10 replies to this topic

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:38 PM #1

Resent
User

Resent

• Time spent:
      11h 14m 25s

• Total level:

So in my short time here at Alora, I've come to learn a lot about both the game and the community. With that being said, there are a few things I would like to address. 

It is evident that Alora is one of the most well rounded servers out at the moment. No, I'm not sucking up; it's the truth and the success of this project thus far speaks for itself. The content is unique, while keeping the originality of Old School Runescape. I for one, dislike customs, and the development does an excellent job with creating new content without leaving the roots of the base game, not to mention being the only server with the latest OSRS models including, but not limited to, Raids and the Inferno. This is something many development teams struggle with doing, so I commend Omicron and Blank for being able to do so.

In my short time here, a few things have come to mind that I would like to suggest. Keep in mind, I'm a new player and the following suggestions are based off of my first impressions. Feel free to add input as to why certain things are the way they are, and why they should stay that way. 

1.) Slightly Lowering XP Rates: XP rates seem a little quick, and I've heard of a few players complaining about getting bored because of how quick they were able to max out their accounts. Now I'm not here to complain, as I'm sure some things are set a certain way for a reason, but with combat rates being x325, I was able to achieve max combat within a matter of 2-3 hours (Mage took 15 minutes with alching, granting about 25k xp per alch, but I'm not sure if there may have been any bonus XP events going on at the time). Of course I understand that a large part of the private server motive is to be able to achieve higher skills/levels much faster than the average pace of Runescape, but at this rate I feel as if achieving these stats were more of a nuisance rather than an achievement. Lowering XP rates slightly, not drastically, would create much more of a variety of combat levels within the community, and with a playerbase as large as Alora's, I feel as if this would have a positive impact on the game, as well as give players something else to work for.

2.) Reducing The Rewards From Thieving: I'm sorry, I promise I'm not here to recommend everything should be nerfed, and believe me there is a method behind my thought process, as I only want what's best for the future of the community. A full inventory of thieving takes 1min 30sec and yields 270k of profit with a cash stack in the first slot, assuming the player has 90 thieving which really only take about a half hour (back to my first suggestion) which constitutes to approximately 10.8m per hour. Taking into account all of the players that are starting off thieving to make money, that's a lot of GP being introduced into the game in a very short period of time. With that being said, the Well of Goodwill is an excellent addition to give players an incentive to donate some of their GP in order to prevent inflation from harming the economy. If thieving rewards were reduced slightly, I believe that this would be less of a concern to the economy.

So to sum it all up, to the development team, keep up the great work I'm having a great time playing. To the community, feedback on my suggestions and feedback on my feedback (does that make any sense?) would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony/Resent

is-this-legal-absolutely-not-leonardo-di

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:27 AM #2

Likemyy
User

Likemyy

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 13m 42s

• Total level:

With all due respect Resent,

Exp rates are fine, if you disagree you should quit your regular account and start a Iron or Hardcore Ironman
10,8m an hour is one of the vew constant money makers in the game, y take that away?

I disagee with all your points, sorry.

Thank you for thinking along so early on though.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:51 AM #3

Resent
User

Resent

• Time spent:
      11h 14m 25s

• Total level:

With all due respect Resent,

Exp rates are fine, if you disagree you should quit your regular account and start a Iron or Hardcore Ironman
10,8m an hour is one of the vew constant money makers in the game, y take that away?

I disagee with all your points, sorry.

Thank you for thinking along so early on though.

Thanks for your feedback! I understand ironman accounts offer slower XP rates, but I personally believe that the XP rate gap between ironmen and normal accounts is simply too large. As for thieving, I think it offers way too much reward as I've often heard players state that its pointless to participate in other skills or slayer because the rewards often don't compare to that of thieving. I'm not arguing that it's a consistent moneymaker, but I believe that offering players 10.8m per hour after 30mins of thieving seems like too much, too quick. I'm glad we are able to come to terms to agree to disagree.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:28 AM #4

Hate You
Super Donator

Hate You

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 24m 6s

• Total level:

Thanks for your feedback! I understand ironman accounts offer slower XP rates, but I personally believe that the XP rate gap between ironmen and normal accounts is simply too large. As for thieving, I think it offers way too much reward as I've often heard players state that its pointless to participate in other skills or slayer because the rewards often don't compare to that of thieving. I'm not arguing that it's a consistent moneymaker, but I believe that offering players 10.8m per hour after 30mins of thieving seems like too much, too quick. I'm glad we are able to come to terms to agree to disagree.

Whilst I may not agree with the experience rate issue you mentioned, I do agree with the amount of money that comes from thieving is a bit much. It's quite early in the day and i've just checked the thieving area and I've seen around 7 people on the Gem Stall, which turns into 70M between them, with 3 or 4 more levelling up to get to the gem stall.

Because of how fast the money can be earned here, as you said "I've often heard other players state that it's pointless to participate in other skills or slayer because the rewards often don't compare to that of thieving", which means that players will often sit here all day and make around 100M without even trying, bit of a shame really. 

This is one of the reasons I think we need more beneficial money sinks in the game, such as the Well of Goodwill.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30577-1411570415-20

2iastqu.jpg

Signature Credits to; @Hot Cakes

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:36 AM #5

Gatsby
Legendary Donator

Gatsby
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 3h 31m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

So in my short time here at Alora, I've come to learn a lot about both the game and the community. With that being said, there are a few things I would like to address. 

It is evident that Alora is one of the most well rounded servers out at the moment. No, I'm not sucking up; it's the truth and the success of this project thus far speaks for itself. The content is unique, while keeping the originality of Old School Runescape. I for one, dislike customs, and the development does an excellent job with creating new content without leaving the roots of the base game, not to mention being the only server with the latest OSRS models including, but not limited to, Raids and the Inferno. This is something many development teams struggle with doing, so I commend Omicron and Blank for being able to do so.

In my short time here, a few things have come to mind that I would like to suggest. Keep in mind, I'm a new player and the following suggestions are based off of my first impressions. Feel free to add input as to why certain things are the way they are, and why they should stay that way. 

1.) Slightly Lowering XP Rates: XP rates seem a little quick, and I've heard of a few players complaining about getting bored because of how quick they were able to max out their accounts. Now I'm not here to complain, as I'm sure some things are set a certain way for a reason, but with combat rates being x325, I was able to achieve max combat within a matter of 2-3 hours (Mage took 15 minutes with alching, granting about 25k xp per alch, but I'm not sure if there may have been any bonus XP events going on at the time). Of course I understand that a large part of the private server motive is to be able to achieve higher skills/levels much faster than the average pace of Runescape, but at this rate I feel as if achieving these stats were more of a nuisance rather than an achievement. Lowering XP rates slightly, not drastically, would create much more of a variety of combat levels within the community, and with a playerbase as large as Alora's, I feel as if this would have a positive impact on the game, as well as give players something else to work for.

2.) Reducing The Rewards From Thieving: I'm sorry, I promise I'm not here to recommend everything should be nerfed, and believe me there is a method behind my thought process, as I only want what's best for the future of the community. A full inventory of thieving takes 1min 30sec and yields 270k of profit with a cash stack in the first slot, assuming the player has 90 thieving which really only take about a half hour (back to my first suggestion) which constitutes to approximately 10.8m per hour. Taking into account all of the players that are starting off thieving to make money, that's a lot of GP being introduced into the game in a very short period of time. With that being said, the Well of Goodwill is an excellent addition to give players an incentive to donate some of their GP in order to prevent inflation from harming the economy. If thieving rewards were reduced slightly, I believe that this would be less of a concern to the economy.

So to sum it all up, to the development team, keep up the great work I'm having a great time playing. To the community, feedback on my suggestions and feedback on my feedback (does that make any sense?) would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony/Resent

It's great that you're enjoying the server! I however think XP rates are fine as they are and the money from thieving is always a constant, making it a great rebuilding technique. 

Posted Image

Graphics Section

Need work done? Send me a private message on Discord: gatsby#7852

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:39 AM #6

Harmonic
User

Harmonic

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 19m 26s

• Total level:

Could make it so you don't receive the item that you sell EVERY time you thieve, effectively reducing the money coming in by a decent chunk.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:26 AM #7

Veteran

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey, glad to see that you have been enjoying the server, however I disagree with both of your points and/or suggestions.

I quite like the way it's easy to level up, it doesn't take too long and if you're a competitive skiller, the exp rates slow down after 99 anyways. It also gives pkers the opportunity to level up their combat in no time and get straight into action. 

As for thieving, it's one of the only skills to actually give any sort of profit for skilling, it's also pretty click intensive so if you manage to constantly click for an hour, or even a few hours, you deserve the cash. It also gives players which start a little bit of starting cash to get them going. However, I do think we should have a money sink, because if we don't then everyone will have a lot of cash and nobody will want it, and then items will rise up into billions.

Once again, welcome to Alora and I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:26 AM #8

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Welcome to the server - glad you decided to join the forums and give some constructive feedback.

I'd love to think there would be a couple more XP rate gamemodes implemented in the future but not too sure on the reality of it.

Thieving is fine because after a while - it only becomes a money maker to those people who have nothing to begin with. As far as I know people don't just make all of their money from thieving so it provides a good boost to starters in the game. 

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:42 AM #9

Ny x
Super Donator

Ny x

• Time spent:
      2d 12h 8m 38s

• Total level:

Hey, glad to see that you have been enjoying the server, however I disagree with both of your points and/or suggestions.

I quite like the way it's easy to level up, it doesn't take too long and if you're a competitive skiller, the exp rates slow down after 99 anyways. It also gives pkers the opportunity to level up their combat in no time and get straight into action. 

As for thieving, it's one of the only skills to actually give any sort of profit for skilling, it's also pretty click intensive so if you manage to constantly click for an hour, or even a few hours, you deserve the cash. It also gives players which start a little bit of starting cash to get them going. However, I do think we should have a money sink, because if we don't then everyone will have a lot of cash and nobody will want it, and then items will rise up into billions.

Once again, welcome to Alora and I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

I have to agree with this opinion. In an RSPS, it's very important to have your combat experience be very high. This allows for players that enjoy PK'ing to get into the action fairly quickly, with instant gratification of stats.

As for the thieving, I could not agree more they deserve the cash. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes then click that stall for hours.

tumblr_nnovnqVx6M1sfi0qeo1_500.gif

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.

Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:25 PM #10

Resent
User

Resent

• Time spent:
      11h 14m 25s

• Total level:

To be quite honest, I wasn't expecting an overwhelming amount of support for things to stay the way there are, but if the community is satisfied with the way things are, I'd say don't fix what's broken. As a closing statement to elaborate a bit more on the second suggestion, as someone who deals with economics on a daily basis, I understand the fundamental principles upon which inflation is based off of, and in my lifetime I've seen many economy servers fall over time because of this. Monetary sinks are a good start to begin minimizing inflation, but if the playerbase is receiving a substantial amount of money from thieving as quick as they are, we're going to need to find something that can drastically remove the amount of wealth that is flowing through the game, and as the playerbase increases it's only going to become more of a concern. Also, just to be clear, I'm not arguing that thieving is a great way for a consistent source of money, but I simply believe it is too rewarding, too quickly. I was shocked by the amount of players in this thread that justified clicking in one place for hours on end (something that could be easily macro'd/auto-clicked) as something that should be rewarding when other skills that require much more effort to be put in, reward little or nothing. At that point, what is the motive to train other skills other than to just achieve the 99 if the skills don't have an impact on financial gain or benefit the player in any way? Just a thought, thanks everyone for the feedback.  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:10 PM #11

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)