16 replies to this topic

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:50 AM #1

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Really simple suggestion, if it is possible for Dan to enforce.

There should be a combat level requirement to the bloody key spawn event. The purpose of the spawn is to encourage PKing @ multi spots throughout the Wilderness while offering potentially great prizes in exchange for the risk in getting the key.

However, all we have seen @ these events is an influx of throwaway alt accounts that are ~10-30 range and are obviously built with the intention of avoiding combat to get the key. This is, of course, against the entire spirit of the event and should not be allowed.

I just went to one of these events and saw:

Level 11

Level 74

Level 36

3x Level 126

They are obvious throwaway accounts and I suggest that there is a CB requirement added to the key to encourage more active PKing and the risk for reward concept. After speaking with multiple people it also appears that my opinion is shared across the community, so I think this would be beneficial to all.

- Savitr

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:03 AM #2

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sounds like a very good idea.

Hopefully, it will stop people from snatching the key with an alt.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:50 AM #3

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Ssssh ur ruining my method....

Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:59 AM #4

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

A bunch of naked level 126 players running to the key probably wouldn't do much to help the pking either. I think there should be a risk requirement of some sort but I have no idea how practical it would be because I don't go into the wilderness that often. I completely agree with the suggestion though, there should be a requirement to pick up the bloody key.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:01 AM #5

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

A bunch of naked level 126 players running to the key probably wouldn't do much to help the pking either. I think there should be a risk requirement of some sort but I have no idea how practical it would be because I don't go into the wilderness that often. I completely agree with the suggestion though, there should be a requirement to pick up the bloody key.

A naked level 126 isn't the biggest problem though, because that means they can still be easily killed as they're un-geared. The issue with low levels is not only are they not risking anythin, they can just take the key and run. There's no risk of being attacked or tanking a team of 126s. But I see what you mean.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:08 AM #6

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards
Just bring a pure account and destroy em. I mean the wilderness is all about strategy after all. I don't support this.
Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:41 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I thought about this when the dropped keys were going to be released, will stop people from just logging on their level 3 accounts that are already sitting there waiting for key.

Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:02 PM #8

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

What measures are in place to prevent player abuse from making numerous accounts to loot bloody key spawns (multiple brand new level 3 accounts)

You should add a MAC + IP reader and a total level requirement of 1500+ to loot the keys. @ Omicron (forget the MAC / IP if it's only a singular key spawn, but keep the level requirement. Players will just make level 3 accounts and log them out at each spawn location if you don't.

You should consider having the keys skull the user(s) looting them, and make it so players cannot protect the key on death. It would prevent people from looting the key, suiciding and keeping it, and also prevent protecting a Bandos item, or an arcane by bringing nothing but the key when looting the chest. This way people won't just bring no items and just suicide loot. We'll see a more active and long lasting result w/ pkers in the areas.

Master donor perk could be an instant teleport option to the key's general location as well (possibly 30 seconds after the initial spawn to make it a reasonably fair yet beneficial perk.

--

This update now skulls users who loot the bloody key chest as well, but they can still logout immediately upon looting the chest. Once a user has looted the chest they should take continual damage (as if they were spamming a hot rock cake) while in the wilderness, this way they remain in combat and the means to escape become critical (they also can't just spam rouge's den castle stairs as they will eventually die to hitsplat damage). You could code the hit-markers to start upon bloody chest looting and have it end once a player is outside of the wilderness. If a player tried to logout inside the wilderness after looting the chest, they will receive a message stating, "You cannot logout until you leave the wilderness!" - It should also be noted that players wouldn't be able to drop the item(s) gained from the chest before they are killed, as they would be in combat. The hit-markers would stack w/ any damage taken from players.

The skull given for looting the chest should be a red bountyhunter skull w/ one key above their head, the skull would signify the person has looted the bloody key chest, and that they cannot protect any items, as their +1 protection prayer is disabled until they leave the wilderness.

Players would no longer be able to loot and immediately logout when pkers/white dots arrive due to the hit-markers keeping them in combat until they reach safety. This would make the interaction much smoother in terms of risk vs reward and players would begin bringing amour and gear to survive.

Another addition would be to have a countdown timer once the chest is clicked in which the user unlocks the chest with their key and has it consumed, and they are able to loot the chest after x amount of time. If the user doesn't loot the chest in x amount of time they lose the unlocked chest and will have to get another key. This would give pkers a chance to get to the area sooner and make the looting process riskier as it would globally announce once a player has unlocked the chest (the player would still be waiting for the chest to be lootable after the global announcement).

Post I made when the update first came out 

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:16 PM #9

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Just bring a pure account and destroy em. I mean the wilderness is all about strategy after all. I don't support this.

And then die to all the 126s... and if you're already there on your main, you can't also be there on a pure. That doesn't make any sense.

Post I made when the update first came out 

Definitely some good ideas there, thanks for posting 'em.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:46 PM #10

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

And then die to all the 126s... and if you're already there on your main, you can't also be there on a pure. That doesn't make any sense.

Definitely some good ideas there, thanks for posting 'em.

Join a clan, split the loot. There are various ways to counter this. 

Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:50 PM #11

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Join a clan, split the loot. There are various ways to counter this. 

I should not be forced to find a solution to counter the abuse of the system. Your logic is invalid. Last response I'll make. Thanks for the attempted suggestions however.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:54 PM #12

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I should not be forced to find a solution to counter the abuse of the system. Your logic is invalid. Last response I'll make. Thanks for the attempted suggestions however.

The system is not being abused. It's about being smart lol. You're basically forced to join a clan anyway if you want a chance at the key considering the high amount of clans going there now. Be smart or be out-smarted. Way of life pal.

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:09 PM #13

OwningProds
User

OwningProds

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 44m 35s

• Total level:

Great idea. I also thought of something for this as a possibility if this does not work.

What if when someone picked up the bloody key, then any combat level can then attack them?

This would provide a way for lower levels to still try it, but those naked level 3's with no risk will die like the rest of us.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:41 PM #14

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Great idea. I also thought of something for this as a possibility if this does not work.

What if when someone picked up the bloody key, then any combat level can then attack them?

This would provide a way for lower levels to still try it, but those naked level 3's with no risk will die like the rest of us.

Definitely a possibility as well!

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:49 AM #15

Yahweh
User

Yahweh
Clan: FTO

• Time spent:
      27d 11h 15m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

Had no idea this was going on.

Support.

SjRXRO5.png

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:59 AM #16

IronSheepDog
User

IronSheepDog
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      1d 23h 46s

• Total level:

support, keep level 3's from looting keys 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:34 AM #17

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

This suggestion has been added in-game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)