Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Safe Pvp - Rewards / Incentive

Hello, this suggestion was made to help improve the current state of pvp in Alora & make it more active.

If you want this thread in raw text; Click here

Introduction:

Right now PvP / Pking in Alora is quite dull.

The only fights you get are risk fights & the pvp scene is very scarce, there's almost no one there to pk.

Pure pvp is almost non-existent and in my opinion that's where the most fun lies. Killing pure's gives nothing though.

When you fight as a pure, most of the time you risk like 200-500 thousand.

This is nice money but I could just thieve for this money instead.

Since there's almost no pkers I'd probably thieve the money faster as well.

Therefore I have no reason to go risk my items for a fight that's gonna take 30 minutes to find and 30 seconds to complete.

I understand that pking is mostly for fun. Most people don't care about loot.

They simply do it because they find it more interactive & more fun than to pvm.

I also understand the fact that 80% or more are currently playing as Ironmen or Classic mode. 

I'm an Iron myself and there's no reason for me to go out in to the wilderness and risk my stuff (Except bossing). 

This complicates the pk scene because if no one has any incentive to go out in to the wilderness (Except bossing)

there will be so much fewer players that PK. 

As I see it now, with the current state of pvp, the only ones that pk are the same ten people.

Suggestion:

To make pvp more fun for everyone, all modes included. I suggest we make some kind of reward besides pk points.

This reward shouldn't be possible to get from normal wilderness / pvp. I suggest this reward will be applied in safe pvp areas.

I only know of one of these areas and that is Clan Wars - White portal.

I've seen this on another server I once administrated over, that one however was more pk focused.

This server had 50+ pking in safe pvp almost all the time. Alora has 500 players, so it wouldn't surprise me if it excels beyond that.

Making clan wars desirable for all modes, and making it worth going there, even if you're a classical player or a normal one

is gonna help significantly with the pvp scene. I also think some tweaks of the current safe pvp should be done; 

Maybe make it 25 wilderness so level 126's can't destroy level 80's & maybe make it so food can't be brought inside.

I also suggest making it single target & disallow clan killing. (One clan kills all that enters)

I also think pk points should be awarded at a lower rate in such areas. Since you don't lose items. (But they should still be rewarded)

These pk points doesn't have to be the same as the ones you get from real wilderness. Could be a whole different kind of currency.

With this currency we could make a shop for all modes to use. It doesn't have to be much in this shop.

Just a few items that makes it worth pking in safe pvp. (Maybe items only obtainable from safe pvp)

The reward: (My opinion, I'd love to hear yours)

The standard reward for killing someone in safe pvp;

10 - 40 thousand coins (could be less)

2 - 4 SPKP (Safe player killing points)

[1 PKP (If SPKP isn't introduced)]

Chance rewards from killing someone in safe pvp;

1/50 chance to obtain additional gold (100-300 thousand)

1/100 chance to obtain stuff from rare drop table

XSicpScARYeVjBxm4hU84w.png

DAows3WiR5WWYwW_Va9daw.png

And so on..

1/10000 (or more) chance to obtain an item from the real PKP shop;

6KjXrc_HT7qWmzMy_kC6LA.png

SPKP Shop:

Treasure trail items; (Could be as simple as buying a reward cache of the different verities to get a random item from one of them)

Easy items: 200 SPKP

Medium items: 500 SPKP

Hard items: 1000 SPKP

Elite items: 2000 SPKP

Supplies;

Combat potions: 50 SPKP

Food (Shark?): 5 SPKP

Rune arrows: 2 SPKP

Rune darts: 2 SPKP

Rune bolts: 2 SPKP

Rares;

Crystal Key: 250 SPKP

Ring of wealth: 500 SPKP

Unicorn masks: 5000 SPKP

Fighter torso: 3000 SPKP

Whip mix: 2000 SPKP

Dragon defender: 3000 SPKP

7TtGtGuBQ5yzEgergNnB2A.png

End:

I don't want this to ruin the economy, nor do I want it to make ironmen/classics get items quicker or easier. This is to make it more fun to pk for all modes!

All the prices & all the details of this are simply made up to put it in to perspective on how it could look if said stuff were added.

This might hurt normal wilderness some in the long run, but if we look at how the wilderness looks today. It might actually bring more people to risk fight.

The normal wilderness will still be there for risk fighting and clan pvp but there will be something else that people can do. Safe pvp.

I think something like this would rekindle the pking community and bring more people to fight each other. I would love to see the pking community flourish

like it does on so many servers I've played on. Alora is the best option out there right now and I believe that something like this would make you stand out

even more than you already do.

This suggestion however might seem unorthodox and very "not osrs" and for that reason I don't expect many people to like it.

But I strongly believe this is what we need to make it better & attract more pkers to this community.

I would like to thank you for taking your time and reading this. It's been a pleasure writing it and I hope that many will find it interesting and start thinking about

suggestions that might help the pking scene. All of these suggestions are my opinions & I don't expect you all to like them.

I would also like to hear your opinion on all this! Thanks!

Disclaimer:

I am Swedish, so I don't expect my English to be perfect and I hope you don't either.

Feel free to correct me where I am wrong so I can better myself for the future.

I say good bye & I leave you with a meme;

buying-gf_o_7109591.jpg

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:53 AM #2

Solomission
Master Donator

Solomission

Clan: DW

• Time spent:
      38d 21h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello pvp should not be safe so no support from me also those rewards wold bring more items intro the eco and that we dont need

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:56 AM #3

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Would rather see more bug fixes and QoL updates than more PKing updates, since no-one really PKs on this server anyway.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:12 PM #4

Solomission
Master Donator

Solomission

Clan: DW

• Time spent:
      38d 21h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

Would rather see more bug fixes and QoL updates than more PKing updates, since no-one really PKs on this server anyway.

i know realy Its time to accept that and fix what realy matters to the players

• 1 likes this

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:23 PM #5

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

i know realy Its time to accept that and fix what realy matters to the players

Doesn't have to be like this. I feel like a pking community is healthy for servers. I understand that most people will continue to pvm.

This will bring a new crowd. Bug fixes should be done whether this is added or not. QoL updates isn't to be ignored.

I personally would love to see something like this.

Hello pvp should not be safe so no support from me also those rewards wold bring more items intro the eco and that we dont need

I never said it has to be exactly like this. I'm just saying that bringing rewards to safe pvp would get more of the other modes trying it out.

Right now ironmen can't pickup items from kills, so there would be no reason to pk. If there was a reward system for said ironmen, this would change.

I believe pking is a great part about servers. Pvm is fun, and there's always gonna be people that only do one thing. But then there's people like me,

Who is more both-sided than others. I like both pvm & pvp! Right now, I have no way of pking and if I wanted to, I will have to make an alt and spam yell for a fight.

This is my opinion.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:37 AM #6

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Doesn't have to be like this. I feel like a pking community is healthy for servers. I understand that most people will continue to pvm.

This will bring a new crowd. Bug fixes should be done whether this is added or not. QoL updates isn't to be ignored.

I personally would love to see something like this.

I never said it has to be exactly like this. I'm just saying that bringing rewards to safe pvp would get more of the other modes trying it out.

Right now ironmen can't pickup items from kills, so there would be no reason to pk. If there was a reward system for said ironmen, this would change.

I believe pking is a great part about servers. Pvm is fun, and there's always gonna be people that only do one thing. But then there's people like me,

Who is more both-sided than others. I like both pvm & pvp! Right now, I have no way of pking and if I wanted to, I will have to make an alt and spam yell for a fight.

This is my opinion.

What I meant was that the development time that would be used for this PKing update could be used for additional bug fixes/QoL updates. Also, have been lots of PKing updates since launch and none of them have been able to bring in a PKing community, so I have no reason to believe that this one would, if it was to be implemented.

Ironmen can get PKP from emblems dropped by Wildy bosses. We don't even have access to the PKP shop, so there isn't really very much of an incentive for us to try and gain PKP, anyway.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:07 AM #7

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Clan wars would be nice to see eventually and with some kind of reward like pc, if void wasn't in pc no1 would be playing that so that effect should be the same as cw, maybe some other ideas would be nice.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:51 AM #8

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

I don't support this really, as making it work properly and not be abused + remain active content would be a task and a half. We have much more important stuff to focus on

I'll still be adding it to main list though, since you put in quite a bit of effort here!

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)