Saint Lucia
User

Saint Lucia

• Time spent:
      20d 10h 51m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

UP23YWl.png

Hey guys, In light of Otto's recent resignation, I will be taking over the newspaper for the foreseeable future. We've had some game updates recently, as well as many changes to our staff team, a couple new rule updates/additions & some other things. Hope you enjoy the read! 

2prck8x.png

We had quite a few updates on April 1st - including the rare drop prank that surely everyone has seen once or twice by now. Here's some of the updates:

Donator fixes:

The achievement unlock feature on Paul only applies to accounts who have been on Alora for over 10 hours.

This means you'll also have to pay 10m to de-iron if you intend to take advantage of it and play as a normal player.

Donator benefits fixed for players who have it as a secondary rank:

Eg. If you were an Ironman with Uber donator secondary group, you would not be able to purchase black skin, for example, which required Super donator rank.

Raids fixes:

Enemy hitpoint bars would often "flicker" within the Raids dungeon (going back to full randomly), this has been fixed.

Hunting bug fixes:

Long overdue, but better late than never!We've fixed the weird box trap dupe issue, as well as the fact that some box traps would never despawn from the world.Proud to say... No more box traps at home!

Platinum token bug fixed:

If you had more than ~2.1m tokens (2.1b gp) and tried to convert them, you would potentially lose the remainder of your GP over 2.147b.This has been fixed, and the bank booth will only exchange the maximum amount that your inventory can hold.

Rules update:

Thanks to @Jare, our rules have been entirely refreshed! The links have been updated from the shoutbox as well as the ::rules command in-game. Spam him in-game to give him a big thanks for all of the effort he put into redoing them  :)

Staff cmd updates:

Fixed jail command (bug when other player is online -- offline jailing was working normally)

Tempmute command fixed for Server support

Bank fix:

The core bank code contained a bug which didn't count placeholders as "used" bank spaces, meaning if you had a full bank and deposited an item it might not find a place to store it.

& more you can find at : http://www.alora.io/...ge-2#entry66447

Xbo3ull.png

The following rules were added to Alora recently:

13. World Yell

• c. Use of any icon that is deemed salient and/or significant (eg. administrator crown icon, moderator crown icon, server support icon) is strictly prohibited, as it causes commotion and confusion throughout Alora. Failure to follow this rule will result in an indefinite revoking of one's world yell privilege. If the problem sustains, a permanent or IP-Mute can be put into affect.

"Help" CC Rules

1) No buying/selling items

2) Keep it help related, ie; don't speak about off topic things, go to an alternate CC for that.

3) No Advertising clans/personal threads

4) All other in-game rules apply in this CC. 

objTq8d.png

This week their were a few changes we made to our staff team!

Promotions:

Ikta has been repromoted to his original position as Forum Moderator, he was also former Administrator on Alora. 
Twist bows has been promoted to Server Moderator.
Iron Colotic has been promoted to Server Support.

Demotions:

Chiszle has been demoted from server support due to abuse and other reasons that remain amoung the staff team. 
Mystogan - Demoted from server moderator due to inactivity, he is currently busy with his studies and we do not wish that conflicts with Alora. 
3rdage has been demoted from server moderator due to inactivity and unable to meet our quotas. 

Temp Demotion:

Picaluga has been demoted from Server Support due to recent events we are giving him some time, and hopefully all goes well so he can make a swift return.

Resignations:

@Diva has resigned from their forum moderator role. We wish them the best of luck!

Otto has resigned from his administrator duties, he played a huge role in our community and and definitely will be missed. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
If you would like to read more about his resignation please refer to : http://www.alora.io/...os-resignation/

Congrats to those promoted, and best of luck to those gone.

ACU5SD8.png

Hey guys, I'll be interviewing one of our newest Server Moderators, Twist bows

SL -  Hey Twist bows, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. Firstly, tell us a little about yourself?

TB - Well you guys can call me Adam, I've played football most of my High School life, I'm always outgoing & I'm always positive. I'm currently 20 years old, I lived in San Diego, California most my life.

SL - Are you in any sort of education(if so what?) or do you work?

TB - I'm currently in college getting my major in business as I want to open a business some day.

SL - How did you first hear about Alora and what made you decide it was the server for you?

TB - I've heard Alora through one of my in real life friends, and at the time he got me addicted to it because this server had so much to offer, like the community, and how much time has gone into this server for everyone to enjoy it. Everyone on here makes you feel welcome.

SL- You've just recently been promoted to Server Moderator; How do you like it so far? 

TB - Honestly I enjoy it even though I was promoted today on 4/5/17, I get a whole new experience while I'm taking the role of a Server Moderator and I can't wait to further assist our community.  :D

SL - What's your favourite sport to watch(if you watch any)& favourite team?

TB - My favorite sport would have to be Basketball/College Basketball and my favorite basketball team in the NBA would have to be the the cavaliers since my entire family since are Cleveland fans, but my favorite college basketball team would have to go to UCLA.

That concludes the interview, thanks for your time, Twist bows - Best of luck with your new role!

Awards: 

Player of the Month -  The player of the month is going to be given to @Beta Chippy; They will receive 1x Alora Bond. 

Thanks to everyone who read the newspaper - hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions to improve or add to it for the future, please PM me on the forums with your ideas!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:58 PM #2

Mewtwo
Veteran

Mewtwo

• Time spent:
      157d 18h 12m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for posting it, always fun reading the newspaper! :)

Part of Alora's Dream Staff Team

Oldschool Inc.

classic_large.png Classic Mew 1.2/4.6B

hcim.png Death Loc

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:03 PM #3

OceanKid
Super Donator

OceanKid

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 2m 52s

• Total level:

Was waiting for this, very nice promotion, and as always the bug fixes keep on coming.

Nice job, noob!

c6IXDeG.png

youtube.com/oceankid

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:08 PM #4

Crooks
User

Crooks
Clan: CSTEP

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

Hey dude. 

Just a couple of questions for the interview that you said you would take part in.

Your interview will be posted on the paper at the beginning of April.

1) Ragging has now been unbanned, are you happy about that and how did you feel when it was removed?

Tolerating the injustice injunction was volatile to begin with however on the contrary I didn’t care too much about ragging being banned because there are no other raggers/nsers(nonstop) out there that can compete with me, i’m in a division of my own. Having ragging unbanned is good because a lot of this community have a false perception on what ragging is due to the way Staff have worded it over the forums and especially within individual conversations ingame. This led to many many false complaints and reports which is a headache and waste of time to deal with, i’m actually curious to see a ctrl+f of the reports section with the word “ragging” involved in it. While ragging was removed the other option was rushing people whether it was deep wild or edgeville a good amount of people died including those inefficient inferior deep-wild pkers. As for the inevitable future, marauding is still in corollary effect.

2) What are the benefits of ragging for those of us who aren't into the PKING scene? From my point of view, it just makes the game unenjoyable for another player, but would love to see a perspective from someone who participates in the activity.

Most of the people that get ragged by me are asking for it, there is an unspoken language that only exists between two people prior to being ragged - example you want to brag and tell everyone that you’re #1? Okay great but prove it, let’s go [x] amount of hours until you’re not #1 in your mind anymore. Example #2 - You want to talk a bunch of shit to me or people i’m with? Let’s go then. The deep-wild pkers that claim to be the best but cannot rag/ns suffer from inferiority complex the whole “cant be arsed” excuse it’s more of not trusting yourself and having your ego hurt over a game which is laughable. I don’t have an ego over a game and more certainly don’t care about “logging out”, my name is Daily for a reason.

And sure it’s always a variable that if someone is talking shit that oh hey you could go tell a staff member etc, etc but most of the time doing things yourself is 100x more fun even if it makes you look like the bad guy 100x of the time.

But to answer your question the benefits of ragging is to put people in their places. I bet you people that have been punched in the face wouldn’t want to be punched in the face ever again, same logic applies here.

3) What changes to the Wilderness would you like to see?

No changes that i’d like to see however I believe the addition of battle royale made the already non-existent pking community even worse. There is so already so many substitutes and alternatives for Player VS Player combat; duel arena, cw, fight caves, ffa, wilderness events. It just doesn’t make sense to add it in for a staff team that wants a PKing community.

4) Is there any other activities ingame you enjoy other than pking?

I actually enjoy leveling up new accounts to max combat stats, I have about 24 or so accounts that are maxed combat stats even though they’ll never be used productively.

I don’t participate in any of the ingame events because I don’t think it’s a good way of treating the economy so i attempt to deject myself from anything of that nature - though i could understand why it is enjoyable for some people they’re just way too frequent.

5) How did you find out about Alora?

Throughout every server i’ve played i’ve been an “issue” and i don’t enjoy playing spawn servers at all so this was a good choice for me and i’ve seen a few people i recognized on the way here.

#cstep doesn’t lose.

Thanks man.

since my interview was thrown away @Otto @Saint Lucia @Twist bows

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:29 PM #5

Chance
Donator

Chance
Clan: Boop

• Time spent:
      78d 12h 39m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yay, another good read! :D

Grats to all the promotions, sad to see some of the old staff resign :( Best of luck to all of them!

Twist bows for a good interview!

Grats to Beta Chippy for being POTM!

qYbeEEa.png

| My Profile | My Hiscores | Vote | Knowledge Base |

| Player Report | Bug Report | Support | Appeals | Updates |

| Price Guide |

| Bonus Skill Schedule |

| I carry's EIM Duo Thread |

Past Signatures!

Spoiler

Only Accounts:

Chance - Main

Wisteria - Classic Mode

I carry him - Elite Ironman

Endless spoilers

Spoiler

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:53 PM #6

Beta Chippy
Legendary Donator

Beta Chippy
Clan: TNG

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 8m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for the prestigious player of the month award! I've had a lot of fun over the past month,and will continue on my journey to comp cape!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:00 AM #7

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Awesome read, as usual! Awaited for the latest edition. Congrats on the POTW! Neat interview, too.

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:29 PM #8

Error
Veteran

Error

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 5m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

You were given a short notice to do this newspaper and you still managed to produce an impressive newspaper, good job.

Posted Image

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:57 PM #9

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm
Clan: The Next Gen

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:
Twist Bows got promoted to server moderator....-.- Great, this has to be the worst day of my life.

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:26 AM #10

F 8
Ex-Staff

F 8

• Time spent:
      180d 20h 10m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Awesome newspaper, thanks for babe Saint Lucia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:10 AM #11

maunda LULZ
Hardcore Ironman

maunda LULZ

• Total level:

Thanks for the newspaper, grats to all promoted.

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:57 AM #12

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Great newspaper, kinda late but didn't see it yet :]
Gz on bond @Beta Chippy and nice interview @Twist bows.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:28 PM #13

Dej
User

Dej

• Time spent:
      16d 17h 22m 24s

• Total level:

Good job on the paper, will Otto be re-taking it back over since he is back on the team?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:42 PM #14

HC Targaryen
User

HC Targaryen

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 49m 13s

• Total level:

Good luck to those 2 who got promoted

tumblr_n5ub3uQR5G1tpjql9o1_500.gif

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:43 PM #15

LADS13740
User

LADS13740

• Time spent:
      1d 3h 57m 38s

• Total level:

this is bad bro we want otto back .. Stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)