Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:27 AM #1

TaxSeazon
Super Donator

TaxSeazon
Clan: Wronghood

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 53m 30s

• Total level:

Well, i was thinking of this since @ Lowkey said the words " Dark Beast Task Ez "

What if there was an option from the slayer master to get PK Tasks ?

Like , kill a certain amount of players and you get an upgraded emblem or something like that.

Kill players with an dds in your inventory, random shit like that.

Anyone catch my drift ?

Anyone else have creative ideas to add onto this topic ?

@ Omicron

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:33 AM #2

Ransu
Extreme Donator

Ransu

• Time spent:
      1d 22h 52m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

kill 16 ironmans is my favorite task

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:33 AM #3

DontMercZerk
User

DontMercZerk

• Time spent:
      21h 59m 22s

• Total level:

I don't really understand u mean like gun game??

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:35 AM #4

TaxSeazon
Super Donator

TaxSeazon

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 53m 30s

• Total level:

I don't really understand u mean like gun game??

That would actually be an awesome idea !

Like go from dds, to dmace, to dhally . Shit like that ! That's creative bro good idea

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:44 AM #5

Lifer
User

Lifer

• Time spent:
      11h 57m 55s

• Total level:

ohhh pking tasks. like grab 1 like a slayer task ? with a rewards shop n all for pk task pts like slayer pts??

+1 FORSUREEEEEEEE

MAKE WILDY ACTIVE GUYS THIS SERVER IS #1 IMAGINE IF WE HAD A WILDY TOO THIS WOULD LEGIT BE THE ONLY RSPS THAT WOULD EVEN BE RELEVANT EVERY TYPE OF PLAYER WOULD BE HERE.

GREAT SUGGESTION FULL SUPPORT IM SURE THEY COULD CUSTOMIZE THIS AND MAKE IT POSSIBLE WITHOUT TOO MUCH EFFORT

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:50 AM #6

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

"Kill 9 skillers in the resource arena."

Ez work.

Posted Image

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:52 AM #7

Dutchie
Ex-Staff

Dutchie
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      41d 20h 1m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

Say no to pvp

af0b9bd06574175843429a509ce78092.jpg

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:00 AM #8

MADASFUK
Super Donator

MADASFUK
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      55d 6h 29m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think it would work better as an achievement type thing, maybe a daily rotating/resetting thing similar to the skill of the day, such as:

get 5 kills above x wilderness

get 5 kills in x zone

get a kill with x weapon

Get 3 kills on x spellbook

etc

These could either give upgraded emblems or just cash/random items/pkp rewards (Not huge amounts but enough for them to be worth doing)

The slayer task thing doesnt sound awful but slayer is and has always been a PvM thing and bringing it into pking doesn't seem like the best idea, imo an achievement based system would suit pking more.

I know there is already an achievement system but from what i can remember there's 1, maybe 2 PK ones. I think daily resetting PK Achievements would end up with a lot more active pking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:22 AM #9

TaxSeazon
Super Donator

TaxSeazon

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 53m 30s

• Total level:

I think it would work better as an achievement type thing, maybe a daily rotating/resetting thing similar to the skill of the day, such as:

get 5 kills above x wilderness

get 5 kills in x zone

get a kill with x weapon

Get 3 kills on x spellbook

etc

These could either give upgraded emblems or just cash/random items/pkp rewards (Not huge amounts but enough for them to be worth doing)

The slayer task thing doesnt sound awful but slayer is and has always been a PvM thing and bringing it into pking doesn't seem like the best idea, imo an achievement based system would suit pking more.

I know there is already an achievement system but from what i can remember there's 1, maybe 2 PK ones. I think daily resetting PK Achievements would end up with a lot more active pking.

I didn't necessarily mean for it gain slayer XP, i meant you just get the task from the Slayer Master.

Yes, i agree with your idea ! An achievement embedded for PKing would be a great !

Making it something similiar to the skill of the day, that would mean people would just do it one time out of the day tho, and after that it would just be empty throughout certain hours of the day.

I think it would be more interacting implementing it with the slayer master because people would just keep going back and forth getting a new task. You get what im sayin ?

What you think ?

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:50 AM #10

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:
I’m still doubtful this would raise activity because people love to grind bosses 10 hours a day but I Support.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:16 AM #11

uTorrent
Super Donator

uTorrent

• Time spent:
      164d 17h 18m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

We have a few PvP related updates coming in future updates (can't really say when as they can easily be delayed if something with a higher priority comes along). One is just a reworked tournament system but the other one is more of a time based challenge that offers PvP, skilling, and PvM tasks. The top player(s) in a week would be rewarded in some way. 

I've also resent a list of known bugs that should be fixed, so hopefully players are able to try PvP a bit via tournaments where there is little to no actual risk, then they can head out to the wilderness.

Posted Image

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:47 AM #12

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea of PvP tasks but I think there should be a slightly different approach to it. What if there were daily tasks with PvP, PvM and Skilling categories? Say we get to choose from 2 or 3 tasks a day from each category. For the sake of the thread and example, I'll stick to the PvP category. Say we accepted a PvP task and this example wanted us to get a killing blow with ddp++ in PvP (Wilderness). I believe if we added a timer to these tasks, the rewards would be sweeter and perhaps give the PvP community a slightly higher population and increase its activity. Rather than "Here's your task so do it whenever you're up to it" we add "Your task is [task here]" and the sooner players complete it, the better the reward is. The faster and better their reward, the more likely that player will enter the wilderness.

Daily tasks were added as a suggestion but I would love to see something similar for incentive. 

I also created a huge Achievements + Dailies thread as well. The dailies were based off of 2 swords 's idea. 

Just a thought but either way I'd like to see something similar so I support.

Edit: Didn't see uTorrent's reply above before replying. What are the odds of that?! Looking forward to those as well. :)

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:19 PM #13

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think this is a great idea, but I also think it takes away from what Alora aims to be; an OSRS mimic with a RSPS twist.

I think there needs to be something done for the wilderness to become more active but I don't think this is the right approach.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:57 AM #14

Ultimate Sol
Ultimate Ironman

Ultimate Sol
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      1d 14h 56m 51s

• Total level:

I think this is a great idea. Support

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:24 AM #15

Aster
Donator

Aster

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 19m 11s

• Total level:
Well as an ultimate or a hardcore, been assigned a PK task would suck. The issue with the wilderness isn't the amount of players, but overpowered gear and multi logging. There's like 10 people that play on a tber, a d scim spec and then their main.

I think PKing would be more active if the basic supplies were cheaper, such as nezzy helm and blood runes. A new player could easily bankrupt themselves after 5-6 fights. Reduced welfare gear would encourage people to fight more.

giphy.gif

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:45 AM #16

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Would like to see something in this direction, support.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:52 AM #17

Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support to any PvP updates that would increase the population of the wilderness.

My only concern is that it should be a seperate NPC than the wildy slayer master, is implemented as a daily achievement thing like Mad said, or that ironmen/classics have the option to disable PK based tasks. 

Posted Image

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:41 PM #18

TaxSeazon
Super Donator

TaxSeazon

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 53m 30s

• Total level:

Well as an ultimate or a hardcore, been assigned a PK task would suck. The issue with the wilderness isn't the amount of players, but overpowered gear and multi logging. There's like 10 people that play on a tber, a d scim spec and then their main.

I think PKing would be more active if the basic supplies were cheaper, such as nezzy helm and blood runes. A new player could easily bankrupt themselves after 5-6 fights. Reduced welfare gear would encourage people to fight more.

You wouldn't be assigned a PK task as a slayer task.

The PK Task would have its own seperate option.

Getting money on Alora is fairly easy, i don't think the gear is a problem.

If you can't afford to PK, you shouldnt be PKing at all bro

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:58 PM #19

Raji knight
User

Raji knight

• Time spent:
      4h 2m 58s

• Total level:

this is a terrible suggestion. If you really want to increase PK activity you have to have a community that would want to engage in PKing. But when I check the PK section of the forum you all act like spastics to each other and its honestly cringe. Why would I (a pretty experienced PKer on runescape) want to engage in a dead community that are cringe? Please provide me with a reason other than this suggestion that would only serve to have PKers hunt skillers/PVMers which doesn't help your current situation that you want to resolve.

e:typo

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:40 AM #20

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I can see this being a cool concept, with a few tweaks like not giving these types of achievments to ultimate or hardcore ironman. 

Support.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)