6 replies to this topic

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:21 AM #1

Badass main
Extreme Donator

Badass main

• Time spent:
      3d 20h 35m 31s

• Total level:

While i completely support people making videos and wanting to share it with others, it's gotten to the point where some people are just spamming yell with it. 

The current rule is 15 seconds between each message with or without an auto typer. I suggest that auto typers should not be allowed in yell chat. It causes people to see advertisements for hours upon hours without a way to turn it off without actually turning off yell chat completely.

And if that's too far, i suggest you change the interval to 2-5 minutes for auto typer in ::yell

Thanks for reading and hopefully something is done about this.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:32 AM #2

Onox
User

Onox

• Time spent:
      17d 48m 1s

• Total level:

I don't know if it's been fixed since then, but a month ago some guy was spamming his videos nonstop. Not even putting him on ignore would stop you from  seeing his spam. It was very annoying.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:34 AM #3

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 6h 40m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

While i completely support people making videos and wanting to share it with others, it's gotten to the point where some people are just spamming yell with it. 

The current rule is 15 seconds between each message with or without an auto typer. I suggest that auto typers should not be allowed in yell chat. It causes people to see advertisements for hours upon hours without a way to turn it off without actually turning off yell chat completely.

And if that's too far, i suggest you change the interval to 2-5 minutes for auto typer in ::yell

Thanks for reading and hopefully something is done about this.

Perhaps I can add a system which checks your last 5-10 yells and makes sure that none of them are identical to the current one you're trying to type. Of course there are ways around this, but at least it'll make it clear that there is a 2 minute spam rule for repetitive messages.

The only problem I can think of is that if you type something like "Lol" or "Yes" twice it could block you from sending your yell.. we'll have to find a workaround for those types of responses.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:45 AM #4

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sounds like a good idea. Not sure how hard it will be to implement and prevent manipulating the system ^_^

I think a revision to the rule might be needed to make sure people don't abuse it.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:22 AM #5

Bergen
Super Donator

Bergen

• Time spent:
      2d 5h 27m 10s

• Total level:

Yes. Please. 

I reacted to this yesterday when i was just afk mining, the entire yell was only 3-4 people advertising their videoes over and over, and ofcourse its a good thing they are promoting the server, but at one point it gets too far.

Curious on my ingame progress? Check it out here: http://www.alora.io/...0-future-goals/

wsmyc.jpg

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:15 PM #6

Yuichi
Extreme Donator

Yuichi

• Time spent:
      1d 21h 2m 58s

• Total level:

Perhaps I can add a system which checks your last 5-10 yells and makes sure that none of them are identical to the current one you're trying to type. Of course there are ways around this, but at least it'll make it clear that there is a 2 minute spam rule for repetitive messages.

The only problem I can think of is that if you type something like "Lol" or "Yes" twice it could block you from sending your yell.. we'll have to find a workaround for those types of responses.

That would be the best solution I guess.

Support.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:16 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seeing as this is on Omicron's radar I am going to close this thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)