21 replies to this topic

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:52 AM #1

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

So as someone whomst'd've creates a ton of different account builds and whatnot, I've noticed a shortage of usernames. I think there should be a thread where someone requests a name and if that account has made little to no progress in like x amount of time, it should be released. 

thx 4 read cya

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:53 AM #2

Flipper
User

Flipper
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      57d 19h 25m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

How long would x amount of time be?

If someone is busy irl or wants to take a break, they shouldn't have to come back to find out they no longer have a username. 

Eh :/ No support

flip2.png

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:55 AM #3

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

How long would x amount of time be?

If someone is busy irl or wants to take a break, they shouldn't have to come back to find out they no longer have a username. 

Eh :/ No support

Okay let's say an account was created in like the first month of the server being released and it has like 47 thieving.

I don't think there's a chance of that person coming back.

If the person has like ~1000 total then I think they should be protected.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:17 AM #4

Bible
User

Bible

Clan: #frogsquad

• Time spent:
      11d 22h 31m 37s

• Total level:
Fully support this.. so many names that are taken that aren't active that i want!!! :@

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:44 AM #5

Mic
Donator

Mic

• Total level:

I do not support only because I'm enlisted in the military there may be a chance i cant get on for about 6 months? or maybe longer but would love to play again as soon as i can.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:44 AM #6

Crooks
User

Crooks
Clan: CSTEP

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

sounds like a waste of time

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:01 PM #7

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

I do not support only because I'm enlisted in the military there may be a chance i cant get on for about 6 months? or maybe longer but would love to play again as soon as i can.

Again, you're a donor and whatnot, I feel like you should be protected regardless of whether or not someone wants your name.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:18 PM #8

OliviaPope
Donator

OliviaPope

• Time spent:
      22h 9m 28s

• Total level:
Nah I don't agree , find a diffrent name . You shouldn't be able to take somebody else's username because that can result in people impersonating ex staff or known players that may have decided to quit . Just think of a new one lol.

2uhlq8h.png

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:16 PM #9

Biio
Donator

Biio

• Time spent:
      1d 18h 7m 36s

• Total level:

Nah I don't agree , find a diffrent name . You shouldn't be able to take somebody else's username because that can result in people impersonating ex staff or known players that may have decided to quit . Just think of a new one lol.

im not taking shots here or anything, but if you would read the post, he clearly states that if it's a brand new account or an account that has been created when the server started and hasn't been logged in since. which means these are the accounts that the names would be released to the community to even purchase. obviously not for example jare or someone that is maxed out. he's saying NEW members that have decided to not log back in.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:21 PM #10

Chance
Donator

Chance
Clan: Boop

• Time spent:
      78d 12h 39m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hmm...neutral. Really can't make up my mind on this tbh. I know you said for an example, if the person made the account when server first came out and ONLY had 47 thieving and so on. Then you could take there name. I guess you could say, "Hey guys, I'm leaving for awhile have no idea when I'll be coming back maybe in the next couple of months. Please have my name protected." If this was a thing, then I guess you could say that? I don't know how it would play out with so many other players.

You can just disappear one day and couple months later be like hey I remember playing this server, try to log in and know that your accounts gone. Like the old saying goes. You snooze, you lose. : /

qYbeEEa.png

| My Profile | My Hiscores | Vote | Knowledge Base |

| Player Report | Bug Report | Support | Appeals | Updates |

| Price Guide |

| Bonus Skill Schedule |

| I carry's EIM Duo Thread |

Past Signatures!

Spoiler

Only Accounts:

Chance - Main

Wisteria - Classic Mode

I carry him - Elite Ironman

Endless spoilers

Spoiler

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:19 PM #11

Stephanie
Elite Ironman

Stephanie

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 33m 42s

• Total level:

Absolutely not. That's not fair to the older players. How is it their fault that you either joined the game late (so you have less variety of names) or that they don't have much progress in the game? That makes absolutely zero sense. You don't know why people don't have much progress in game it could be a number of reasons like: loss access to a computer, personal reasons, hiatus, etc. It would be unfair to those who quit, but decide to come back and come to find out their account has been given to someone else just because they have been inactive. Completely unfair.

No support - you shouldn't be able to do this. It's always been first come first serve in the RSPS communities and it shouldn't change now. 

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:20 PM #12

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

It's just an idea. There's a shortage of names and it's keeping new players from getting the names they desire.

No reason there should be a maxed "Zamorak283" or whatever if "Zamorak" never played to begin with. There's a reason JamFlex releases their names every couple of years.

Absolutely not. That's not fair to the older players. How is it their fault that you either joined the game late (so you have less variety of names) or that they don't have much progress in the game? That makes absolutely zero sense. You don't know why people don't have much progress in game it could be a number of reasons like: loss access to a computer, personal reasons, hiatus, etc. It would be unfair to those who quit, but decide to come back and come to find out their account has been given to someone else just because they have been inactive. Completely unfair.

No support - you shouldn't be able to do this. It's always been first come first serve in the RSPS communities and it shouldn't change now. 

Learn to read bud, it's for the name hoarders/random people that played for 30 seconds.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:23 PM #13

Stephanie
Elite Ironman

Stephanie

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 33m 42s

• Total level:

It's just an idea. There's a shortage of names and it's keeping new players from getting the names they desire.

No reason there should be a maxed "Zamorak283" or whatever if "Zamorak" never played to begin with. There's a reason JamFlex releases their names every couple of years.

Learn to read bud, it's for the name hoarders/random people that played for 30 seconds.

Doesn't matter. Name hoarding has been apart of every game for years - like I said before FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. 

ps. your initial post doesn't have much substance other than x this x that so keep the sass down

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:15 PM #14

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

Doesn't matter. Name hoarding has been apart of every game for years - like I said before FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. 

ps. your initial post doesn't have much substance other than x this x that so keep the sass down

Lol it has been a part of runescape, but jagex fixed that by releasing names.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:29 PM #15

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Need to put a lot more thought into the concept..

The server is young, people will still come back.

What makes for someone's name to be released? 

And there is definitely no shortage of names, maybe a shortage in the imagination of the creator. What is a name anyway, just play the game(?) what relevance does a mediocre, repetitive name have?

Let's be pragmatic.

This will never happen - there is far more beneficial content to be worked upon, developed and implemented and this certainly does not make the cut.

Sorry - and I feel I speak for a lot of people too. 

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:27 PM #16

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

And there is definitely no shortage of names, maybe a shortage in the imagination of the creator. What is a name anyway, just play the game(?) what relevance does a mediocre, repetitive name have?

Let's be pragmatic.

This will never happen - there is far more beneficial content to be worked upon, developed and implemented and this certainly does not make the cut.

If I had a shit name I wouldn't play.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:54 PM #17

OliviaPope
Donator

OliviaPope

• Time spent:
      22h 9m 28s

• Total level:

im not taking shots here or anything, but if you would read the post, he clearly states that if it's a brand new account or an account that has been created when the server started and hasn't been logged in since. which means these are the accounts that the names would be released to the community to even purchase. obviously not for example jare or someone that is maxed out. he's saying NEW members that have decided to not log back in.

W0t m8 ? I read the comments after I responded to the original thread . If that was his idea he should have posted it into the original thread.
Also members are not staff so they shouldn't have to worry about the time that they play . If I joined this server today and quit the same day and decided to come back 6 months later I want the right to my name that I created. It's not hard just pick another name. And I'm also not the only one who disagrees with this idea so next time make sure you address everybody else as well . "I'm not throwing shots either"

Let's be pragmatic.

Yup I agree. Take my two friends "Daryl" and "chad" for example , two extremely common names but neither one was taken . It's not a bad idea just way to early to even consider this . Server isn't even a year old yet

2uhlq8h.png

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:58 AM #18

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

If I had a shit name I wouldn't play.

I guess that is personal preference, what if someone else thinks your name right now is rubbish?

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:05 PM #19

Not yak
User

Not yak

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 14m 1s

• Total level:

I guess that is personal preference, what if someone else thinks your name right now is rubbish?

i have yak, not yak, pack yak. That's not the point here.

hOjv0Fs.png

baroo baroo!

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:57 PM #20

Bible
User

Bible

Clan: #frogsquad

• Time spent:
      11d 22h 31m 37s

• Total level:

This can easily be regulated through time gone/total level... honestly.. this is a must :c 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)