sense to just let omi fix all of it in one update + hotfixes after that one.

No support.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:51 PM #20

Hint
Super Donator

Hint
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      47d 19h 18m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

Im against just straight up reverting it since alot of work has gone into it, but if there was way for both types of COX to exist at the same time i belive that could be a semi-"good" solution. So players can choose if they want to do the new COX (More like OSRS) or if they want to do the "old" COX. Im not sure if there is much work to get this going or how it is going to affect the loot that players will be getting, but if its balanced I think it could be a half way point were u can chose if u want to do the new COX or the old one.

-kinda support

4qmyjc2.png

Hardcore Ironman: Hints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 62 user(s)