Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:26 AM #1

NievesEly
User

NievesEly

• Time spent:
      1d 7h 13m 4s

• Total level:

Hello Fellow Alora players,

Nievesely here and I think that higher points in raids should increase rare drop chance.

This is because im currently on a 51 dry streak with 0 rare drops. Normally I get 3-6k points per raid and contribute alot. However, many people seem to die alot in raids and get hardly any points but still get rare drops. I think this is unfair because they put in alot less effort and did alot less for the team.

Higher points should increase the chance of a drop because you're more deserving of it because you put in more work. It doesnt have to be a significant increase say 5% per thousand because everyone seems to get drops 1 in 20 raids on average whereas I get nothing for the work I put in.

Thank you for listening guys leave 

your opinions

2114c8c1e14afa44597fa89ce09cc039.png

b0954f5d59b9bf94565a54d7fe871a1b.png             maxresdefault.jpg

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:30 AM #2

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, sorry.

Points DO currently matter a small amount in raids.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:37 AM #3

Lapis Lazuli
Ex-Staff

Lapis Lazuli

• Time spent:
      9d 13h 34m 16s

• Total level:
there are people that have been dry for a lot longer
I understand that it's annoying but you just have to keep raiding till you get it.
Points currently do matter to some point

No support

3da90c21df4cc6a5ce9d3b31e8f63ff3--lapis-

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:43 AM #4

Avy
Super Donator

Avy

• Time spent:
      3d 7h 54m 5s

• Total level:

i agree with this 100% because the fact that points in raids don't do shit is just a joke... the drop rate should really be based on your points! 100%!!!

there are people that have been dry for a lot longer
I understand that it's annoying but you just have to keep raiding till you get it.
Points currently do matter to some point

No support

its not about being dry... its about people leeching and getting drops with 300 points... thats a joke and points only matter  for how many gems,herbs ur gonna get.

2dvrb0o.jpg

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:59 AM #5

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

Firstly, I must indeed agree with the previous commenters that 51 dry streak is nothing dramatic. I currently have around 600 raids combined on my iron and my main and I've had quite a few streaks that were longer than that. A few of my friends have also been around 130-160~ dry and not gotten a drop. ( @MatzOnOrbik @lava ;) ;) )

However, I must agree with you in this case. We have spent a lot of time trying to max out our points in raids, getting about 10k and seeing if that changed anything and we didn't see a difference in the drops whatsoever. Almost all of the valuable drops that have been earned by either me or my friends who've raided we're either when they were leeching or were still not very good at raiding (for example, one of @Iron Jme -s twisted bow was at 2k points when he had no clue what he was doing). 

Also, there have been too many cases of fresh raiders with under 10 killcount and under 1k points getting a Twisted Bow while those that work hard every day do not earn anything but a rare Dragon Sword.

I've already suggested this to Omicron as well, and I do very much hope that points will matter more in raids in the future, so from me, definitely a Big Support and Papa bless.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:03 AM #6

justbob
User

justbob
Clan: Live to Kill

• Time spent:
      2d 20h 14m 4s

• Total level:
No support sorry
regret_it_mofo.png

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:18 AM #7

Avy
Super Donator

Avy

• Time spent:
      3d 7h 54m 5s

• Total level:

Firstly, I must indeed agree with the previous commenters that 51 dry streak is nothing dramatic. I currently have around 600 raids combined on my iron and my main and I've had quite a few streaks that were longer than that. A few of my friends have also been around 130-160~ dry and not gotten a drop. ( @MatzOnOrbik @lava ;) ;) )

However, I must agree with you in this case. We have spent a lot of time trying to max out our points in raids, getting about 10k and seeing if that changed anything and we didn't see a difference in the drops whatsoever. Almost all of the valuable drops that have been earned by either me or my friends who've raided we're either when they were leeching or were still not very good at raiding (for example, one of @Iron Jme -s twisted bow was at 2k points when he had no clue what he was doing). 

Also, there have been too many cases of fresh raiders with under 10 killcount and under 1k points getting a Twisted Bow while those that work hard every day do not earn anything but a rare Dragon Sword.

I've already suggested this to Omicron as well, and I do very much hope that points will matter more in raids in the future, so from me, definitely a Big Support and Papa bless.

thank you...! and thats someone who raids alot^^^^

No support sorry

ur just a leecher....pls gtfo with ur ''no support comment'' nothing to add on why?

2dvrb0o.jpg

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:40 AM #8

justbob
User

justbob
Clan: Live to Kill

• Time spent:
      2d 20h 14m 4s

• Total level:

i agree with this 100% because the fact that points in raids don't do shit is just a joke... the drop rate should really be based on your points! 100%!!!

its not about being dry... its about people leeching and getting drops with 300 points... thats a joke and points only matter  for how many gems,herbs ur gonna get.

Let's start of by the fact that many players have twisted bows by now.
And the other raid gear and some people even got many copious items.

Let's then add the fact that everyone that got a twisted bow by now will have a great adventage against people using rune c bow or acb. Point wise.

Let's then also add then people that got less points will havr a lower chance on drop which will mean huge price rise in those rares like twisted bow etc. And the people that already got a ton of those items will be even richer #therichgetsricher

70% of this server can't even afford a twistes bow if it isn't 95% so only the elite rich plsyers will then be able to afford a twisted blw so only rhe great and rich people can get top.points with twisted bow.

I am most certaibly not leaching i just know it's a terrible idea.
regret_it_mofo.png

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:51 AM #9

Gatsby
Legendary Donator

Gatsby
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 3h 31m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support because of the fact that the richer you are, the more you'll be able to get drops ahead of others. If this gets accepted, people with tbows will most likely not be accepted into raids teams by people using acb's or rcb's.

Posted Image

Graphics Section

Need work done? Send me a private message on Discord: gatsby#7852

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:24 AM #10

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

Let's start of by the fact that many players have twisted bows by now.
And the other raid gear and some people even got many copious items.

Let's then add the fact that everyone that got a twisted bow by now will have a great adventage against people using rune c bow or acb. Point wise.

Let's then also add then people that got less points will havr a lower chance on drop which will mean huge price rise in those rares like twisted bow etc. And the people that already got a ton of those items will be even richer #therichgetsricher

70% of this server can't even afford a twistes bow if it isn't 95% so only the elite rich plsyers will then be able to afford a twisted blw so only rhe great and rich people can get top.points with twisted bow.

I am most certaibly not leaching i just know it's a terrible idea.

I think a nice system would mean that the amount of drops that would be recieved, would be the same as they are now, just more of those would go to people with more points and less of them to people with less points. The income of items would remain the same.

Of course people with t-bows would have an advantage over people with rune/armadyl crossbows, but you could say the same about literally any boss in Alora / OSRS, the better gear you have the more loot you get, thats pretty much capitalism lol (btw, mind you that in OSRS points matter A LOT in raids, in here it's just kind of random).

I don't see why it would affect the price either, I would rather claim that the people who get higher points most likely already have Twisted Bows which means they would probably sell it if they got it, the people that don't have one yet (a.k.a in your argument the ones with less points) would be more inclined to keep it, as it would be a very nice improvement to their raids gear.

I do not understand your last point very well, however, I would like to say that currently blowpipe is better than Twisted Bow everywhere except raids, and even in raids it doesn't really matter that Twisted Bow is better anyway because you still get the same loot as others. 

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:29 PM #11

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 26m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards
I think it's good how it is right now, what gatsby said, that's also kinda true.

Just keep raiding till you get something, one day. ;)

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:06 PM #12

uTorrent
Super Donator

uTorrent

• Time spent:
      164d 17h 18m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 22 user(s)