Ryuu
Veteran

Ryuu
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      89d 18h 49m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think a trivia game over yell would be great.

It'd be like this:

Server announces a question and the first 3 or 5 players who answer it correctly will get a prize or some sort of points.

For example:

[Trivia] How many Lava dragons do you have to kill to get the "Molten" achievement?

*3 or 5 players type* ::answer 100

[Trivia] The question has been answered!

Obviously, it would need a lot more questions to have some sort of variety. 

What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:06 AM #2

Chase
User

Chase
Clan: Staff Team

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good Idea!

I'm glad my topic could serve as a template for yours.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:07 AM #3

Ryuu
Veteran

Ryuu

• Time spent:
      89d 18h 49m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good Idea!

I'm glad my topic could serve as a template for yours.

Yeah, it's pretty much based on your topic. Both would be great.

Posted Image

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:25 AM #4

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Seen this on other servers.

Cool idea but just kind of adding things for the sake of it imo

Seen this on other servers.

Cool idea but just kind of adding things for the sake of it imo

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:31 AM #5

Ill max soon
User

Ill max soon

• Time spent:
      22d 9h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

I've always hated this on servers tbh, anything custom like this i hate.

Maybe i'll feel differently if it was added here but who knows.

No longer playing 'ill max soon' my focus is on maxing my Classic.

Classic Account Name = ClassicMax

them-watching.gif

44Sw9Lj.png svteAVj.png

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:14 AM #6

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I've seen loads of servers with this! And it's a nice addition. I support

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:49 AM #7

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 7h 29m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally like the idea and I've considered it in the past! Anybody have an idea of what kind of rewards could be offered?

@Salter

@Ryuu

@Chase

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:56 AM #8

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally like the idea and I've considered it in the past! Anybody have an idea of what kind of rewards could be offered?

@Salter

@Ryuu

@Chase

I've seen different servers have many different rewards. Most of them however use a trivia shop where "cheap" items can be bought for trivia points.

I think a few cosmetics & maybe an experience book could reside in such a shop. Another one is that if you get a question right, you get some cash.

Doesn't have to be much, just a little bit to keep it interesting & big enough to make it an incentive to have the community rush to the question.

My opinion ^^

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:18 AM #9

Ryuu
Veteran

Ryuu

• Time spent:
      89d 18h 49m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

I've seen different servers have many different rewards. Most of them however use a trivia shop where "cheap" items can be bought for trivia points.
I think a few cosmetics & maybe an experience book could reside in such a shop. Another one is that if you get a question right, you get some cash.
Doesn't have to be much, just a little bit to keep it interesting & big enough to make it an incentive to have the community rush to the question.

My opinion ^^

It doesn't have to be anything big. I agree with Salter. Experience books (maybe about 10-20% xp boost for a hour) or experience lamps which give xp to the desired skill. Cosmetics would be nice to see as well.

Posted Image

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:18 AM #10

Poor Level 3
User

Poor Level 3
Clan: Help / Alora

• Time spent:
      29d 6h 37m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Salter
@Ryuu
@Chase

I personally think it would be cool to recieve points or tokens (say a random generated 1-5 tokens for answering a question), these tokens would have a small shop in edgeville and you could purchase cosmetic items with them, as for the items, I don't have much in mind, but I think it would be a better idea than the "mainstream" just receiving gold.

Anyone like this idea or prefer something else?

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:32 AM #11

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally think it would be cool to recieve points or tokens (say a random generated 1-5 tokens for answering a question), these tokens would have a small shop in edgeville and you could purchase cosmetic items with them, as for the items, I don't have much in mind, but I think it would be a better idea than the "mainstream" just receiving gold.

Anyone like this idea or prefer something else?

While I do agree that receiving just gold would be mainstream, I don't like the idea of another "Sir loyle T" either.

I agree with @Ryuu , seeing as there are no xp lamps otherwise gainable ingame would be nice if this method had one, and for example a nice system for it would be something like this:

Answer 1 question right - 1 point

Answer 2 questions right in a row - 2 points

Answer 3 questions right in a row - 3 points

Then there could be like a shop that sells either cosmetics otherwise not gainable or just XP lamps:

Small xp lamp - 2 points

Medium xp lamp - 4 points

Large xp lamp - 8 points

The XP rates would have to be lower for HCIM/Classic mode players from these lamps.

(Need alternative rewards to XP too for people who are already maxed, or if not alternatives to XP then just an announcement of the fastest player to answer it)

Also I've seen it for other servers, I do believe they had the first 3 or 5 people, however, their playerbase was also a lot smaller. You only need 2 or 3 fast people to never let anyone else win, I feel like it should be either just anyone who responds in 10 seconds or the amount of people should be higher, say 10-15.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:29 AM #12

Medics
Super Donator

Medics

• Time spent:
      8d 15h 28m 12s

• Total level:

I love the idea of having this on a server; every server I have played previously in the past/ my own projects I have had this; it's always a great little thing to have while grinding out those gains!

So you both have my support on this idea +1

As far as rewards go & points work; I would base them on what place each person comes. I've seen it coded differently on all types of servers.

For example; say if I answered first, then the person who came first answering it would get 5 points, 2nd you'd get 4, 3rd 3 points & so on you get the point.

Rewards side of it; well there's many options - you can either have it set-up for specific titles for example 'Trivia Master' I don't know exactly lol :P

As others have said maybe a shop with trivia items in it/cosmetic's an so forth could be added possibly?

At the same time, you don't want to make it feel like a custom type thing; so it's got some thinking to go towards this idea.

But I'm sure with everyone adding suggestions to this, it won't take long to come up with an idea :)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:28 PM #13

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support on this, similar to Chase's suggestion.

Random trivia events are my favourite ones. Everyone racing to the fastest correct answer and then getting rewarded.

I feel like the rewards should be minor, some cosmetics or supplies perhaps. Can also add small amounts of coins.

I hope to see this implemented, going to encourage people seek yell and participate in community events. :)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:20 PM #14

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

My only concern is how easily can this be abused and are the rewards fair.
If the trivia is based on a RNG timer then it makes sense, but it's every 00:20 on the clock then I can see it being abused with pretyped msgs. 
Next concern is majority of keyboards support upwards to 18 macro keys that can write pretyped words, would there be a plethora of questions, or would it be the same 15 questions? 
If it was the same 15 questions, what prevent's a player from logging into say 10 clients, and spamming their f12 key which is programmed to say "::answer zulrah"?

As for rewards I don't think experience rewards are fair unless it's in the form of a lamp which gives reasonable exp amounts. Other rewards should be strictly cosmetic.
Why? Not everybody speaks english, nor do they type 100 wpm. Having an exponential advantage over other players because you posses a skill (typing) which has no correlation to the game isn't something that should be heavily rewarded tbh.

I like the idea but I think balancing it requires a lot of thought. 

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:36 PM #15

Chase
User

Chase
Clan: Staff Team

• Time spent:
      55d 21h 32m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

If the trivia is based on a RNG timer then it makes sense, but it's every 00:20 on the clock then I can see it being abused with pretyped msgs. 
Next concern is majority of keyboards support upwards to 18 macro keys that can write pretyped words, would there be a plethora of questions, or would it be the same 15 questions? 
If it was the same 15 questions, what prevent's a player from logging into say 10 clients, and spamming their f12 key which is programmed to say "::answer zulrah"?

As for rewards I don't think experience rewards are fair unless it's in the form of a lamp which gives reasonable exp amounts. Other rewards should be strictly cosmetic.
Why? Not everybody speaks english, nor do they type 100 wpm. Having an exponential advantage over other players because you posses a skill (typing) which has no correlation to the game isn't something that should be heavily rewarded tbh.

This is why I suggested the Reaction Game.

The yell will always be a different generated code for example "First person to type ;;128hjd@dhj! wins!

Next one would be > "First person to type ;;#*2sad32as! wins!

And so on... 100% different. 

Whoever would be the first player to type the code, it would announce over yell and that player would then receive the reward in their inventory.

The game itself would always randomize the codes, instead of questions which was suggested above.

I could see players memorizing questions, but it would be nearly impossible to predict what the next generated code would be from the reaction game.

As for rewards, it would be nice to see small cosmetic items, PVP shop items, or implant xp lamps, etc...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:38 PM #16

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

I can see your points, and honestly they are valid concerns.

I think if it just happened either every 30 minutes or 1 hour and if there were like a selection of 50+ (possibly 100+) questions then pretyping it would be nearly impossible.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:42 PM #17

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is why I suggested the Reaction Game.

The yell will always be a different generated code for example "First person to type ;;128hjd@dhj! wins!

Next one would be > "First person to type ;;#*2sad32as! wins!

And so on... 100% different. 

The game itself would always randomize the codes, instead of questions which was suggested above.

I could see players memorizing questions, but it would be nearly impossible to predict what the next generated code would be from the reaction game.

As for rewards, it would be nice to see small cosmetic items, PVP shop items, or implant xp lamps, etc...

Yeah I agree on the reaction game more than this, though the problem of players who're foreign or slow wpm will be at an unfair disadvantage.
Also, as time passes this feature will eventually have the same 10-15 players constantly winning it. 

I think it'd make more sense to have a trivia based game that allows you to answer over a span of a minute or even 30 seconds.
One that was a random event, that anyone could participate in if they chose to, and over time amount a hefty sum of points to be used in a shop. 

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:41 AM #18

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 26m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards
Nice suggestion same as Chase, would be nice to see some skilling supplies and secondary herb shop rewards.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:45 PM #19

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

omicron has shown interest in this being added, the rewards will have to be well thought out of course.

I'll be adding this into the main suggestion topic - thank you!

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)