Photo

This would make pking active, bring players in, and would be fun as shit!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:42 AM #1

RA RA
User

RA RA

• Time spent:
      1d 19h 31m 41s

• Total level:

A second world for Deadman Mode. I think there are enough donations to handle a second world hosting. Incorporating a seasonal DMM would be awesome and would make the pking active!

My only problem with Alora is not many pk, and the ones that do are only the rich and some pures.

I still manage a way to get some pking in but this would make it more challenging and fun.

Just a regular guy livin' some big dreams. 

*Not affiliated with the clan "RA RA" that some of you keep asking me about, thank you.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:46 AM #2

Pude
User

Pude

• Time spent:
      2d 2h 18m 13s

• Total level:

I support the idea of this mode, especially a second world. But for sure we need pking to get active. I'm not rich enough to pk with people who do, and I don't like having a pure to pk. I only skill, pvm, or gamble on this server for real.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:54 AM #3

ClassicMax
User

ClassicMax

• Time spent:
      23d 21h 29m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Problem is Deadman dies quickly on servers, so i'd rather see dev time into something useful then this atm.

BfzhClO.gif

AReaUae.png

xdwVHBG.pngzZrpyKr.png

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:03 AM #4

Kinben
User

Kinben

• Time spent:
      9d 6h 46m 37s

• Total level:

I think this would work if we maybe had 1k players as a playerbase instead of the average 400-500 online. The more players = the better deadman. Wouldn't be very fun if one player killed 3 people and just won the game because of such a large advantage.

Posted Image

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:14 AM #5

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam
Clan: Lunar Isle

• Time spent:
      63d 22h 44m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

Problem is Deadman dies quickly on servers, so i'd rather see dev time into something useful then this atm.

Basically this.. unless there is a prize to keep players motivated & working towards a goal its dead content.

I'd feel like that kind of time should be used to revamp the whole pkp system on this server. As much as id like it to resemble osrs pkp just isnt worth going into the wilderness for.

(life on a regular player on Alora) Legit the only reason why they would go into the wilderness is for PvMing/Achievements & the accasional pk attempt.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:17 AM #6

Kr0nic
User

Kr0nic

• Time spent:
      15h 45m 38s

• Total level:

i dont think ddm would stay active. although i love ddm, and do think alora needs some type of update to bring inpkers and make pking active. i think just a few players would rule over ddm within a couple weeks and no 1 else would hardly want to play it. :/

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:28 AM #7

RA RA
User

RA RA

• Time spent:
      1d 19h 31m 41s

• Total level:

Well DMM would reset after every season, and players have to work on it again. Example some players might sell stuff on the second world for gold on the first world. Making it still active for PvE/PvM'ers. and the only ones trying to make it to the top/pk are those that want the fun.

But I do agree the PK'ing needs an update. Seems flawed in ways from reading other threads. 

Just a regular guy livin' some big dreams. 

*Not affiliated with the clan "RA RA" that some of you keep asking me about, thank you.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:23 AM #8

Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't like the idea simply because we already have a small playerbase of pkers, and this would split it down the middle. I've seen something like this work on a server I'm not going to name, where in World 1, you had the original wilderness, and World 2 was a PvP world with something like 1.3x XP rates for everything you did outside of a bank. Possibly an increased XP rate and maybe a 1.2x drop rate on PvP worlds would increase pking activity. More rewards for skillers, but also risk due to the pkers it would bring, and other pkers to hunt those pkers.

Support the idea in a sense, but I don't think it should cut the community halfway down the middle as most of the ironman/PVM playerbase would rather farm Zulrah kills than get 150k bank keys in a DMM, we should provide incentive for that side of the community to come into PVP areas also. Just my thoughts.

Posted Image

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:32 AM #9

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I love the idea of DMM, i was testing it a bit on another server but wonder what it would look like with a bigger player-base like Alora's. 

Although, I don't think it should be at the front of the list of things to do with Alora, but as a side project like Construction was for a very, very long time I think it could be something cool to add to the server. Hey it could even add more players.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:38 AM #10

Pude
User

Pude

• Time spent:
      2d 2h 18m 13s

• Total level:

Theres a lot more disagreeing with this than I thought, Our pk is definitely inactive rn, I don't see how new pk content is an irrelevant idea to fix this issue. And I hear alot of issues with "dev time". If there isnt dev time for new content like that with such a playerbase perhaps we need more devs?

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:52 AM #11

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

Whilst I support the idea, everybody commenting (bar maybe a few) has earned their bond through the game - so you haven't contributed to the server costs at all.

Speaking from someone that is a stakeholder in a large piece of software, you would need a really convincing argument to start a new server. You would need a new set of staff to run the server, increased advertising to reach the players and as many have said a prize pool to actually give a reason to play.

Posted Image

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:29 PM #12

Dawarloch
User

Dawarloch

• Time spent:
      1d 4h 10m 28s

• Total level:

I feel like a normal pking world would be a better option than dmm until more people are brought in and pking is more active, then maybe changing to a dmm.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:39 AM #13

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 26m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards
It would be nice to see this of course but it will kinda become dead content after a while.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:40 AM #14

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

This isn't something that has any real traction, and it's barely even content on osrs - it just dies off and people get pissed from the ongoing bugs w/ final hour etc.

This would consume far too much dev time only to be dead content

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)