30 replies to this topic

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:48 PM #1

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

I have been talking in the chat box on the forum page about how ridiculous the donating prices/items are. So I propose a change. The current price of a whip is $1.50. For one, that is extremely under priced considering the state of the economy that doesn't even exist yet. For the first couple weeks to a month, and even many months after that with new players joining. The whip is going to be a hot commodity. Meaning people will pay top gp for it. So what is stopping me from donating 20$ to get 15 whips, and selling them ingame for gp? Then I will own over half of the economy, because I will own well over half of the gp. This also will ruin whip prices because there will be a shit ton of them ingame. Thus making gp even more rare, because people have whips instead of gp. A t70 weapon shouldn't be in the donor store at all. Considering the best weapons for normal melee are a whip, Abyssal Tentacle, and maybe a z spear/hasta. Considering it will take a long time for a z spear/hasta to come into the game, this leaves the whip as a top weapon for a while. I don't think the price of the whip should be changed. I think it needs to be removed. Donating should gives perks, like a special skilling zone next to a bank. Stuff that helps, but doesn't effect the economy. Having whips in other rsps's are fine to donate for, for multiple reasons. 1. They have been released for months and maybe even years. 2. They have t80 and higher weapons, making the whip a low tier item. 3. They have done the same thing you are doing and there servers economy is fucked. I would assume everybody would agree with me as it is in the best interest of the server. The people who don't agree are the pricks that are going to donate for the whip to ruin the economy because they are to lazy to kill abyssal demons for 2 hours.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:59 PM #2

Flnal Wlsh
User

Flnal Wlsh
Clan: CYF

• Time spent:
      7d 14h 19m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

I see where you're coming from, I mean some prices are pretty low in the Donator store, but the way you think isn't really accurate. 

What I mean is about the whips.. This is a private server which means one can get 85 slayer in one day, which one player could get 1+ whips in just one day. Whips aren't very rare and although that is irrelevant, my point is that they are $1.50 because I'm guessing the Owner(s) know that it's a reasonable price for a main weapon used for pking/bossing etc.

I already have an idea in my head of how much it will cost in-game (as it progresses through the days) so I'm also sure that nobody will donate for 20 whips for $30 just to sell it for in-game cash.. because $30 is a lot of money considering it will get you less than 1B gp.

Edit: I disagreed and I've never donated to an rsps in my entire life :D

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:00 PM #3

Life
User

Life

• Time spent:
      17d 9h 51m 50s

• Total level:

I have been talking in the chat box on the forum page about how ridiculous the donating prices/items are. So I propose a change. The current price of a whip is $1.50. For one, that is extremely under priced considering the state of the economy that doesn't even exist yet. For the first couple weeks to a month, and even many months after that with new players joining. The whip is going to be a hot commodity. Meaning people will pay top gp for it. So what is stopping me from donating 20$ to get 15 whips, and selling them ingame for gp? Then I will own over half of the economy, because I will own well over half of the gp. This also will ruin whip prices because there will be a shit ton of them ingame. Thus making gp even more rare, because people have whips instead of gp. A t70 weapon shouldn't be in the donor store at all. Considering the best weapons for normal melee are a whip, Abyssal Tentacle, and maybe a z spear/hasta. Considering it will take a long time for a z spear/hasta to come into the game, this leaves the whip as a top weapon for a while. I don't think the price of the whip should be changed. I think it needs to be removed. Donating should gives perks, like a special skilling zone next to a bank. Stuff that helps, but doesn't effect the economy. Having whips in other rsps's are fine to donate for, for multiple reasons. 1. They have been released for months and maybe even years. 2. They have t80 and higher weapons, making the whip a low tier item. 3. They have done the same thing you are doing and there servers economy is fucked. I would assume everybody would agree with me as it is in the best interest of the server. The people who don't agree are the pricks that are going to donate for the whip to ruin the economy because they are to lazy to kill abyssal demons for 2 hours.

Disagree with the last part. "The people who don't agree are the pricks that are going to donate for the whip to ruin the economy because they are to lazy to kill abyssal demons for 2 hours."

I disagree because I've donated a decent amount of money already, and have not bought 1 piece of armor/weapon, so please don't generalize us all as "lazy pricks".

I agree to keep weapons and armor out of donation store. There's no need for Dragon armor, Godwars armor & weapons, Slayer armor, etc to be in the store (I know there isn't) bu get the ACB and those weapons off the store, give us perks like 5% more exp on all bones, or put a Bonecrusher in the store for like $5, throw maybe a 3 pack of enchanted Rings of Life for like $6, give us a unique donator zone (Not overpowered, just unique). I'd rather GRIND my ass off getting gear than buying it, especially the way Alora is looking, I want to grind the f*ck out of it, because it looks amazing, and I will be super upset if someone comes with dads credit card, and buys a bunch of Ballistas, and Whips, and owns the eco in less than a day.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for bringing up this issue though, I'm sure if the community thinks the same then the Staff Team will get on it, and listen to us.

Posted Image

What/who exactly is Life?

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:05 PM #4

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

I see where you're coming from, I mean some prices are pretty low in the Donator store, but the way you think isn't really accurate. 

What I mean is about the whips.. This is a private server which means one can get 85 slayer in one day, which one player could get 1+ whips in just one day. Whips aren't very rare and although that is irrelevant, my point is that they are $1.50 because I'm guessing the Owner(s) know that it's a reasonable price for a main weapon used for pking/bossing etc.

I already have an idea in my head of how much it will cost in-game (as it progresses through the days) so I'm also sure that nobody will donate for 20 whips for $30 just to sell it for in-game cash.. because $30 is a lot of money considering it will get you less than 1B gp.

The last part you said isn't true. Servers have different economy's depending on drop rates, and donating prices. Some servers 50m is alot, some server 500m is, some server 50b is. Anyways you look at it, the server will benefit more over whips not being in the shop, vs in the shop. People will get over it that it isn't in the shop. But people won't get over other people donating for whips and not working for them.

I don't want whips in the shop because it will ruin the price of whips ingame. Other people want them in the shop because they are to lazy to do the work themselves. My reason for whips not being in shop is better than that of the opposite opinion.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:09 PM #5

Flnal Wlsh
User

Flnal Wlsh

• Time spent:
      7d 14h 19m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

The last part you said isn't true. Servers have different economy's depending on drop rates, and donating prices. Some servers 50m is alot, some server 500m is, some server 50b is. Anyways you look at it, the server will benefit more over whips not being in the shop, vs in the shop. People will get over it that it isn't in the shop. But people won't get over other people donating for whips and not working for them.

I don't want whips in the shop because it will ruin the price of whips ingame. Other people want them in the shop because they are to lazy to do the work themselves. My reason for whips not being in shop is better than that of the opposite opinion.

Yeah man I get you. It's all opinions to be honest, I personally don't care if it is inside the store or not - just letting people know that it's not as bad if it is though. 

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:11 PM #6

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

Yeah man I get you. It's all opinions to be honest, I personally don't care if it is inside the store or not - just letting people know that it's not as bad if it is though. 

I only pvm, I love doing slayer. I just don't want it to come to the point of getting a whip drop and it not being worth shit. AKA real rs. Whips are the best drop you can get from slayer that isn't from a boss task like kraken, smoke devils, Cerberus, etc.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:23 PM #7

Flnal Wlsh
User

Flnal Wlsh

• Time spent:
      7d 14h 19m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

I only pvm, I love doing slayer. I just don't want it to come to the point of getting a whip drop and it not being worth shit. AKA real rs. Whips are the best drop you can get from slayer that isn't from a boss task like kraken, smoke devils, Cerberus, etc.

I guess that's why we have different opinions - I like to Pk so I like whip's being simple to get (not easy but not hard); and you like pvming/slayer so you work hard to get the best slayer drop which makes perfect sense :P.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:44 PM #8

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

Disagree with the last part. "The people who don't agree are the pricks that are going to donate for the whip to ruin the economy because they are to lazy to kill abyssal demons for 2 hours."

I disagree because I've donated a decent amount of money already, and have not bought 1 piece of armor/weapon, so please don't generalize us all as "lazy pricks".

I agree to keep weapons and armor out of donation store. There's no need for Dragon armor, Godwars armor & weapons, Slayer armor, etc to be in the store (I know there isn't) bu get the ACB and those weapons off the store, give us perks like 5% more exp on all bones, or put a Bonecrusher in the store for like $5, throw maybe a 3 pack of enchanted Rings of Life for like $6, give us a unique donator zone (Not overpowered, just unique). I'd rather GRIND my ass off getting gear than buying it, especially the way Alora is looking, I want to grind the f*ck out of it, because it looks amazing, and I will be super upset if someone comes with dads credit card, and buys a bunch of Ballistas, and Whips, and owns the eco in less than a day.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for bringing up this issue though, I'm sure if the community thinks the same then the Staff Team will get on it, and listen to us.

I was talking about the people that only donate to get weapons and gear. They are the lazy pricks. If you don't donate for items and you actually earn them. Then I don't have a problem with you.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:06 PM #9

Say Waah
Donator

Say Waah
Clan: Gods Plan

• Time spent:
      5d 6h 7m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

Few things I would like to address:

1. Donations are vital in a RSPS to keep it running and also for profit. Most servers who attempted to do skilling boosts and custom donor zones etc never got much donations. That's why items are a good way to get money. People who donate obviously want to get rich easier and be "lazy" but it benefits everyone else also. New content, perhaps new developers, etc thats if the owners use their money wisely to advertise and make more content.

2. The prices is what you should be fixated on. I don't think the items will be removed nor changed and the store isn't even 100% complete so we might see some changes and additions. So until Omicron or Raw Envy tell us how donations will officially work we should be patient. 

My Opinion:

Spoiler

Good suggestion Though!

q2KxgyC.png

TtMCZUu.gifOld Skool BabyTtMCZUu.gif

#republic#

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:13 PM #10

Flnal Wlsh
User

Flnal Wlsh

• Time spent:
      7d 14h 19m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

1. Donations are vital in a RSPS to keep it running and also for profit. Most servers who attempted to do skilling boosts and custom donor zones etc never got much donations. That's why items are a good way to get money. People who donate obviously want to get rich easier and be "lazy" but it benefits everyone else also. New content, perhaps new developers, etc thats if the owners use their money wisely to advertise and make more content.

2. The prices is what you should be fixated on. I don't think the items will be removed nor changed and the store isn't even 100% complete so we might see some changes and additions. So until Omicron or Raw Envy tell us how donations will officially work we should be patient. 

My Opinion:

Spoiler

Good suggestion Though!

Took the words right out of my mouth (with your opinion).

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:23 PM #11

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

My Opinion:

Spoiler

Good suggestion Though!

If people truly like the server they will donate. You don't own a RSPS with the mind set of making profit. That is called being a money hungry fuck. You can easily add benefits to donor to make it well worth it. You should donate for rank, not items. Donating shouldn't be a thing in the new stages of a rsps because it will just fuck the economy up. If they want to release donating in a month or so, go for it. As of now, it would just be foolish.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:26 PM #12

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 58m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

I spoke with Silvernova on this topic not long ago, but I'll write my opinion here so that it is clear for everyone to see.

Keep in mind that any items added in the shop will also be obtainable in-game. There are no plans to have any 'exclusive items' in the shop that won't also be obtainable in-game.

Here's how I see it: you can either work in real life to earn your money and then spend it in the donation store to obtain items, or work within the game to obtain them. Some people simply don't have 10 hours a day to grind out Slayer to get their Abyssal whip, as they work 10 hour days, but when they get home they still want to enjoy playing Alora just like others who don't have the same IRL commitments.

While I definitely see your point, I don't think the effect of donation items will be as visible as you are imagining, and ultimately it's just not a possibility for a quality RSPS to not have donation items. There aren't currently any other servers without items in their donation store(that I know of, or that have more than 5 players), and there's good reason for that -- it's incredibly unrealistic for a developer to put hundreds of hours into development without the incentive of income, and I guarantee you wouldn't be getting the same consistency or quality with updates if that were the case, as development takes a lot of time, which would otherwise be invested elsewhere.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy putting those countless hours into developing Alora, I definitely did, but if it were entirely non-profit it would only be a much smaller fraction of that time as my priorities would be different. I've also invested quite a bit of money from my own pocket to get Alora to this stage. Hell, even employees of non-profit organizations in real life often still need to be paid for their time. As others have mentioned, the donation shop is not complete and prices are not finalized just yet either.

As I said, I understand what you're saying but you need to look at the big picture. I also feel that you're overestimating the effects of the store. I hope you understand the point I'm trying to get across.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:32 PM #13

Evacuate
Donator

Evacuate

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 6m 20s

• Total level:

I spoke with Silvernova on this topic not long ago, but I'll write my opinion here so that it is clear for everyone to see.

Keep in mind that any items added in the shop will also be obtainable in-game. There are no plans to have any 'exclusive items' in the shop that won't also be obtainable in-game.

Here's how I see it: you can either work in real life to earn your money and then spend it in the donation store to obtain items, or work within the game to obtain them. Some people simply don't have 10 hours a day to grind out Slayer to get their Abyssal whip, as they work 10 hour days, but when they get home they still want to enjoy playing Alora just like others who don't have the same IRL commitments.

While I definitely see your point, I don't think the effect of donation items will be as visible as you are imagining, and ultimately it's just not a possibility for a quality RSPS to not have donation items. There aren't currently any other servers without items in their donation store(that I know of, or that have more than 5 players), and there's good reason for that -- it's incredibly unrealistic for a developer to put hundreds of hours into development without the incentive of income, and I guarantee you wouldn't be getting the same consistency or quality with updates if that were the case, as development takes a lot of time, which would otherwise be invested elsewhere.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy putting those countless hours into developing Alora, I definitely did, but if it were entirely non-profit it would only be a much smaller fraction of that time as my priorities would be different. I've also invested quite a bit of money from my own pocket to get Alora to this stage. Hell, even employees of non-profit organizations in real life often still need to be paid for their time. As others have mentioned, the donation shop is not complete and prices are not finalized just yet either.

As I said, I understand what you're saying but you need to look at the big picture. I also feel that you're overestimating the effects of the store. I hope you understand the point I'm trying to get across.

If you aren't going to remove, can you atleast increase prices of some items?

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:40 PM #14

Life
User

Life

• Time spent:
      17d 9h 51m 50s

• Total level:

You don't own a RSPS with the mind set of making profit. That is called being a money hungry fuck.

In todays age, if you're in a good group and y'all have a good programmer, and are knowledgeable in web developing, Java, Graphics, etc.. it's not called "a money hungry fuck", RSPS is becoming a business. Sure, there are tons of shit servers wanting donations and want money, but there are so many well known Java developers that produce updates daily, quality updates, and it's another source of income for them. I think of it as a business personally, if they invest all their extra time into something, and I enjoy it and play it, of course I'll 'buy' into their server, and support them in their business choices. I've studied business, and RSPS is almost exactly the same. I mean, if you're good at programming and need money, why not make a living from it, or at least a second income.

Posted Image

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:25 PM #15

Deimos
User

Deimos

• Time spent:
      1d 11m 48s

• Total level:

My Opinion:

Spoiler

Good suggestion Though!

I agree with your opinion, most donors mostly bank stand and gamble. So us non-donors will own the server hopefully

giphy.gif

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:59 PM #16

Silvernova
User

Silvernova
Clan: Maxed

• Time spent:
      5d 2h 44m 27s

• Total level:

I was going to write another essay here to try to convince you people that adding items that people can donate for is a bad choice, but Omicron seems to have made his choice.

Pull yourself a fucking whisky and go back to sleep, bitch.

Tell daddy that I hate a dirty motherfucker like you, mom.

Yeah I'm sick, oh so sick - I'm so sick of this shit!

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:28 AM #17

Revil
User

Revil

• Time spent:
      2d 23h 2m 57s

• Total level:

The server needs money to stay alive, so they're going to want to rake in as much as possible to maximise profits. 

RSPS are business's that aims to maximise profits so they're going to do that in every way possible.

Common sense really, isn't it?

Posted Image

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:03 AM #18

The Sexy
User

The Sexy

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 48m 45s

• Total level:

To be fair, Whips are often the first thing most people would donate for - just to have a decent weapon straight away, but once the economy gets going you're more likely to be loosing money on these kinds of donations. Also regarding the prices :
AUQuKKI.png
Considering you got the price of whips wrong, as they're currently at $2.50, I'm sure the prices are going to reflect the prospective economy and/or how hard they're going to be to obtain during game play. There's nothing in the store that'd make me want to donate just to get a better weapon that everyone else would be able to obtain during the first week or two of release.

Spoiler

Yd5Gc7z.png

Calm Your Forehead 

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:04 AM #19

Life
User

Life

• Time spent:
      17d 9h 51m 50s

• Total level:

I believe Omicron knows best for his server, we'll just have to wait and see how the donations play out, like he said the store isn't finished yet. ;)

Posted Image

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:33 AM #20

Formal

Extreme Donator

Formal

• Time spent:
      8d 13h 5m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

My Opinion:

Spoiler

Good suggestion Though!

This ^

OT: There is nothing you can really do. Donations help the economy get rolling anyways. If you do it correctly.. making money in the beginning of the game using skills, and pvm will be real easy to get a great lead on others who just want to max skills out right away. 

Perhaps some items to be "temporally" removed from the store you might ask? It's a tough choice and probably not worth doing as well.

You just need to play it out. 

Someone also mentioned that most people who don't donate usually are the wealthiest in game. 

Good concern though @Evacuate

~Formal

xFcT5uc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)