Flowers
User

Flowers
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      63d 1h 21m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards
I've seen various members of the community asking for help when no members of staff are online and they don't know what to do. This thread will let you know what to do depending on your situation. I will keep adding to this thread if I feel I need to make appropriate additions.

Table of contents
  • Questions about Alora
  • Questions about tickets (reports, appeals, general support)
  • Ignore list
  • Client issues
  • Contacting a member of staff
  • Rule breakers
  • Posting screenshots
  • Posting video recordings

1) What if I have a question about Alora?
If you have a question about Alora and no members of staff are online you don't need to worry. There are several clan chats that offer support around Alora: 'Help', 'Help1' and 'Alora' are the three main clan chats that people turn to if they're in need of assistance. The 'Help' or 'Help1' clan chats are strictly for player assistance so if you're looking for a straight answer you should head over to either one of those and ask a member of the community. There are many members of the community who are open to give a helping hand, whether that be because they're aiming towards staff or because they're looking to help players for the sake of being a good person.

In addition to the clan chats that you can use, you can also use the Yell feature (assuming you're a Donator+). If you're to ask a question over yell it typically gets answered, but it's not guaranteed. If you can't get what you need from either the clan chats or from yell then I recommend that you contact an ex-staff member - these members of the community are no longer staff but they're usually down to help players who need help as they used to be a part of the staff team.

To read more about the Clan Chat system please read here.

2) What if I have a question regarding my ticket?
If you have a question regarding your report, appeal or anything that only a member of staff can handle your best bet is to be patience. I'm aware that some players wait a day or two before getting attention but complaining about it will get you absolutely nowhere. Members of staff are very busy and they try their best, meaning they'll attend your case whenever they have the free time. Depending on your situation, not all members of staff can handle your issue. An example of this would be that only Administrators can handle your 2FA related issues.

3) Using the ignore list in-game
If you're being harassed by a member of the community or someone is getting annoying to a point where you would like to address the issue to a member of staff, it's recommended to use the ignore list. The ignore list is something that you can use if you wish to block communication with a certain individual(s), so rather than reporting a minor incident to a member of staff you're better off just blocking communication and moving on. Depending on the severity of the harassment, report them to a member of staff.

4) What if I'm experiencing client issues and I'm unable to login?
If you're experiencing client issues it's recommended that you follow this guide. This thread addresses various issues that members of the community have been through, therefore if you're having the same client issue as someone else, a fix has already been found. If you're still experiencing difficulties trying to log in please contact the support board for additional assistance. The members of staff handling your thread will deal with you personally and try to fix your issue as soon as possible.

5) What if I need to contact a member of staff?
If you're insisting on contacting a member of staff and none are online, your best bet is to leave them a message on either the Forums or on Discord. They will respond to you as soon as they can and handle your issue to the best of their ability.

In order to message a member of staff on the Forums please open the spoiler and follow the steps accordingly.
Spoiler

In order to message a member of staff on Discord please open the spoiler and follow the steps accordingly.
Spoiler

6) What if I encounter a rule breaker?
If you encounter a rule breaker and no members of staff are online (which is a rare occurrence), you should submit a Forum report as soon as possible. In order to get to the report page you must either manually visit the support board on the Forums or use the ;;report command in-game. Upon submitting the report, you must make sure that you have the correct evidence in order to get this rule breaker punished accordingly. This evidence can be either screenshots or video recordings, however there are some instances where screenshots are disapproved and can not be used in your case. An example of this could be a scammer. Alora will not accept screenshots regarding scammers in the server as screenshots can be tampered with and faked. This is a case where a video recording is required. This is because you can't fake a video (assuming you capture the Alora's entire client). 

6.1) How to screenshot your screen
There are various applications that you can download and use (free of use) for Alora to report members of staff or the community. Below is a screenshot application that I personally use for everything. It's extremely simple to use and I recommend it to everyone. This application is known as Lightshot and you can download this for both Windows and for Mac. In order to download Lightshot, please click here.

I recommend that you head over to Volta's guide if you're unfamiliar with the application.

6.2) How to record your screen
There are various applications that you can download and use (free of use) for Alora to report members of staff or the community. Below is a video recording application that I personally use for everything. It's extremely simple to use and I recommend it to everyone. This application is known as Camtasia and I've been using it for a very long time. In order to download Camtasia (free trial), please click here.

I recommend that you head over to this YouTube tutorial video on setting up and understanding Camtasia if you're unfamiliar with the application.

Partial credits to Poor Level 3 for suggestions.

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:14 PM #2

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very informative guide! I'm sure this will help a load of new players, even some more experienced players! People don't realize how much Discord is used by Staff, and how many members even have it on their phones!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:02 PM #3

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Pretty sure you could've done this way more efficiently and not written an essay. (I can answer almost all of those with one sentence)

I mean no offence, it's well written & good job. I'm sure it will help people.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:50 PM #4

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

That is....a lot of words.

Nice formatting though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:10 AM #5

Medics
Super Donator

Medics

• Time spent:
      8d 15h 28m 12s

• Total level:

Very informational guide Flowers :)

Great guide, I'm sure this will help a bunch of people out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)