Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

So this is kind of a far-fetch suggestion, but I'm going to try and make it as to-the-point as I can.

What I was suggesting is that we add some kind of poll when it comes time for an update. Something to relate my idea to is the update polls they have on OSRS, where they get the players to vote on certain ideas/updates and see what should be added and what shouldn't be added to the server.

I'm thinking we could add something like this but the choices that we have the polls on are certain ideas/accepted suggestions in certain section (I.E. Slayer, PvM Suggestions, etc)

I feel like seeing exactly what players want to see, besides the big updates like construction, would be a great thing to see for the staff and Omi so the team has an idea of what suggestions are more popular/are more wanted opposed to other suggestions/ideas.

We could add this suggestion through something similar in-game like the vote-booths similar to osrs (even though the vote booths are for server voting), or just on the forums.

Would love to hear some feedback from the players of Alora.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:27 PM #2

Meaningless
User

Meaningless

• Time spent:
      5d 3h 29m 35s

• Total level:

I think it could work, honestly. It'd have to be thought out more in depth that what you touched on just now in the post, but I'm open to the seeing the possibilities that could come from this.

4vqGynD.png

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:13 AM #3

Dante
Veteran

Dante

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think it could work, honestly. It'd have to be thought out more in depth that what you touched on just now in the post, but I'm open to the seeing the possibilities that could come from this.

I knew it would go like this. I haven't put my thoughts exactly how I wanted to in this post but I'm sure you and everyone else would get the point.

It could be a good addition in my opinion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:46 AM #4

Hondenei
Ironman

Hondenei
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      60d 16h 30m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards
The suggestion list atm is so long, I'm not surprised if staff wouldn't know where to start on updating al off It. These polls could make them decide easier I imagine. Support!

Promoted to Server Support on 10 December 2017.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 17 January 2018.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:11 AM #5

Aokiji
User

Aokiji

• Time spent:
      2d 23h 7m 31s

• Total level:

I guess the Staff team could shortlist suggestions and poll them to see which ones are most favored by the player base. Support.

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:08 AM #6

Jmich96
Super Donator

Jmich96

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 19m 51s

• Total level:
I recently had a conversation on this topic. I thought maybe if someone could keep up on 2 Swords job by keeping an updated list, staff could take each subject every week and ask the community for their top 2 or 3 pics. Omicron would then work on those top pics.

Week 1 could be PVM, week 2 QOL, week 3 skilling, so on and so forth. This would allow for a variety of updates to please everybody. I feel 2-3 of these minor updates a week would be no stress for Omicron and reasonable.

But in the end, I support the idea of a poll on suggestions. The community deserves to be heard on what they want. But this only matters if the polls result in actual updates.

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:46 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I recently had a conversation on this topic. I thought maybe if someone could keep up on 2 Swords job by keeping an updated list, staff could take each subject every week and ask the community for their top 2 or 3 pics. Omicron would then work on those top pics.
Week 1 could be PVM, week 2 QOL, week 3 skilling, so on and so forth. This would allow for a variety of updates to please everybody. I feel 2-3 of these minor updates a week would be no stress for Omicron and reasonable.
But in the end, I support the idea of a poll on suggestions. The community deserves to be heard on what they want. But this only matters if the polls result in actual updates.

This is what i mean. Polling on the accepted suggestions in each subject to see what would be more popular in the eye of the player. Also you touched on someone keeping up with what Syntax was doing with the suggestion list and I hope that comes to as well

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:05 AM #8

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

I actually think this is a really good idea; rather than crawling through forum posts and counting the number of duplicates - just raise a poll at the time that the dev is ready and roll with what the community want!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)