Photo

Content poll - Bonds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Content poll - Bonds (73 member(s) have cast votes)

If we were to allow bonds to increase rank past super donator would you agree on making mystery boxes untradeable?

1. Yes (54 votes [73.97%])

Percentage of vote: 73.97%

2. No (19 votes [26.03%])

Percentage of vote: 26.03%

Vote

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:14 AM #21

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

How about placing fixed prices in the TP with bonds and m-boxes.

It would give you a chance to regulate the amount flowing through without players hypothetically leeching this system for extra GP. 

In theory this may sound plausible, however allow me to explain why it would never work.

First off, this would require coding to make it so that the bonds and mystery boxes cannot be traded/dropped/looted. You would also need to make it available to be sold in the trading post, at a set price.

In doing this, you create a system in which players have to constantly refresh the TP, in hopes that they can buy a bond, or a system in which bonds do not sell because their set price is deemed to high by the player base.

The next issue is how iron man will receive ingame bonds, as the only current way is to use a bond on an iron man. If we remove the ability to transfer bonds and only use the trading post then you run into an issue there in regards to ironmen who want to use in game bonds for donor ranks. This could be fixed if ironen are given access to the trading post, but only for bonds..but this also requires even more coding.

Lastly, you're forced to add a set price in the trading post, as you cannot just have an npc who gives 30m~ for a bond, as that would flood the market with spawned gp essentially.

The stronger solution if you're looking to go this route is to force players to pay x amount in order to consume a bond (for example 1-3m per bond) @ uTorrent

You get the best of both worlds, you can somewhat make sure players lose profit, provide a gold sink, and avoid massive amounts of coding/and set prices.

By doing this you are incentivising the players who are spending real life $ for donator ranks, rather the players who are spending in game wealth to reach higher ranks. It's 2:30 AM so my ideology here could be off, I look forward to the responses in regards to this suggestion.

DISCLAIMER: As I mentioned in my previous posts, the economy adjusts based on things like these, so if we assume bonds are 30m ea, they might very well drop to 27m as a result. It's difficult for me to determine such cause and effects.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:57 AM #22

O T T O
Donator

O T T O
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards
I'd like to see the price of Mystery Boxes increased on the store. I don't necessarily mind what people are currently doing to increase their rank to legendary and Uber as it's quite smart doing it they way they have. But for people who have actually donated for the rank, it somewhat devalues it as a player can spend 400m(equivalent of $130) for the same rank.

I'd support either idea of increasing Mystery Box prices on the store or introducing a Bond tax upon consumption.
December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:17 PM #23

Oli
User

Oli

• Time spent:
      10h 41m 48s

• Total level:

I'd like to see the price of Mystery Boxes increased on the store. I don't necessarily mind what people are currently doing to increase their rank to legendary and Uber as it's quite smart doing it they way they have. But for people who have actually donated for the rank, it somewhat devalues it as a player can spend 400m(equivalent of $130) for the same rank.

I'd support either idea of increasing Mystery Box prices on the store or introducing a Bond tax upon consumption.

If you are to increase the price of the boxes than possibly think of increasing rewards/drop rates as well ?

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:03 PM #24

Fat nerd
User

Fat nerd
Clan: #TNG BITCH

• Time spent:
      9d 9h 53m 43s

• Total level:

bring back the old bond system iv seen it in many other servers and never seen anyone have a problem with it. if you are dedicated enough to make 1.5b (most likely more if multiple people are doing it) for the sole purpose of getting a rank you should be able to get your god damn rank. think of this as well, how many people in game are willing to let alone have the money/time to do this (not many is the answer in case you were wondering). someone out there is still paying 2500$ for the bonds we purchase you are still making money. #freethebonds

RaidSlave

8796a619445389b78afe88f692a01cd2.png

09773c1a942778e41232104f6a006668.png

aba5e13afefc07ff7dd84cfe2f42c2e1.png

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:12 PM #25

Krategy
Super Donator

Krategy

• Time spent:
      9d 15h 33m 29s

• Total level:

Edit: Deleted, something didn't make sense

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:26 PM #26

Dej
User

Dej

• Time spent:
      16d 17h 22m 24s

• Total level:

I don't see a problem with the way it was, it took a long ass time even with reselling the mboxes. Took a lot of time to buy those bonds with everyone buying them at the same price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:19 PM #27

Kidda
User

Kidda

• Time spent:
      21d 19h 15m 57s

• Total level:

put it back how it was know one had a problem with it.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:44 PM #28

Ultistic
Veteran

Ultistic
Clan: IDFWY

• Time spent:
      205d 18h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    Lowkey

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for all the suggestions made about this.

Will be further discussing this with Omicron and hopefully we can come to a fix that will please everybody.

Poll is closed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)