Jump to content


Photo

Playing Alora


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Posted 05 October 2026 - 02:57 PM #1

Grimy Shirt
Classic

Grimy Shirt
Posts: 4
Likes: 6
Location: England, UK


  •  Member since:
    23 Nov 2025

    • Time spent:
      5h 1m 1s

  •  Total level:
    332

What makes you play Alora and not OSRS or do you play both? :D 



Posted 05 October 2026 - 04:22 PM #2

23
Senior Moderator

23
Posts: 270
Likes: 226



  •  Member since:
    24 Mar 2018

    • Time spent:
      56d 13h 51m 42s

  •  Previous username:
    Cmdr Data

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards

What makes you play Alora and not OSRS or do you play both? :D

Fun question!  I've always been an RS3 player as I couldn't get down with starting over on OSRS.  RSPS have always more about the community for me.  The first RSPS I joined in 2010 I stuck with until it shut down several years later.  I joined Alora in 2018 seeking a return to the RSPS scene.  Had a blast, life called and I forgot about it.  Cue 2025 and I "discovered" Alora.  It looked familiar after I started playing a bit.  Realized I had a donor account already (this one) and I haven't looked back.  


  • Moe likes this
Ironman Account: Olllivander

Posted 05 October 2026 - 06:51 PM #3

Gl

Administrator

Gl
Posts: 262
Likes: 359
Clan: ICE
Location: Alora CC





  •  Member since:
    12 Sep 2024

    • Time spent:
      41d 7h 56m 48s

  •  Previous username:
    807

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards

  •  2 bugs found
I dabble on OSRS sometimes, mostly afking skills, because I like the slower grind and it feels like a bigger achievement.

But I primarily play Alora because I love the smaller community, not having to pay $15/mo for every account, and because I absolutely despise questing.
  • Moe likes this

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 06 October 2026 - 05:40 AM #4

Hard Dance
Master Donator

Hard Dance
Posts: 125
Likes: 234
Clan: Aftermath
Location: Czech Republic


  •  Member since:
    31 Mar 2018

    • Time spent:
      22d 12h 6m 31s

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards

  •  1 bugs found

I've been on private servers since like 2010, hopping onto the main game here and there for smaller goals but i mainly set huge goals on private servers to keep me motivated. Gaming on Alora since 2018 and there's still stuff to do  :D


Most 3rd age items ingame? :D

aNAvqOR.png


Posted 06 October 2026 - 07:13 AM #5

FishKnight
Group Ironman

FishKnight
Posts: 11
Likes: 14
Clan: ICE
Location: Ohio, USA



  •  Member since:
    25 Jun 2026

    • Time spent:
      1d 20h 6m 20s

  •  Total level:
    2,276

  •  3 bugs found

The older I get, and the more expensive membership gets, its just more enjoyable to play Alora. The xp rate choices and gamemodes are enjoyable without dedicating thousands of hours. 



Posted 06 October 2026 - 11:08 AM #6

Heaven Sent
Extreme Donator

Heaven Sent
Posts: 101
Likes: 77


  •  Member since:
    09 Mar 2026

    • Time spent:
      15d 5h 12m 48s

  •  Total level:
    1,657
    Awards

  •  4 bugs found

Been in the RSPS scene since '07, and got pretty deep into it around the early 2010s, from doing random side dev work to management/admin stuff. At this point I’ve been around so long I genuinely can’t bring myself to say goodbye. Lawl

 

I barely get any proper free time these days, but I still try to lurk around the RSPS scene and jump on Alora for a bit each week. Gotta keep the addiction alive somehow.

 

I do play OSRS... Well kinda. Hit 2k total and quest cape earlier this year, but I’ve barely touched the account since. I can comfortably afford the membership every month, but paying for it somehow makes me feel obligated to log in and actually get my money’s worth.

 

And ye, pretty much the same reason as everyone else, I’ve always preferred the smaller, more tight-knit communities. They just feel way more enjoyable.

 



Posted 06 October 2026 - 11:50 AM #7

RG12
Master Donator

RG12
Posts: 162
Likes: 132
Clan: AFM
Location: East Coast USA


  •  Member since:
    21 Nov 2018

    • Time spent:
      40d 12h 23m 37s

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards

  •  8 bugs found

Yell and tp wizard :kekw:


f65c857fc6f731ffb14ba6b9477ed19d.png

 


Posted 06 October 2026 - 01:28 PM #8

RiskitRaw
Ironman

RiskitRaw
Posts: 18
Likes: 8
Location: Basement



  •  Member since:
    09 Sep 2026

    • Time spent:
      7h 38m 23s

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards
The smaller community and easy access to things makes the grinds more enjoyable. And questing requires dedication and not be adhd diagnosed to have patience, no thanks.

Posted 06 October 2026 - 07:07 PM #9

BMPBigTime
Ironman

BMPBigTime
Posts: 3
Likes: 0


  •  Member since:
    13 Sep 2026

    • Time spent:
      7h 33s

  •  Total level:
    730

  •  1 bugs found

Membership prices are out of control. I feel forced to play when paying a month or year. Private servers offer different bonuses for your money not access to the game.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


This topic has been visited by 27 user(s)