9 replies to this topic

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:54 PM #1

Doz
Extreme Donator

Doz

• Time spent:
      4d 23h 54m 15s

• Total level:
As a precursor, please forgive me if some of these have been mentioned already.
After spending a bit of time in the help cc, I noticed a few recurring issues that could be touched up on.

General:
-Remove dark totem items until they serve a purpose
-Somehow, make the process of getting a dragon defender from warriors guild a bit more transparent. I personally spent a lot of time killing cyclops without a rune defender. Maybe a message that stops you at the third floor door if you haven't already purchased a rune defender.
-Indicate that a player will not lose his/her items at the RFD quest
-Move the wise old man closer to Edgeville general store
-Perhaps a monster teleport for red dragons
-On clicking "XP Locked: True/False" in the player tab, give a bit more info about where the combat master is at home rather than just "home":

AbrmdEnDTiiSCc50S5-fPA.png

Chat:
-Remove some of global yells (Player has received: 1x Item) for the near worthless drops, such as leaf-bladed, mist battlestaff, dragon platelegs & plateskirt, among others
-Remove global yells for combat skills reaching 99

Trading Post:
-When clicking an item to list, immediately bring up the input dialogue that asks: "How much would you like to sell each item for?"

Slayer Master:
-Ability to get a new assignment from the slayer interface. It feels kind of unintuitive that I can cancel a slayer task and have the interface open, but then to receive a new one, you have to exit the interface.
-Selling ensouled heads somewhere within the slayer interface, perhaps a button within the rewards tab.
-The actions in the right-click menu of the slayer master of "Trade" and "Rewards" serve the same purpose in bringing up the interface. In addition to this, one of the options in her dialogue when you select "Talk-to" will also bring up the slayer interface.

I would like to suggest that right-click menu options of "Trade" and "Rewards" could be removed and selecting talk-to would immediately bring up the interface.
Assignment could still serve the same purpose in quickly giving an assignment shown in the dialogue box.

ACVnCuk8RniWzjFJXicn3Q.png
sZK1rq3aSSuCS7qXzMXYpA.png

If "Exchange heads" cannot fit in the top-right button, then I believe it should be moved somewhere within the rewards tab and that the new assignment action can be done where it says "None" (under current assignment) for the sake of symmetry.

Thank you for reading,
Doz

DjbXQH5.png

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:03 PM #2

King
Ex-Staff

King

• Time spent:
      32d 1h 5m 33s

• Total level:
    Awards

Definitely support, these seem like quality ideas. I like the new task idea/exchange heads idea to be added into the slayer npc's task tab. Good job on these suggestions  ;) .

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:11 PM #3

Mewtwo
Veteran

Mewtwo

• Time spent:
      157d 20h 10m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Most of these suggestions the community been fighting a long time for and always had my support, hopefully after construction comes out we can fix these things.

I support!

Part of Alora's Dream Staff Team

Oldschool Inc.

classic_large.png Classic Mew 1.2/4.6B

hcim.png Death Loc

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:52 PM #4

Maxing4fun
Donator

Maxing4fun
Clan: Homeless

• Time spent:
      8d 22h 16m 2s

• Total level:

Read the mind of most new players thoughts (including me)

Support.

CvPCQBac.jpg

4061fa4447dd40f4591d6d78c195c9c4.png

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:58 AM #5

Da Funk
Extreme Donator

Da Funk
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      1d 19h 30m 5s

• Previous username:
    Chmpagnepapi

• Total level:

Good suggestions!

4SVJLVP.gif

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:05 AM #6

Chance
Donator

Chance
Clan: Boop

• Time spent:
      78d 12h 39m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

What Mewtwo said, most of these people have suggested in the pass and hopefully after the construction update...these fixes and come rolling in.

Support!

qYbeEEa.png

| My Profile | My Hiscores | Vote | Knowledge Base |

| Player Report | Bug Report | Support | Appeals | Updates |

| Price Guide |

| Bonus Skill Schedule |

| I carry's EIM Duo Thread |

Past Signatures!

Spoiler

Only Accounts:

Chance - Main

Wisteria - Classic Mode

I carry him - Elite Ironman

Endless spoilers

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:06 AM #7

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

As a precursor, please forgive me if some of these have been mentioned already.

After spending a bit of time in the help cc, I noticed a few recurring issues that could be touched up on.

General:

-Remove dark totem items until they serve a purpose

-Somehow, make the process of getting a dragon defender from warriors guild a bit more transparent. I personally spent a lot of time killing cyclops without a rune defender. Maybe a message that stops you at the third floor door if you haven't already purchased a rune defender.

-Indicate that a player will not lose his/her items at the RFD quest

-Move the wise old man closer to Edgeville general store

-Perhaps a monster teleport for red dragons

-On clicking "XP Locked: True/False" in the player tab, give a bit more info about where the combat master is at home rather than just "home":

AbrmdEnDTiiSCc50S5-fPA.png

Chat:

-Remove some of global yells (Player has received: 1x Item) for the near worthless drops, such as leaf-bladed, mist battlestaff, dragon platelegs & plateskirt, among others

Trading Post:

-When clicking an item to list, immediately bring up the input dialogue that asks: "How much would you like to sell each item for?"

Slayer Master:

-Ability to get a new assignment from the slayer interface. It feels kind of unintuitive that I can cancel a slayer task and have the interface open, but then to receive a new one, you have to exit the interface.

-Selling ensouled heads somewhere within the slayer interface, perhaps a button within the rewards tab.

-The actions in the right-click menu of the slayer master of "Trade" and "Rewards" serve the same purpose in bringing up the interface. In addition to this, one of the options in her dialogue when you select "Talk-to" will also bring up the slayer interface.

I would like to suggest that right-click menu options of "Trade" and "Rewards" could be removed and selecting talk-to would immediately bring up the interface.

Assignment could still serve the same purpose in quickly giving an assignment shown in the dialogue box.

ACVnCuk8RniWzjFJXicn3Q.png

sZK1rq3aSSuCS7qXzMXYpA.png

If "Exchange heads" cannot fit in the top-right button, then I believe it should be moved somewhere within the rewards tab and that the new assignment action can be done where it says "None" (under current assignment) for the sake of symmetry.

Thank you for reading,

Doz

I guess you should let people build up the dark totems and shards, then when it is released people will have a head start into the content. I can agree about the defender thing, as I didn't know myself either. 

You lose no items on all of the quests I believe(?) Not just strictly RFD

Wise Old Man is pretty nearby anyway, I guess this is just a quick fix idea if people couldn't find him.

Red Drags are pretty easy to get to, TP to Steel Drags then use the shortcut to get there. But guess this would be the EZPZ. 

Can agree on the chat thing, as they're pretty useless drops too. Then again, things like KBD heads, AB heads, etc I think should be announced as they are rare drops and high value. 

The rest I agree with, but we will see how the developer time is spent. (Mostly on construction) And a lot of these ideas have been suggested before, it just depends whether they end up getting polled and have popular support. 

I'd always say focus on bigger things, but definitely smaller things like you have suggested make the game more fluent, more realistic and more enjoyable for the player.

Thank you too for being constructive, as well as spending a decent amount of time making this thread. Really well put together and you got my respect for that.

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:10 AM #8

Hexza
User

Hexza
Clan: Help & Alora Clan Chats.

• Time spent:
      13d 13h 3m 28s

• Total level:
Not really a fan of the slayer overlay or new tabs.
I agree with a lot of things though and like @sklp has stated most of these have been suggested in the past.
Most of us really want them small things added but with inferno just being added and fingers crossed construction very soon they will take some time.

Big fan of the new players getting straight away involved with this stuff so much respect
Support
  • Doz likes this

Lr7DKYZ.jpg

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:15 AM #9

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Not really a fan of the slayer overlay or new tabs.
I agree with a lot of things though and like @sklp has stated most of these have been suggested in the past.
Most of us really want them small things added but with inferno just being added and fingers crossed construction very soon they will take some time.

Big fan of the new players getting straight away involved with this stuff so much respect
Support

Definitely agree. A lot of respect for those new players who come to the forums and get involved with discussions.

Props to you 

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:06 PM #10

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)