9 replies to this topic

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:10 PM #1

Zoo
Ironman

Zoo

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 35m 15s

• Total level:

I'm suggesting a new gamemode that would make having an ironman more difficult than it is, but not quite as restricted as Ultimate Ironmen is.

Features

• A red ironman symbol.
  • An experience rate of x10 (combat and non-combat skills).
  • A drop rate increase of x1.5.
  • A restriction of 5 lives.
    • Deaths outside of wilderness do count toward death toll.
    • Lives can be purchased from Ironman NPC in Edgeville, initially for 50M and increasing by 25M per life thereafter.
    • Lives could also be purchased for 50 donor tokens for the initial life that then increases by 50 tokens per life purchased thereafter.
    • HCIs are not vulnerable to other gamemode in the wilderness (can only be attacked by other HCI, preventing the sharing of items to other gamemodes).
    • Once the lives are depleted, they would be deranked to regular Ironman and bank would be wiped.
    • Safe minigames/bosses (Jad/PC) do not count toward loss of lives.
  • Duel Arena is disabled for HCI.
  • New hiscores category.
  • Restricted Hardcore Ironman Store in Edgeville.
    • Would only contain tools and the absolute bare-minimum skilling supplies.
  • Bonds would not grant donor status.
    • Only Vote Books could be used on HCI and transfer between gametypes.
  • New HCI Donator Tab in ::store.
    • Crystal Key at 5 tokens.
    • Ring of Wealth (i) for 100 tokens.
    • Mystery Box for 50 tokens.
    • Extra life that increases by 50 tokens per time purchased.
  • Non-Donators can only bank once every 10 minutes.
  • Donators can bank whenever.
  • Super Donators+ have access to unlimited use of ::bank, when not in the wilderness.

Current Donors -- How can I become an HCI?

• To prevent loss of players or interest in the new mode, an NPC could be created to give current players the ability to convert their accounts to the new gamemode if they wish.
    • Account would be wiped of all items, aside from donor status and tokens that accompany their donated amount.
    • Note: Any items purchased or earned in the HCI gamemode are not transferrable to any other gamemode, even if you are deranked.

Accepting community input and will update the above list as it comes.

Thanks for reading,

Zoo

Z50WIut.png

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:17 PM #2

Lucky Day
User

Lucky Day

• Time spent:
      10h 58m 26s

• Total level:

I personally think these kind of ideas were the downfall of Old School. Once you create a specific game mode, you can keep creating more infinitely with edited rules. It's not something that keeps the consistency of trying to remain as close to OSRS as possible. I think it's a fun idea, however I do not support it. 

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:21 PM #3

Zoo
Ironman

Zoo

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 35m 15s

• Total level:

I personally think these kind of ideas were the downfall of Old School. Once you create a specific game mode, you can keep creating more infinitely with edited rules. It's not something that keeps the consistency of trying to remain as close to OSRS as possible. I think it's a fun idea, however I do not support it. 

I agree, but I also think the current experience rates are too fast to promote long-time players and give them the consistency they OSRS provides. This is my reasoning for another gamemode that I feel will increase the amount of time users play, and hopefully the amount of money they spend while playing (afterall, this is a business).

Z50WIut.png

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:35 PM #4

Jaceey
Donator

Jaceey

• Time spent:
      1h 54m 7s

• Total level:

Of course I agree with this, although I'd rather have one life entirely.

• Zoo likes this

11ry5oo.png

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:40 PM #5

Zoo
Ironman

Zoo

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 35m 15s

• Total level:

Of course I agree with this, although I'd rather have one life entirely.

Not a bad idea, but if we don't address a way for @Omicron to cash out on this rather extensive addition to the gamemodes system it's not likely to happen. I don't think $5 is too much to ask, but as more HCI's play and require lives it will quickly add up. On the player side, the wealthier HCIs would also need a way to spend their banked cash so why not insulate their accounts with more lives?

I feel the multiple lives feature would work for both interests.

Z50WIut.png

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:13 PM #6

Error
Veteran

Error

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 5m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

I would love to see hardcore iron-man being added to Alora although I highly disagree with being able to donate for items..that ruins the whole purpose of the hardcore ironman.

Posted Image

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:49 PM #7

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 7h 32m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards
It is a planned update, we're just focusing on any reported bugs at the moment to ensure that there are no false deaths :)

Zoo, on 27 Feb 2017 - 2:40 PM, said:
Not a bad idea, but if we don't address a way for @Omicron to cash out on this rather extensive addition to the gamemodes system it's not likely to happen. I don't think $5 is too much to ask, but as more HCI's play and require lives it will quickly add up. On the player side, the wealthier HCIs would also need a way to spend their banked cash so why not insulate their accounts with more lives?

I feel the multiple lives feature would work for both interests.

We probably won't do anything like this, it'll be one life only and if you die you'll be reverted to a regular ironman (Or UIM? Not sure how OSRS has it). The experience rate will be considerably more difficult than the other game modes as well to make this mode more challenging and show a greater achievement for reaching 99s. There won't be anything like Mystery boxes in the donator shop either, as this mode is meant to be more difficult than other ironman modes.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:25 PM #8

Zoo
Ironman

Zoo

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 35m 15s

• Total level:

It is a planned update, we're just focusing on any reported bugs at the moment to ensure that there are no false deaths :)

We probably won't do anything like this, it'll be one life only and if you die you'll be reverted to a regular ironman (Or UIM? Not sure how OSRS has it). The experience rate will be considerably more difficult than the other game modes as well to make this mode more challenging and show a greater achievement for reaching 99s. There won't be anything like Mystery boxes in the donator shop either, as this mode is meant to be more difficult than other ironman modes.

Will we be able to transfer our current accounts to the new mode if/when this is released?

Z50WIut.png

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:41 PM #9

Riddler
Ultimate Ironman

Riddler
Clan: Ironmania

• Time spent:
      23d 9h 48m 33s

• Total level:

Will we be able to transfer our current accounts to the new mode if/when this is released?

You would be creating a new account.  Just like UIM

wS6Wlke.png

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:21 AM #10

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 7h 32m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)