12 replies to this topic

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:20 AM #1

New sheets
User

New sheets

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 19m 23s

• Total level:

What's up guys, Sheets here bringing you my first ever guide. 
I recently discovered that there's not many in-depth guides for UIM, eventhough their gameplay is often alot different from regular ironmen. This is why i have decided to put everything i know into this guide right here. Enjoy!

This guide will be divided into 3 main articles:
1. EARLY GRINDING
2. SETTING UP FOR BOSS SLAYER
3. SKILLING METHODS

but First off, SET YOURSELF SOME GOALS!! Having goals will make sure you don't get bored and end up de-ironing to normal ironman because you can't take the hastle anymore... If you want a good example of how to set yourself some goals as an UIM, check out ::topic 28107 or use this link: (http://www.alora.io/...w-sheets-goals/).

1. EARLY GRINDING

- When you start your account, vote. Make sure you have 2fa activated so you get bonus experience to speed up your first hour as an UIM. 

- To cover all bases, i'm just going to assume you didn't recieve a starter package and just start out with a completely empty account. First thing you want to do is hit the thieving stalls and thieve yourself about 500k.

- Something i never did when starting out my UIM was grinding out the wilderness skills (mainly Mining, smithing and crafting). I really regret that so i definently advise you to do these before you start anything else. 

Get yourself a pickaxe, a hammer and an amulet mould @Pauls ironman store and pull the lever south of edge bank. This will teleport you to deep wilderness but since you're only lvl 3 you don't need to worry about pkers just yet. On your way to the resource area there will be a hellhound that can 1hitKO you so be careful. 

What to do: mine gold, smelt into bars at the lava craters and make then into amulets which you can note at the npc. Also mine about 100 iron ores and make them into knives, those will come in handy later.

TIP: You can get Varrock armour (4) in the achievement store @South edgeville to help you out.

- After you've had enough of wildy skilling you can train combat. Grab your iron knives + a leaf-bladed spear from the slayer store (= same as 2h rune scimitar) and get an easy slayer task. Train your combat stats through slayer to at least 50 ranged and 60 att, str, def. You can go further if you wish but there's no real need for that in my opinion.

TIP: Get your sexy looking UIM armour from Paul for now.

- Head back to Edgeville and go to the vote rewards shop, next to achievement shop. Buy some crystal keys with the vote points you gained early on (which is btw the only good use for vote points). Use the keys on the crystal chest inside of the bank and pray for a glory (4). If RNJesus doesn't give you any, use your slayer points for some more keys (If still not, just proceed with next steps and use vote points and slayer points until you get one).

-  Next up is hunter! You might want to pop another vote book for this one because hunter can get hella boring. Start out at Felldip hills until you're at 20-30 hunter and head out to puro puro. Catch every single impling you find, also the baby ones until you're at 65 hunter. (if you wish you can also train 63-65 at red chins). 65 Hunter will give you acces to Magpie implings which give dragon daggers. Get one!

- Dragon dagger is a good spec weapon, but you'll need a dragon scimitar aswell. For that, do the monkey madness quest. Requirements are 37 prayer (might aswell get 43 along the way) and the remainder of your iron knives. Use your dagger to kill some baby blue dragons and use their bones on an altar (there's litterally a guy called 'Altar' who hosts one in his POH 24/7). Head over to the gnome king to start the quest. Pray magic and range it, it won't hit you that way. 

- With the dragon dagger and scimitar achieved go grind out some Pest Control. I highly recommend doing this when x1.5 PC points bonus is active. If you're hard as nails and able to grind it without bonus, go for it. If not, do slayer (mountain daughter quest for decent starter slayer gear) or have a look at section 3 in this guide to see if you can't knock out any skills in the meanwhile.

You'll need Elite void top (200 pts), Elite void bottom (200 pts), void gloves (50 pts), void melee helm (60 pts), void ranger helm (60 pts) and an Ava's accumulator (10 pts) for a total of 580 points.

DO NOT GO FOR REGULAR VOID, YOU WILL REGRET IT! Elite void gives you an extra damage boost on top of a +8 prayer bonus.

- At this point, you should be in decent shape. Don't worry though, the grind isn't over just yet  ;). You will need 72 slayer for this part so work on that first. Grab your elite void with melee helm (leave the ranger helm and accumulator in there for now to save some cash later on), an anti-dragon shield and head to the asgarnian ice dungeon. Kill wyverns there and pick up the following drops: 1x Rune crossbow (u), as many adamant bolts and uncut rubies as possible and 1x Iron ores drop (200 noted). Also pick up the guams you get, clean em, drop em. You'll need lvl 3 herblore to start making any potions later on. You can always come back to this place if you run out of ruby bolts for zulrah.

TIP: Don't pick up any other supplies yet, you're gonna have to drop them anyways later on.

TIP: Mountain daughter quest for climbing boots and get an ardougne cloak (4) from achievement store for decent prayer bonus.

TIP: Use their bones on an altar until 70 prayer, after that get bonecrusher.

- If you get all those drops from wyverns, you only need a couple more things before starting zulrah. With the 200 iron ores you got you'll be making another 200 iron knives to afk train at greater demons (Dungeons teleports --> Chasm of fire downstairs). The stats I recommend before Zulrah grind are 85-90 ranged and 95+ defence. You'll also be needing food. Grab the tools and type ::fish. I'd recommend getting around 500-1000 food (only keep the monkfish and sharks). To make sure you're not burning too much, get cooking gloves from the achievement store.

- Time for Zulrah! Grind this Snake until you get either a crystal seed or a tanzanite fang. Process all the supplies you get immediately but don't stack up for long term supplies just yet. You'll most likely get the crystal seed first. If so, head to elve warriors and speak to the NPC. She will make it into a Crystal Halberd for 3M cash.

- Next you will need to suicide. Alot. Suiciding should always be done at monkey guards as they only hit 14 max and aren't agressive. Store your void, accumulator and achievement shop items in the untradeable store for now but keep your halberd. Complete the recipe for disaster quest (just kill the first one over and over, it will complete the quest eventually) to get acces to barrows gloves and drop all your supplies except for your glory (4). You're going to kill venenatis in the wilderness. Do this by 3 item-suiciding it. Keep doing this until you get red spiders eggs drop once or twice. Then move on to callisto and do the same until you get 2-3 crushed nests drops. If you haven't gotten it by then, keep going until you get the rune pouch from either one of them.

These drops will be very usefull later on.

TIP: If you got onyx at zulrah, make a fury out of it and repace the barrows gloves with the fury.

GENERAL TIPS FOR THIS SECTION: 

- After 10hrs of playtime, you can talk to Paul to autocomplete the wildy achievements. These will give you alot of achievement points.

- Use the rune pouch to store your Nature runes, Death runes and Fire runes. Those are really the only runes you'll need in my opinion.

SETTING UP FOR BOSS SLAYER

- The main grind is over with now, time for some fast and easy progress. Kill chaos druids in the edgeville dungeon for a looting bag. You'll need one as an UIM. If you want you can keep killing the Ibans Disciples after you get it. They drop Ibans staff which is very good for magic. As I stated before, suiciding should always be done at monkey guards as they're the best to do it at. To save yourself alot of money you should always drop the untradeables that you would like to keep in your inventory after suiciding. Drop them on the floor right next to where you're suiciding so you can just pick them up after you die. That way you prevent them from going to the lost item store where they cost you alot of money (Void will cost you 1m a piece and helms 500k ea for example). Also, when putting stuff in your looting bag, make sure you always note it so you can just stack that item if you obtain any more of it later. What i always do is process small amounts of supplies quickly but save up supplies for certain skills such as herblore. Put all the supplies for that skill in the bag and then suicide to get them out again at a later time when there's bonus exp and/or i have a vote book. 

- Buy back your dragon scimitar and get your dagger back at magpies. Head to barrows and start doing runs. Pick up the death runes, nature runes, adamant bolts and the rune full helm (and ofcourse the barrows items) and keep going until you get the rune platebody. 

DROPS WORTH KEEPING: Verac's plateskirt/dharok's platelegs/torag's platelegs, Karils top and bottom

TIP: you can use the Iban's blast here if you have the staff, get tome of fire from achievement store and just cast with the death runes you get. Do Desert treasure quest to get mage gear.

- Go back to wyverns to get your rune crossbow again along with some adamant bolts and rubies. Get bonecrusher if you have 70+ prayer. After Piety there's no urgence to training prayer anymore. Also pick up the rune platelegs and helm (if you didn't get it from barrows already) to complete your rune set.

- Take your rune set to the warriors guild and grind out about 700-800 tokens. Use 400 to buy the rune defender in the animator room, then head upstairs for the cyclops to get dragon defender.

- Kill spiritual mages at godwars dungeon (zammy ones are the easiest location --> cross the bridge up north) to get your dragon boots. 

- Complete the fight caves BEFORE you grind for fury. Bring melee for the entire cave, you only need ranged for the last wave which is jad. If you know the prayer switches you can also melee jad though. Get that sexy Fire cape.

- After you get the fire cape, enter the inferno part of Thzaar city and kill the lvl 149 ones for obsidian parts. If you haven't gotten any good platelegs/skirt from barrows, keep one set of obby legs. they go well with a fighter torso for excellent strength bonus. Exchange the obsidian pieces for tokkul and buy the onyx.

- Get a ring of wealth (i) as it goes with any combat style and gives you better droprate at barrows and more moneycaskets. Can do this before barrows is you want. Use the imbuement scroll for ring of wealth from the slayer rewards shop for 2250 points to imbue it. 

- Next up is the whip grind. Abyssal demons are at slayer tower (dungeon and top floor) and at kourend (multi but crowded). Get all the items I mentioned in previous steps first to make this grind easier.

- I recommend getting whip before the black mask as whip will speed up your kills at cave horrors but slayer helm won't speed up your abyssal demons kills... Unless you're skipping for abby tasks which I don't recommend cause you'll need the slayer points to imbue the helm later on. 

SKILLING METHODS (will be added later on)

14 problems but combat ain't 1

- Prayer:

Most of the tips for this skill are already in the first two sections, basicly get to 43 through baby blue dragons. Use their bones on an Altar (there's litterally a guy called 'Altar' who hosts one in his POH 24/7). After 43 you'll get alot of bones from wyverns. Use those on an Altar too up until you get to lvl 70. After that there's no real urgence to training prayer so just get bonecrusher and do slayer with it. 

You'll also get alot of d bones drops from bosses like zulrah and cerberus so it's a pretty easy 99.

- Runecrafting:

Just use the pure essence you get from pvm and bossing. Deaths are best exp/hour and are the only runes you'll really need for an UIM. Type ::thieve for the closest tele from altar to the dark mage. You don't have to type it again every time though. Look for the 'pg up' button on your keyboard. It will repeat the last thing you said.

- Construction:

Along with fletching one of the fastest 99's. You'll need about 1 inventory of normal planks, 2-3 inventories of oak planks,  250 steel bars and a vote book. That's a 99 in 20minutes right there. Do chairs and tables with the planks until 69, then do incense burners in the chapel to 99. Only struggle you'll have is getting that 10m for the house and i believe it's another 3m for the chapel.

- Agility: 

Do gnome agility course until 35. Then move on to Barbarian course until lvl 60. Lvls 60-90 at the Seers' agility rooftop course and then Ardougne rooftop course for 99. You can also do wildy course from 55 but you'd have to do that before starting combat... It's aids but it has to be done.

- Herblore:

This is a hard one for UIM. Treat it like a passive skill and just use all the herbs you get from pvm/farming to make pots. Getting secondaries can be tough. You only need:

Ranarrs (snape grass near crafting guild and another 4 spawns at ::train),

Kwuarms (Limpwurt seeds from master farmer, manually farming is fastest method as they grow very fast),

Snapdragons (red spiders eggs you got from venenatis early on. If you run out, there's 4 spawns in edge dungeon just past the chaos druids)

Dwarf weeds (Zammy wines from kq and cerberus)

Torstols (you'll get alot of these seeds. Keep them to make super combat pots later on. very late game though)

You can also do lantadymes (kq drops alot of potato cactus) for the exp but the pots are useless.

For super combat pots you'll need super defences too. Collect cadantines and camp kurasks in fremenik dungeon for white berries).

- Thieving:

Quite self-explanatory. Steal from the highest stall you can. You'll need the cash to buy back untradeables and your house. Also for fletching and instances, although not mandatory.

- Crafting: 

This is a grind. I recommend doing it passively as grinding raw gold amulets will give you a mixture aids and all kinds of other diseases... Collect every single gem you get from mining, pvm, bossing, etc. and cut them to then turn them into gold amulets. Kq is a very valuable boss once again for this because she drops stacks of 25 uncuts and 250 noted gold ore. GET MOST OF THIS SKILL DONE IN RESOURCE AREA BEFORE YOU START COMBAT!

- Fletching:

Very easy skill. Cut logs until 55 fletching, then buy broad arrow tips and unfinished broad bolts (both from slayer shop) and spam click the shit out of it. Will cost a little bit of money but nothing significant. I personally just got 99 from making rune darts for my blowpipe.

- Hunter:

This will increase the amount of aids you already got from crafting, herblore and agility. Start at Felldip hills until 20-30 hunter, then move on to puro puro until 63. After that you can move on to red chinchompa's until 99. This will take a very long time but can be made easier by getting donator status which gives acces to black chins i believe. Don't really know too much about that as i'm not a donator myself.

- Mining:

This is a rather easy skill aswell. You'll get quite some levels from doing resource area early on. After lvl 80 you can do stars. If you manage to come first, second or third (i think, not sure) to a star you'll get a massive 800k+ exp bonus which is multiplies when you have bxp. At higher lvls, just powermine adamant.

- Smithing:

Very usefull skill. You'll get alot of levels early on from resource area and making those iron knives for ranged training. Once you get to level 73 you can make all the adamant bars you get from bosses and pvm into adamant bolts. From level 89 you can make all the rune bars you get from crystal chest into rune darts for blowpipe. This will get you an easy 99.

- Fishing & Cooking: 

Fishing and cooking are linked for obvious reasons. To save space, only keep monks (early on) and sharks as a food source. You're better off fishing a big amount at once instead of running to fishing guild every other task. Monkfish from 62, Sharks from 76 (although 85 is recommended so you don't burn too many). Be sure to use cooking gloves (storeable in the lost item store, just like all achievement store items).

- Woodcutting & Firemaking:

These are also linked to eachother. Woodcutting is pretty self-explanatory (1-15 trees, 15-30 oaks, 30-45 willows, 45-60 maples, 60-75 yews, 75-90 magics and 90-99 redwoods). Magic logs, magic logs and more magic logs. These will be coming in from so many directions. Crystal keys, bosses, pvm, woodcutting, ... . Get firemaking done quickly so you can just ignore the logs and not waste slots in your looting bag.

- Farming:

This skill has the most epic pet in all of Alora. Groot looks very cool but is not easy to get. The early farming levels will fly by. Just use the seeds you get from drops and clues and only plant the ones mentioned in the herblore section. From level 75 you can do magic tree seeds for massive experience drops and a fast 99. There are 4 herb patches 

1. Canifis: experiments tele, up the ladder and walk east

2. Catherby: skilling tele, wolk north

3. Ardougne: Ardougne tele in spellbook, walk north, around the farm.

4. Falador: Walk from falador teleport in spellbook OR walk from draynor with amulet or glory teleport.

That's all for me!

Quick shoutout to the 'Iron help' cc! They're a friendly bunch and always ready to help out.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do pm me ingame or leave a comment!

Sheets out.

Edited by New sheets, 14 January 2018 - 11:24 AM.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:16 AM #2

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

Thanks for this, I'm sure this will help the beginners out a lot. Looking forward to seeing the skilling methods. 

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:36 AM #3

R e i
Veteran

R e i
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      77d 17m 31s

• Previous username:
    Pkdealer

• Total level:
    Awards

Holy moly....this is so helpfull, i will definently use this guide in my future UIM, although i have collection problem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 8/02/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator 8/03/2018

Promoted to Global Moderator 30/05/2018

Community awards - March

Most Active Ingame

Community awards - April
Most Active Ingame
Best Hybrid

Community Awards - May

Best hybrid

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:13 AM #4

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Thanks for the detailed guide.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:59 AM #5

ultSASSAFRAS
Donator

ultSASSAFRAS
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      10d 8h 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a very detailed guide and a ton of people will benefit from this. I only have one suggestion:

Add a section about the loot bag, and the whole method you use for retrieving items out of it. Also talk more about reclaiming items (esp. void) and how you can drop almost all of these items before suiciding to avoid paying to keep them in your invent, the costs pile up real quick. If a veteran UIM hadn't told me about that I would have quit the game mode a long time ago.

Great stuff man =]

Sassafrassic / ultSASSAFRAS / Sassafras

Rkn8KyS.png             

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:24 AM #6

New sheets
User

New sheets

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 19m 23s

• Total level:

This is a very detailed guide and a ton of people will benefit from this. I only have one suggestion:

Add a section about the loot bag, and the whole method you use for retrieving items out of it. Also talk more about reclaiming items (esp. void) and how you can drop almost all of these items before suiciding to avoid paying to keep them in your invent, the costs pile up real quick. If a veteran UIM hadn't told me about that I would have quit the game mode a long time ago.

Great stuff man =]

Added! tyvm for that suggestion and the feedback!

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:17 PM #7

Grevling
Donator

Grevling

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 40m 25s

• Total level:

Thanks for awesome guide!

Looking for a signature

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:28 PM #8

Coww
Classic

Coww

• Time spent:
      11d 20h 57m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

Really good guide and incredibly helpful, but I would absolutely never put myself through the hell of this game mode :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

The beautiful art above was done by @Endeavor
Main/Classic Account: Coww
Ironman Account: Another Cow

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:01 AM #9

BAMF Pinoy
Super Donator

BAMF Pinoy
Clan: #Wanderer

• Time spent:
      13d 10h 54m

• Total level:
    Awards

Wow...! That's what I call a guide lol. I would never start an UIM. just seems too much  :huh:

w0ZoCMD.png

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:13 AM #10

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice guide. A bit too much text for my taste ^_^

It's very well done though & I'm sure people starting out will find this incredibly helpful.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:52 AM #11

Yirmiyahu
Super Donator

Yirmiyahu

• Time spent:
      5h 12m 20s

• Total level:

Very very nice guide mate!

YIRMIYAHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:13 PM #12

Mewtwo
Veteran

Mewtwo

• Time spent:
      157d 18h 12m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great guide! Pretty sure it will encourage people to start playing the UIM mode. :)

Part of Alora's Dream Staff Team

Oldschool Inc.

classic_large.png Classic Mew 1.2/4.6B

hcim.png Death Loc

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:52 AM #13

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the guide! I'll be writing this down incase someone is looking for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 129 user(s)