Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

MF22izk.png

Hi guys and welcome to the latest edition of the Alora Newspaper. I'll be taking over from Jedzio running them. I'd personally like to thank Jedzio for all the hard work that went into creating them as well as the success they brought.

XOAznLX.png

The update that came on 17/02/17 was huge! The following were added;

Abyssal Sire:

To take on the challenge of the Abyssal sire, speak to The Unsired after using the Abyssal Sire teleport in the bosses tab on the Teleport interface.

You will be teleported to an instance when you can begin the battle.

You must have a Slayer level of 85 to enter the chamber.

If you are on an Abyssal demon task, killing the sire will count towards your task.

Abyssal sire can now be assigned as a Slayer task, for between 5-15 kills.

Pvm/Boss records lantern:

A lectern has been placed at home slightly west of the bank.

This lectern will list the fastest boss kill records for every boss, and which player holds it!

Additionally, the second right-click option will list the player who has killed the most of each boss!

All records are sorted alphabetically and updated in real-time.

Banned players will not be shown in these records -- The next best record will be shown.

Bond changes:

Bonds will now give ONLY tokens once you've become a Super donator, with no rank increase thereafter.

Eg. If you're a normal player, you can open bonds to get to Super donator, but cannot continue to reach Extreme, for example.

You will still receive 100 tokens as usual, just not the rank increase past Super donator.

Slayer equipment changes:

Previously, the default Slayer helmet and Black mask only provided a 16.67% damage boost, but no boost at all to accuracy.

Both headgear now provide the proper boosts. (Melee-only if non-imbued)

Slayer helm (i) / Black mask (i) have been added.

Provides Magic/Ranged bonuses of 15% to damage and accuracy on top of the base Melee boost.

Purchase a Helmet imbuement scroll from the Slayer shop for 7.5k reward points and use it on your helm or mask.

Other updates:

You can find the full update list here.

Many thanks to Omicron for the great work put into them.

Xbo3ull.png

There's been some new rules added over the past couple of weeks. They can be viewed in RED.

21. Account Sharing

An account should only and will be possessed by a single person. Players are not permitted to allow anyone on their account or share it with anyone else. Players are not to sell (see rule 6 regarding RWT), lend, share, or provide their account to anyone else for any duration of time. This rule is to prevent any unfairness throughout Alora as a whole. This rule also is to further commend players that independently earn achievements, onerous or effortless, and to preserve the triumphant feeling in which the achievements aforementioned possess. The hiscores are meant to display the efforts and achievements of one player, unaided.

First Offense (Selling) - Permanent Ban | Second Offense - IP-Ban

First Offence (Sharing) - Warning | Second Offence - 24 hour ban + bank wipe | Third Offense - Permanent ban

3. Advertisement

Advertisements unrelated to Alora on the forums and server are forbidden. If done so, the wrongdoer will receive a MAC ban. You will not be able to appeal this offense. Those who have other situations that do NOT relate to RuneScape Private Relations can private message an Administrator for permission to advertise (Youtube,Twitch,etc), otherwise ALL advertisements will be dealt with as the same.

First Offence - MAC Ban

objTq8d.png

Over the past couple of weeks there have been some coming and goings. The following changes have been made to the team. I'm sure you'll all join me in welcoming the new members to the team as well as thanking past staff members for their efforts.

Otto resigned from Global Moderator and came back shortly after. We're happy to have him back on the team.

Saint Lucia was promoted to Global Moderator. He's a veteran staff member who we're happy could join us again.

F 8 was promoted to Global Moderator. We are very happy to be welcoming him back after his short but needed break.

Demolition switched to Forum Moderator due to personal reasons.

6ixKid was promoted to Server Support. We wish him the best of luck in his new position!

Chiszle was promoted to Server Support. We wish him the best of luck in his new position!

Syrinx was promoted to Server Support. We wish him the best of luck in his new position!

Jace has rejoined the staff team as a Server Support. Welcome back!

Unfortunately there have been some demotons & resignations.

Xrapierx was demoted from Server Support. We'd like to thank him for his time as a staff member. Best wishes.

Jedzio was demoted from Server Moderator. We'd like to thank him for his time as a staff member and all of his
contributions to the server.

Iron Senpai Has temporarily resigned from his duties. We wish him a quick return!

Daltino resigned from Server Support. We'd like to thank him for his time as a staff member and all of his contributions to the server. Best wishes.

Flipper has resigned from Server Support. We'd like to thank him for their work as a staff member. Best wishes.

BdWaEpc.png

We are proud to announce that the Player of the Week has been awarded to Hex . Hex does a great job in the Ironman community, leading a successful clan and helping new Ironmen with their adventures. We would also like to recognise Hex for their ingame achievements. They are rank 1 on the Ironman Hiscores and currently the closest player to 200m all skills. Keep up the great work Hex. We will be in touch soon with your Bond reward.

ACU5SD8.png

This week Volta interviews Saint Lucia. Many thanks to Volta for conducting the interview.

Hello, today we will be interviewing the newest addition to the Global Moderators, Saint Lucia.

V -  You've been here since the first day on Alora, how has your time here been?

S.L - It's been pretty good. I really like the community, although people can get a little toxic sometimes. I'm glad that Omicron finally got some traction, he deserves the success that Alora has had, and hopefully it continues to grow with the new PVP rehaul and other future updates on their way.

V - A lot of people have been confused with the seemingly random promotion, is there anything you want to clarify with the community?

S.L - I've been in many staff positions over the years and consider myself good at dealing with people, so I asked Blank if I could return and help out. Didn't expect an instant global mod position, but he knows I can handle it, so it makes sense.

V -  How has your time as Global Moderator been thus far?

S.L - I like the role, and I enjoy helping others. I can't wait to host some more PvP events, especially after a lot of things get fixed.

V -  Apart from Alora, what are some of your favorite hobbies/activities?

S.L - I'm currently on a gap year so I'm going to be travelling and just chilling. I'm thinking of going to school for Cinematography or something like that. I enjoy creating something from nothing and the whole aesthetics of it. Other than that I just hang out with friends / play games / and whatever happens. I like to live day by day.. lol. I also like music production, and playing the piano. I'm not very good anymore but i used to take lessons.

V -  I can't help but notice your name is "Drake", yet your Discord avatar is of Ice Cube? Can you explain?

S.L - I'm a big fan of Ice cube.. irl name is discord name though.

V - Tell me what you like about Ice Cube..

S.L - hmm. do people dislike cube?

V - favorite albums/songs ect what you like about him as a person.. yeah hes annoying

S.L- ? ^.. fym hes annoying.. I like ice cube's song "Hood Mentality"

That concludes our interview for today with Saint Lucia , we wish him the best of luck in his new position and we're sure he will be a valuable asset to the team!

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:33 PM #2

Saint Lucia
User

Saint Lucia

• Time spent:
      20d 10h 51m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm no expert but I feel like some of the interview is missing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:38 PM #3

Volta
Veteran

Volta

• Time spent:
      56d 11m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah. Can't help but feel like @ Saint Lucia and I are being filtered here? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:41 PM #4

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards
Glad you'll be taking over the newspaper.
Posted Image

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:43 PM #5

uTorrent
Super Donator

uTorrent

• Time spent:
      164d 17h 18m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I am requesting @ Otto to post the full interview. 

OT: Thanks for continuing the alora newspaper!

Posted Image

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:58 PM #6

O T T O
Donator

O T T O
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

The full, much requested and anticipated interview has been posted. I urge all readers to contain their excitement!

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:42 PM #7

Zoo
Ironman

Zoo

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 35m 15s

• Total level:

Looks great! Thanks for the post.

Z50WIut.png

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:32 PM #8

Iron Buck
Donator

Iron Buck
Clan: TNG

• Time spent:
      4d 8h 26m 32s

• Total level:

Another Good Read thanks @ Otto

ca4b825190a2a84d8a8aa9f855917901.png

- New Account (Pet Olmlet) -

​Accounts:

​Ironman - Pet Olmlet

​Ex-Main - Iron Buck

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:45 PM #9

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for keeping the news paper going @ Otto , and grats to @ Hex for all the hard work in game, and being helpful in ironmania and the community in general. Thanks to @ Jedzio for also creating a strong foundation for the newspaper, and all the work he put in prior to this taking place.

Glad you interviews @ Saint Lucia and clarified a bit more about who he is as a person, and his previous experiences.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:23 PM #10

Cheez
Banned

Cheez

• Time spent:
      7d 15h 1m 45s

• Total level:
    Awards

once again a nice little read good job, although bit unhappy about the recent bond changes i was going to get legendary :P

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:52 AM #11

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards
Great to see that newspaper is only improving and there are no things missed that should be mentioned, like they were missed in the previous newspapers.
Excellent read and good way to stay updated with things that happen around Alora.

Big congrats to @ Hex ! About time your efforts were valued.

Looking forward to another one in 2 weeks. :P

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:07 AM #12

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm
Clan: The Next Gen

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:
@ Otto, what if you post advertisements unrelated to Alora on the off-topic discussion board thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)