Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:20 AM #1

HC Skunky
Banned

HC Skunky

Clan: IRONMAN OG

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 41m 31s

• Total level:

thank you for viewing a suggestion thats been talked about by a few people.

group ironman mode?

a new game mode with the ability to choose up to 3 friends (4 people total) to join you embark on a new adventure in alora, all the normal ironman restrictions.

what to expect in the group ironman mode?

a very lot of fun competing with other group ironmen for the race to rank 1 high-scores or even just to race to show off your achievements. 

a new highscores for group ironmen so the highscores main page be sorted by the groups total. so if the rank 1 team was 2 people both 2000 total, then the "Total Level" for that group would be 4000.

once you create your account and choose group ironman mode you will be prompted to join or create a clan chat which will be your group with a maximum of 4 people. your clan chat name will be your name on the high-scores.

your bank is still your own but a shared chest located somewhere in edgeville where you can share duplicated items or resources you no longer need from getting 99 stats. 

experience rates would be x8 skilling x8 combat (can be discussed)

in your clan chat you have the ability to kick people from your group for whatever reason necessary, you have up to 2 weeks to decide on your team before its permanently locked and once you kick somebody you cannot get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th person in. 

why would people in alora want this to happen?

it brings more challenges to alora, it would bring a very fun and exciting game mode even though ironman isnt for everybody. group ironman is something for everybody, those who hate the solo challenges, those who hate to solo pvm, solo skill. your friends will always be there wanting to put effort in to get your team to the top.

this thread is open to suggestions, so please feel free to comment what you think!

thanks @Flipper for the suggestion.

(i am aware of all the grammatical errors and will be working on them shortly)

Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:22 AM #2

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

Is this something the Old School RuneScape Development Team are looking into implementing to Old School RuneScape? I've heard about it from somewhere and it sounds like a brilliant idea. 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:24 AM #3

HC Skunky
Banned

HC Skunky

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 41m 31s

• Total level:

yes it is, but why can't alora be the first to release it? :D 

release it with our own community twist on how we want it to be

Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:26 AM #4

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

yes it is, but why can't alora be the first to release it? :D

release it with our own community twist on how we want it to be

I wasn't implying it shouldn't be implemented. If this was to be implemented to Alora, I do feel it would be much easier and save a lot more development time if Omicron was to wait for it to be released into Old School RuneScape first. 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:26 AM #5

Iron ixpy
Ironman

Iron ixpy

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 24m 52s

• Total level:

Big support for this. I would love to play ironman with few friends, and progress with em :)

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:27 AM #6

Flipper
User

Flipper
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      57d 19h 25m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

Is this something the Old School RuneScape Development Team are looking into implementing to Old School RuneScape? I've heard about it from somewhere and it sounds like a brilliant idea. 

It's spoke about but it's not confirmed by osrs yet I believe. No official posts on it anyway. It's a feature which is coming to RS3 and will probably follow osrs shortly after.

It seems fun and cool to think about. But how active would this game mode even be? You group up, player for a couple of weeks and then your partner gets bored and leaves you. Now you're stuck playing normal ironman.

Also, I'm not sure on the idea of "sharing xp". So you're allowed a group of 4 and all 4 have 50M woodcutting xp. That would put them at rank 1 for 200m forever? Hmm, seems odd. If this was to become a thing, I wouldn't mind the highscores main page be sorted by the groups total. so if the rank 1 team was 2 people both 2000 total, then the "Total Level" for that group would be 4000.

Although, honestly. Don't think it would be all that active on Alora.
No support, too much work for Omicron for too little players who will actively stick too it.

Edit: Ofc though, if there was high support for this then it'd be fun to see get added. I wouldn't mind seeing it with enough support.

flip2.png

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:34 AM #7

HC Skunky
Banned

HC Skunky

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 41m 31s

• Total level:

I wasn't implying it shouldn't be implemented. If this was to be implemented to Alora, I do feel it would be much easier and save a lot more development time if Omicron was to wait for it to be released into Old School RuneScape first. 

sorry i didn't mean it like i said it haha, i knew what you meant i just didnt work it correctly :Facepalm:

Also, I'm not sure on the idea of "sharing xp". So you're allowed a group of 4 and all 4 have 50M woodcutting xp. That would put them at rank 1 for 200m forever? Hmm, seems odd. If this was to become a thing, I wouldn't mind the highscores main page be sorted by the groups total. so if the rank 1 team was 2 people both 2000 total, then the "Total Level" for that group would be 4000.

yeah this seems more productive, i was very unsure on the whole shared experience thing but its what somebody suggested to me so i thought i'd throw it in.

also if people who are eagerly waiting for this to be released on osrs and rs3 they could see it on the vote sites and it may increase the player base from friends on different servers. so it may not be just a group of aloras current players competing it has a possibility to bring other people from other servers to try it out and lets be fair once people start playing alora there is no stopping haha.

Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:50 AM #8

Deluxe visio
Donator

Deluxe visio

• Time spent:
      5d 19h 24m 15s

• Total level:

You might as well just play a normal account, I really don't see the point of this going anywhere and it'd just end up becoming dead content as mentioned above. 

( Isn't the point of being an iron man to play completely alone anyways? )

dawson-sig1515911425.gif

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:56 AM #9

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

This has been suggested several times before and the likelihood of it passing has always been slim to none. The creation of new game modes causes further separation between the community and the idea behind it is unnecessary. We already have several different gamemodes available, all with their own challenges and adventures. No Support.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:37 PM #10

Bulliedx
User

Bulliedx

• Time spent:
      1d 40m 26s
iron man = solo man. no fk support

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:42 PM #11

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't see the point in this. I also feel like it would die out very quickly.

• 40a likes this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:46 PM #12

Coww
Classic

Coww

• Time spent:
      11d 20h 57m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

I feel like this is essentially just Classic mode with further restrictions on trade. Just find some friends, make Classic accounts, and follow these rules you've suggested here. Because an entire gamemode being created for this seems like overkill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The beautiful art above was done by @Endeavor
Main/Classic Account: Coww
Ironman Account: Another Cow

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:00 PM #13

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

I will have to kindly say that this is a no support from me. 

Why? Well, there are two reasons:

1) Although we have a good player count, it is not nearly enough to keep something like ''group iron-man'' alive, so it would be wasted effort on @Omicrons end.

2) As a comped iron-man myself who is trying to climb the ranks(@Softcore 40a), I do find that getting burnt out on Alora is pretty easy. I've seen lots of end-game Iron-men quit or take long breaks because they have achieved everything in such a short time. What I see happening is that one by one, most people who you have created the group with will quit/de-iron to stake. What will happen then? Well, you will be left as an ordinary iron-man on a different high-score board. 

I can see this happening on OSRS one day because they have such a significantly larger player base that will keep the game-mode alive, but it will quickly become dead content on Alora.

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:15 PM #14

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I know based on watching the sit-downs for OSRS that group-ironman is wanted but is fairly difficult to code into the game. I know for most big content updates Alora usually follows OSRS seeing as our content is based off of it. I would love to see group ironman because I think it would be a neat idea but I just don't see it being possible or added in the near future. Possibly if OSRS manages to add it into OSRS we could eventually see it, but I wouldn't count on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:47 PM #15

Air Rune
Ironman

Air Rune

• Time spent:
      16h 16m 55s

• Total level:

I feel like this is essentially just Classic mode with further restrictions on trade. Just find some friends, make Classic accounts, and follow these rules you've suggested here. Because an entire gamemode being created for this seems like overkill.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's basically classic mode.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:44 AM #16

Aster
Donator

Aster

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 19m 11s

• Total level:
There's been talks about this on every runescape platform. IMO this is a better idea then Classic mode and should have been brought out instead. Classic modes eco is already ruined from revs and is mainly used to make money for normal mode.

I'd 100% support duo iron man mode.

giphy.gif

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:23 AM #17

Iron Bier
Ironman

Iron Bier
Clan: Iron help

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 25m 5s

• Total level:

Sounds awesome! support this  idea!

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:02 AM #18

R e i
Veteran

R e i
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      77d 16h 40m 29s

• Previous username:
    Pkdealer

• Total level:
    Awards

I'l no support for this for the fact we've got UIM, HC, Ironman and even Classic gamemodes , making another gamemode would be just dead content in my opinion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 8/02/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator 8/03/2018

Promoted to Global Moderator 30/05/2018

Community awards - March

Most Active Ingame

Community awards - April
Most Active Ingame
Best Hybrid

Community Awards - May

Best hybrid

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:16 PM #19

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Judging by the mostly negative feedback I don't think this would be a good idea to add to the suggestions list.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)