Yahweh
User

Yahweh
Clan: FTO

• Time spent:
      27d 11h 15m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

Castle Wars has always been my favorite minigame but you don't really see active servers with a good running Castle Wars.

Now I'm not sure how hard it would be to code Castle Wars to make it work and if you guys would even play it.

But a way I was thinking to get people to play it is obviously the rewards. I mean you guys can tell me what you think the rewards could be, the more opinions the better.

They could be cosmetics, but really good ones (Loyalty store is kinda whack  :pachaha:) or just some items unique to Alora or something (A Castle Wars pet?). Just adds more opportunities and content to the game, something to really make this minigame stand and to not flop. I do believe the rewards could hold a lot of potential and could set off Castle Wars to be a great addition to the server, it could even be used on the weekend for events for more rewards or something. 

We could have a highscores in the Castle Wars area which is ;;gamble which could display lets say, top 5 people with most kills, captures, returns, etc... maybe have a reward for the top 1-2 at the end of a season or something, the rewards don't have to be extreme, just thinking of ways to get people to actually play the damn ting. 

hqdefault.jpg hqdefault.jpg

SjRXRO5.png

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:00 AM #2

Wedz
User

Wedz
Clan: #PSO

• Time spent:
      10d 3h 55m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards
Plenty of servers have it is always supported as a suggestion so I support.

lLL3Rfd.png

Visit: | Bank Progress |  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:03 AM #3

Y0m0pk
User

Y0m0pk

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 14m 8s

• Total level:

As much as I love castle wars, I think it would be a complete waste of time coding it as I have played many server which had it coded and no one played it at all, It would be great for the first couple of days but apart from that people would only play it when events are on.

I don't mind either way what happens on this suggestion :)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:05 AM #4

Yahweh
User

Yahweh

• Time spent:
      27d 11h 15m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

As much as I love castle wars, I think it would be a complete waste of time coding it as I have played many server which had it coded and no one played it at all, It would be great for the first couple of days but apart from that people would only play it when events are on.

Yeah that's the problem I see, it dropping in usage, except for events. That's why rewards need to be sweet enough for people to grind for ;)

SjRXRO5.png

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:07 AM #5

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

The minigame itself is cool & I like it somewhat on osrs.

I just think it's too much coding/hassle to get it working that I'd rather see Omi work on other updates.

There are loads of amazing suggestions for QoL updates & stuff that I'd like to see added before this.

That said, If he were to work on this, I would support it ^^

Rewards;

There should be unique rewards here so that people actually "need" to do castle wars. Like void & pest control.

This way the minigame doesn't die out fast. As for what this could be, I have no idea.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:43 AM #6

Iron fixal
Ironman

Iron fixal

• Time spent:
      5d 22h 58m

• Total level:

Personally i don't like castle wars at all, but i get where you're coming from. And i support this, but it'll need some good ass rewards for it to be popular for more than 1 week. :)

Kind regards,

Iron Fixal

TVs3xZz.png

01/01/18

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:38 AM #7

Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards
I don't think Castle wars will be popular enough if I'm honest. Maybe for the first day or two, but I can see it dying down very quickly if it's implemented. Majority of players DO complain about lag frequently, I don't think adding a huge minigame as such is going to make that any better.

Though if it can be implemented without such troubles I wouldn't mind seeing it in-game. Though I can see it playing a huge part in the 'Events' aspect of the server.

Neutral.

"Completing the unachieveable"

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:53 AM #8

Opp Pack
User

Opp Pack

• Time spent:
      4d 21h 36m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT MY FRIEND

5171512848346269c.png?width=400&height=7

RAKYsc3.png?width=400&height=240

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:07 AM #9

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

I'm gonna agree with @y0m0pk 

An update to Castle Wars, while it may be a nice feature to advertise having, it's more than likely just a waste of coding as I've seen in the majority of RSPs who implement it. It'll be popular for a few days, become extremely monotonous, boring, and eventually dead content.

Being a server that is focused much on PvM, Player v. Player opportunities are very slim as the player base tends to stray away from those activities that don't involve endlessly grinding bosses. It's unlikely the minigame would receive enough participants regularly, outside of weekend events lead by staff.

While I believe we don't need an update to Castle Wars, I also don't want to be the one to No Support something that isn't a terrible idea. Neutral.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:40 AM #10

Yahweh
User

Yahweh

• Time spent:
      27d 11h 15m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm gonna agree with @y0m0pk 

An update to Castle Wars, while it may be a nice feature to advertise having, it's more than likely just a waste of coding as I've seen in the majority of RSPs who implement it. It'll be popular for a few days, become extremely monotonous, boring, and eventually dead content.

Being a server that is focused much on PvM, Player v. Player opportunities are very slim as the player base tends to stray away from those activities that don't involve endlessly grinding bosses. It's unlikely the minigame would receive enough participants regularly, outside of weekend events lead by staff.

While I believe we don't need an update to Castle Wars, I also don't want to be the one to No Support something that isn't a terrible idea. Neutral.

Yeah that's the problem, I don't see people continuing to play it unless it has some sort of uniqueness to it, items only available from Castle Wars, maybe not just cosmetics but things that actually benefit.

SjRXRO5.png

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:40 AM #11

Xthomas
Donator

Xthomas

• Time spent:
      9h 47m 32s

• Total level:

Im just gonna support it for the love of this minigame i played it so much i was well known for it back in 2005/2004

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:38 AM #12

Jmich96
Super Donator

Jmich96

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 19m 51s

• Total level:
I love the idea of adding castle wars and a reward system to Alora and I support your idea. Unfortunately though, I don't think enough players would show interest.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:03 AM #13

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Looking at the overall feedback on this suggestion, it is going to be declined.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)