17 replies to this topic

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:35 AM #1

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

I never really understood the idea of renouncing from Ironman to normal account but feel that this could be a good idea for those that want to commit to being a skiller (level 3) FOREVER.

To renounce from Combat, you must:

• Pay 10m GP
  • All combat stats should be 1 (meaning combat level 3)
  • Normal armour requirements (no ironman armour)

This will completely lock your Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic, Prayer and Hitpoints stats going forwards - no going back.

By doing this, you will get a small Axe or Pickaxe symbol next to your name to signify this change. Donor status prioritises over this (maybe recolour depending on donor level?)

--

I appreciate that this is a very specific request but I have met a small community of players that are committing to skilling on the server and it seems that there is very little to offer. PKing and PVM have huge content areas, why not target another niche?

Further suggestions around skilling to follow in another post...

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:42 AM #2

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

(The way you explained this thread confuses me, as I'm not sure what you're going after here)

I'm going to assume you want a new game mode for skillers?

Figuring out how to implement this is pretty crucial

I could see it being added as a custom game mode, but would we include current skillers? If so how would this be done? What if an account reset all combats and then pretended to be a skiller after having such an unfair advantage? 

They could have inferno cape etc, which would look a bit ridic

Lastly, the experience rates on alora and the ability to just buy supplies can make the game mode pretty easy, and there's not too much of a sense of accomplishment imo.

Main Account - Syntax

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:16 AM #3

R e i

Veteran

R e i
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      77d 15h 35m 10s

• Previous username:
    Pkdealer

• Total level:
    Awards

No support... Doesn't impact the game in any way or aspect. Some people if they want to have a skiller they can just make a new account.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 8/02/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator 8/03/2018

Promoted to Global Moderator 30/05/2018

Community awards - March

Most Active Ingame

Community awards - April
Most Active Ingame
Best Hybrid

Community Awards - May

Best hybrid

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:25 AM #4

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea behind this Iconised, especially the pickaxe/hatchet icon. I feel like it'd be easier to implement a combat-only experience toggle than to add a gamemode for it. I'm sure there are a lot of other skillers on the server that haven't made their presence known. Don't get me wrong. I think it would be cool to have skillers stand out but I'm neutral because I'm open-minded but at the same time I feel as if it's unnecessary. As for renouncement, allowing yourself to pay a fee to de-rank? No way. If anything, all accounts should be created from scratch.

Edit: 2 swords mentioned level 3 skillers would have inferno cape, etc. Let's say this was implemented. I personally wouldn't want to see skillers have any chance at equipping anything combat-related (armor/gear). I have to agree that it would look ridiculous. Again, if this gamemode was implemented, the experience rates should be decreased dramatically to take into effect the gamemode type.

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:07 AM #5

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seems like a good idea, and it is cool that you pin-pointed a part of the community that doesn't really have much to differentiate themselves from other people. This could be a good idea not sure how it would be implemented though. Maybe adding something to show they are a maxed skiller instead?

I think the reason for renouncing from Ironman to Regular is because ironman is harder, so renouncing to skiller would be something that I think you should choose upon starting a new account. That's just my input anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:19 AM #6

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

(The way you explained this thread confuses me, as I'm not sure what you're going after here)

I could see it being added as a custom game mode, but would we include current skillers? If so how would this be done? What if an account reset all combats and then pretended to be a skiller after having such an unfair advantage? 

Lastly, the experience rates on alora and the ability to just buy supplies can make the game mode pretty easy, and there's not too much of a sense of accomplishment imo.

To prevent any complication, I think that adding a new game mode would not be needed. This could really be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The simple answer is just to create a state for an account which meets the requirements of a "Skiller" to no longer gain combat experience. You could of course create modes; Skiller Mode, Hardcore Skiller Mode....

With regards to the inferno cape - the fire cape is already available for donators, I for instance have one on my level 3. Could be completely wrong but I am sure that this is also available at as premium donor item so I wouldn't be surprised if there are already level 3's running around with this. Besides, if they are level 3 and have sworn to not get combat exp - it grants absolutely no benefit at all other than visual appeal.

I think that the current exp rates are completely fine. The end goal of a skiller is to max - not 99's - but a completed set of 200m skills. I'm sure additional content could be added for a skiller completionist if you would but let's save that for another suggestion.

No support... Doesn't impact the game in any way or aspect. Some people if they want to have a skiller they can just make a new account.

To a degree, you are correct - however - Skillers are a vital part of the economy, providing resources for the other less skill oriented players to level up their stats. Whilst you can "just make a new account", there is no sense of achievement when you hit 99 because everybody else already has it. Knowing that you are reliant on your skills to make money is a whole different ball game.

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:11 PM #7

Renji
Super Donator

Renji

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 20m 8s

• Total level:

I think the challenge aspect of this type of account would be bank building rather than just levelling up the skills. Also, while OP seems to want to be able to convert existing accounts to this mode for a fee I think the only "fair" way to do it would be to require a new account for it.

That said I think my support depends greatly on the amount of dev time this would take. It would be a cool unique option that a lot of servers don't have, but reallistically I don't think it's worth much dev time. Basically if this would take more than a day to get done then I don't support it, but if the game mode can be made in a day then I fully support it.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:36 PM #8

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Doesnt the lvl 3 combat already show that ur a skiller? Does that mean maxed accs get its own icon aswell? I dont really see the point.

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:19 PM #9

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Don't see the point in this. There's not even enough skillers for this to be even remotely useful or beneficial to the servers player base / activity.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:15 PM #10

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

To the people saying that they don't see a point in this; maxed players get a completionist cape and a max cape - why wouldn't you implement an identifier for part of the community that want to be skill orientated? You kill stuff, we mine and chop stuff.

I wouldn't even mind if there was a skiller cape, or a wider variety of outfits (I know this has been suggested in another post) but its a way of playing the game and should be recognised.

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:19 PM #11

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

To the people saying that they don't see a point in this; maxed players get a completionist cape and a max cape - why wouldn't you implement an identifier for part of the community that want to be skill orientated? You kill stuff, we mine and chop stuff.

I wouldn't even mind if there was a skiller cape, or a wider variety of outfits (I know this has been suggested in another post) but its a way of playing the game and should be recognised.

Valid point(s) to be honest.

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:26 PM #12

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Not against the idea, I personally love skilling (as a level 3) on Runescape. This would be a cool way to make playing the game like this measurable and fair, but it adds a few questions.

Can they trade? because as @2 swords mentioned, a lot of the skills on Alora are extremely easy when you can just buy materials
Should they have a lower xp rate?

Do they have a split eco like classic, to prevent materials obtained via pvm entering the eco?

Alora also doesn't have many of the non-skill related content that level 3's on rs also try to accomplish, like quests/titles/minigame loo/rare mob drops, so I think it would be an extremely dead game mode.

A split highscore could be fun for skillers, but only if the xp rate is low, maybe x5?

To a degree, you are correct - however - Skillers are a vital part of the economy, providing resources for the other less skill oriented players to level up their stats. Whilst you can "just make a new account", there is no sense of achievement when you hit 99 because everybody else already has it. Knowing that you are reliant on your skills to make money is a whole different ball game.

Yeah, this isn't true at all, pvm brings in a lot, if not the majority, of skilling resources in the game. Most players do both combat AND skilling remember, so level 3 skillers impact on the economy is probably non-existent at best.

Only way i could see this being a worthwhile gamemode is if players need to start fresh accounts, they are prevented from trading people with combat, and have a lower xp rate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:08 PM #13

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
No support, this mode is already do able basically, not really needed to make a custom mode for it.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:24 AM #14

Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea, it's creative, sure, but this is just adding things that don't really need to be added in the game. I've always kept my account a pure besides attempting inferno, if I want to never gain defence XP again should I gain a broken shield by my name to signify that when there'd be a max of maybe 20 players doing the same?

If the goal is vanity, that's at your disposal already, when I (and others I presume) see a level 3 in full elegant clothes with a skillcape I think "Oh cool a skiller" & don't think about it again. Everyone knows you're a skiller already fam. 

If the goal is to not gain combat stats, equip a shortbow with no arrows & turn on the hidden option for attacking in your settings so you can't attack anything. Boom, you're double covered.

At the end of the day I'd love a skillcape that said "This spastic got 99 in everything while keeping his defence 1" but I know I'm not getting it because it's unnecessary, same with your situation fam.

No support.

Posted Image

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:31 AM #15

Bloo2
User

Bloo2

• Time spent:
      18d 21h 7m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Would be cool to see a new game mode for skillers, would be pretty complex to figure out how to implement it fairly though like others said, if it was tweaked a bit would be cool so Support :)

22c8c1abae7b350aa5e29d9bb0d54037.gif

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:52 AM #16

Varus
Super Donator

Varus

• Time spent:
      3d 1h 52m 24s

• Total level:

Why not? Support for the skillers!

DtTuJdA.png

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:11 AM #17

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Quite unique suggestion. I'd like to see more dedicated skillers in the community. +1 for combat renouncement.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:11 AM #18

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

Feel free to make a better post outlining your idea, since everyone and their mom could become a level 3 skiller under your current explanation (get all 200ms as a main and then do that)

What if a player gets hacked - and the hacker renounces them... or if they ever want to change back? - do we forever deny them that opportunity? There's so much that would go into that, like saying you can only do it x amount of times etc. - It would be far simpler and less time consuming to just make a new game mode.

I'm not entirely opposed to a new skiller game mode, that could be cool, and it could have its own icon, and new economy as well (doesn't need to be new eco but it could be a nice change of pace for the game mode) - I'll add that to the main suggestions

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 5 user(s)