32 replies to this topic

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:14 PM #1

Iron Divine
Ex-Staff

Iron Divine

• Time spent:
      22d 20h 33m 53s

• Total level:

Ok ok... It's all good that Zulrah got buffed, and it takes twice as long to kill it and everything.... But seriously, i believe i can get "most" ironmen behind me to say that considering the food we use to get some useless skilling drops that has no use to us at all on this server makes it not worth at all going zulrah, except camping for those unique drops, which again has over a whooping 400 drop rate per item.

We use over a full inv of food, which we ourselves have to catch on our own, spending our time on it, only to get skilling supplies which have no use here... Grapes/Snakeskin/Flax/Tar/Calquat seed AND even more! 

If you decide to buff zulrah, please make it worth to us ironmen to actually do it...

Posted Image

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:28 PM #2

Iron Blood20
Ironman

Iron Blood20

• Time spent:
      2d 15h 41m 2s

• Total level:

totally support this.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:30 PM #3

Grind uim
Ultimate Ironman

Grind uim

• Total level:

Short answer is support.

Long answer: Zulrah before her pattern update was too easy, plain and simple.  This update was entirely necessary; needing to grind for food as an iron to kill zulrah is entirely justified.  That's a necessary grind that we have to make in order to get to zulrah and I would never change that.

I think there is also something to be said for the fact that zulrah does still drop plenty of useful skilling supplies, especially in the case of an iron/uim/hc.  I do still think, however, zulrah is definitely worth doing as an ironman recent patch considered.

Rather than adding to zulrah drop table, I would suggest either only removing some of these (currently) unnecessary items, or consider making a use for them i.e. making wines, calquat patch in tai bwo village, etc.  This way we aren't adding a huge amount of wealth to regular accounts doing zulrah all at once, but rather making her current skilling drops more valuable and more plentiful in the case of removing a few.

If we do this (and even keep a few of the drops that may not have a use) then that will make sure not every kill is a valuable drop which would make zulrah op.  At the same time, this would make some drops that are useful just a little more common to give a little nudge to the incentive of killing zulrah and make the food grind for zulrah worthwhile.  I believe this would create a happy medium to where you sometimes get only scales/an item not worth much, a useful skilling drop or a very rare unique item like bp.  It would be a gamble for drops that this new zulrah is actually worthy of.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:32 PM #4

L E O N
User

L E O N

• Time spent:
      1d 10h 10m 13s

• Total level:
NO SUPPORT

If you are using an entire inv of food doing zulrah please go get better gear n strategy. I'm a hcim and its worse for me cause I can't get 99 range in an hour like you guys.
80% of zulrah drops are useful for irons. Just get better gear and your fine. I eat 3 to 4x per the new updated zulrah

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:36 PM #5

Iron Divine
Ex-Staff

Iron Divine

• Time spent:
      22d 20h 33m 53s

• Total level:

NO SUPPORT

If you are using an entire inv of food doing zulrah please go get better gear n strategy. I'm a hcim and its worse for me cause I can't get 99 range in an hour like you guys.
80% of zulrah drops are useful for irons. Just get better gear and your fine. I eat 3 to 4x per the new updated zulrah

How come? Even tho Ironman and HC Ironman are supposed to make a private server somewhat difficult, its not supposed to be as hard as on OSRS, thats the whole reason to why people play RSPS, because of these custom "settings". If i wanted Zulrah to be just as hard as on OSRS, i would kill it on OSRS. 

Posted Image

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:45 PM #6

Grind uim
Ultimate Ironman

Grind uim

• Total level:

NO SUPPORT

While I do agree that zulrah needed a buff, I strongly disagree that 80% of her drops are useful to us.  Her less useful items combined with how common you can receive only scales per kill in comparison to how long a kill takes doesn't really make sense.  Hard zulrah needs to stay, but a little nudge to her droprate of actually useful skilling items I feel is entirely necessary.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:18 PM #7

Iron Bastard
User

Iron Bastard
Clan: Ironman Og

• Time spent:
      6d 8h 47m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

My Grape and coconut collection says otherwise to 80% being useful drops. 

EIM:Exmark

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:02 PM #8

Jewlion
Banned

Jewlion

Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 26m 15s

• Total level:

How come? Even tho Ironman and HC Ironman are supposed to make a private server somewhat difficult, its not supposed to be as hard as on OSRS, thats the whole reason to why people play RSPS, because of these custom "settings". If i wanted Zulrah to be just as hard as on OSRS, i would kill it on OSRS. 

It's nowhere as hard as RS. You have x30 EXP rates, you can max out nearly as quickly as a regular player. And being maxed out and heading to Zulrah, using appropriate strategy will yield no issues of using full inventories of food.

Why should they make bosses easier than OSRS? The purpose is to allow you to skill/max out as quickly as possible so you can participate in the fun PvM content that OSRS offers without the grind OSRS requires... Nowhere does it say bosses are supposed to be easier on private servers.

Hc Dc put it correctly, if you need a full inventory of food for Zulrah, up your PvM game by practicing on other bosses first... maybe with a team in GWD. 

The issue with the difficulty of defeating Zulrah is more of a personal one, but the drops should either be made applicable to skills or removed entirely. I can support that.

243g3o3.jpg

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:04 AM #9

Dead to Dc
User

Dead to Dc

• Time spent:
      4d 20h 59m 30s

• Total level:

*YAWN* sorry but no support, As an ironman you're not asked to go bossing, yes if you want good gear you can, it's not mandatory there for it should be a grind so you don't have my support on this, I'm a hardcore and use void i did 10 kills with 25 sharks so it's not hard just mix up your gear etc.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:53 AM #10

Ruf
User

Ruf

• Time spent:
      15d 11h 47m 58s

• Total level:

Okay, well going off what UIM grind said.... YES YES YES. No one can argue that there needs to be changes to the Zulrah drop table (and if you disagree you're wrong). Just make it so that all those Zulrah drops are either given use in game or removed. Zulrah is meant to be an iron man's best friend with those skilling supplies. 

Posted Image

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:48 AM #11

Trakas
Super Donator

Trakas

• Time spent:
      21h 43m 42s

• Total level:

100% support! it would be all good with it if zulrah would hit weaker trough prayers.. its like you come for it and you use whole inv of sharks..

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:33 AM #12

Iron Divine
Ex-Staff

Iron Divine

• Time spent:
      22d 20h 33m 53s

• Total level:

Thanks for all the feedback.. I can agree in a deegree that its supposed to be hard, but then again it has to be worth it. I haven't said anything about nerfs, only that for the supplies we use for the kills, its not really worth it considering u mostly get junk or only scale drop.. 

As long as the drop tables gets reworked, im very happy. 

Posted Image

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:37 AM #13

Jewlion
Banned

Jewlion

Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 26m 15s

• Total level:

Thanks for all the feedback.. I can agree in a deegree that its supposed to be hard, but then again it has to be worth it. I haven't said anything about nerfs, only that for the supplies we use for the kills, its not really worth it considering u mostly get junk or only scale drop.. 
As long as the drop tables gets reworked, im very happy.

I don't think anyone can argue against a rework for a completely (even mostly) usable set of drops. ^_^ Even us normies.

243g3o3.jpg

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:15 PM #14

Machine Head
User

Machine Head

• Time spent:
      5h 13m 47s

• Total level:

Why did you choose to play Ironman mode if you was gunna get upset over been self-sufficient? 

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:18 PM #15

Seel
Super Donator

Seel

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 5m 59s

• Total level:

No support. I think a better suggestion would be to tweak the drop table to provide useful drops. While I personally find a majority of the drops useful to some regard for skilling or making money, I do believe there are a few that could be changed to something better. 

jfv2gh.png

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:22 PM #16

Grind uim
Ultimate Ironman

Grind uim

• Total level:

No support. I think a better suggestion would be to tweak the drop table to provide useful drops. While I personally find a majority of the drops useful to some regard for skilling or making money, I do believe there are a few that could be changed to something better. 

That was his suggestion ultimately was to tweak drop tables to help them make a little more sense now that zulrah is comparably harder to do.  :)

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:25 PM #17

Seel
Super Donator

Seel

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 5m 59s

• Total level:

That was his suggestion ultimately was to tweak drop tables to help them make a little more sense now that zulrah is comparably harder to do.   :)

I guess I misinterpreted it. I thought he was suggesting that drop rates be adjusted, which is something I wouldn't support. If it's tweaking the drop table to provide for more worthy drops then I full on support this. 

jfv2gh.png

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:26 PM #18

BDSM
Hardcore Ironman

BDSM
Clan: Hardcore

• Time spent:
      19h 4m 28s

• Total level:

i like the fact zulrah is some what harder, it means noobs arent just going to grind it all day thinking there boss and ruining the ECO as lets face it zulrah was way too easy and fast to kill which inturn ruined the eco as there would be like 10 maybe more tanzinite fangs a day not to mention the serps, fangs and onyx's.
if anything in my opinion it should be more like OSRS, they mentioned in the update its now got the correct rotations... but still you cant protect properly against its hits (which does need fixing)  and they should have it so you can actually pray switch against the jad phase, it will probably piss people off because they actually dont know how to zulrah properly but at the end of the day GIT GUD

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:29 PM #19

Iron Divine
Ex-Staff

Iron Divine

• Time spent:
      22d 20h 33m 53s

• Total level:

Why did you choose to play Ironman mode if you was gunna get upset over been self-sufficient? 

Whos saying im getting upset? I've been doing a lot of zulrah today, where a lot of the drops i get Mahogany planks, Coconut, grapes or only scale drops. how is that worth if you think time spent fishing/cooking, pots etc etc? I just want the loot to be satisfying, which it isnt right now with the buffs that Zulrah got. 

i like the fact zulrah is some what harder, it means noobs arent just going to grind it all day thinking there boss and ruining the ECO as lets face it zulrah was way too easy and fast to kill which inturn ruined the eco as there would be like 10 maybe more tanzinite fangs a day not to mention the serps, fangs and onyx's.
if anything in my opinion it should be more like OSRS, they mentioned in the update its now got the correct rotations... but still you cant protect properly against its hits (which does need fixing)  and they should have it so you can actually pray switch against the jad phase, it will probably piss people off because they actually dont know how to zulrah properly but at the end of the day GIT GUD

Totally agree with you, i like it being harder, and have no problem with it at all, the only thing is tweaking the drop tables... 

Posted Image

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:32 PM #20

BDSM
Hardcore Ironman

BDSM
Clan: Hardcore

• Time spent:
      19h 4m 28s

• Total level:

Whos saying im getting upset? I've been doing a lot of zulrah today, where a lot of the drops i get Mahogany planks, Coconut, grapes or only scale drops. how is that worth if you think time spent fishing/cooking, pots etc etc? I just want the loot to be satisfying, which it isnt right now with the buffs that Zulrah got. 

Totally agree with you, i like it being harder, and have no problem with it at all, the only thing is tweaking the drop tables... 

the only thing about the drops that kinda needs sorting out is the fact you can literally go 10 kills with only receiving zulrah scales, which  is really lame...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 12 user(s)