Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:12 PM #1

Badass Iron
Extreme Donator

Badass Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 4h 41m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

I believe the current 15 second timer between Auto typer messages is too quick, especially when

it goes on for numerous hours (that's 240 messages an hour), i believe the timer should be raised

to 60 seconds but only for people advertising their youtube channels, thus to not disrupt the flow of

people buying/selling/chatting.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:19 PM #2

F 8
Ex-Staff

F 8

• Time spent:
      180d 20h 10m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Fair i support this but either way people will still complain about the afk auto typing.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:23 PM #3

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

I feel the current 15 second rule is fine in most cases. However, there are particular outliers where an increased timer would be handy. I feel like after a certain point the message needs to either change, or needs to become less frequent. However, it is difficult to determine when that "certain point" is and how strict we would want to be about the increase in time/change in message. Hopefully this will spark a conversation in order to allow the staff team to see what players think.

Posted Image

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:26 PM #4

Badass Iron
Extreme Donator

Badass Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 4h 41m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

I feel the current 15 second rule is fine in most cases. However, there are particular outliers where an increased timer would be handy. I feel like after a certain point the message needs to either change, or needs to become less frequent. However, it is difficult to determine when that "certain point" is and how strict we would want to be about the increase in time/change in message. Hopefully this will spark a conversation in order to allow the staff team to see what players think.

I like your views on the situation, however, i feel this will be a greatly positive change for the community. This will allow a 75% reduction in spam (from 240 to 60 messages an hour) and would not affect the general population, while at the same time still giving youtubers that freedom to reach out for views/subscribers.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:32 PM #5

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like your views on the situation, however, i feel this will be a greatly positive change for the community. This will allow a 75% reduction in spam (from 240 to 60 messages an hour) and would not affect the general population, while at the same time still giving youtubers that freedom to reach out for views/subscribers.

My problem with in general 60 seconds between advertisements is it would make edge bank nearly a wasteland for people trying to sell their items. It would essentially force you to use the trading post because one message every 60 seconds just simply isn't enough for a bank sale or something similar. This is why I recommend a change after a certain point, to allow the game to go on unaffected for most people, while the long term afk auto-typers have to wait longer.

Posted Image

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:36 PM #6

Badass Iron
Extreme Donator

Badass Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 4h 41m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

My problem with in general 60 seconds between advertisements is it would make edge bank nearly a wasteland for people trying to sell their items. It would essentially force you to use the trading post because one message every 60 seconds just simply isn't enough for a bank sale or something similar. This is why I recommend a change after a certain point, to allow the game to go on unaffected for most people, while the long term afk auto-typers have to wait longer.

As i have mentioned in my original post, i believe this 60 second timer should ONLY be for youtube advertisers. I do not wish to have trading killed.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:50 PM #7

Protip
Donator

Protip

• Time spent:
      3d 16h 11m 44s

• Total level:

I would be good with just disallowing autotyping period. 60 seconds would be better than nothing. If it is important enough that you think you need to spam me with it every minute then it should be important enough for you to type out. Would also be awesome if ignore worked so I could just block the spammers anyway.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:07 PM #8

Team Mystic
Donator

Team Mystic

• Time spent:
      8h 13m 52s

• Total level:

I'll be completely honest, I was surprised when I joined and found out auto typing was allowed but I digress as auto typing being allowed is not the topic.

I have no problem with content creators getting videos out there for people to watch them. The more views they get, the more outside exposure they will get, which in turn means the more people we will get to try out the server and potentially stay long term. With that being said, the way it is now is borderline spam. There must be a happy median where the content creators on this server can get their videos out there without annoying people.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:13 PM #9

Ye its me
Super Donator

Ye its me
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      6d 1h 17m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

they should follow the same yell rules as everyone else. if i use my 15s timer to repeat the same thing i get muted. support

Posted Image

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:16 AM #10

Onox
User

Onox

• Time spent:
      17d 48m 1s

• Total level:

Their messages also still come through in public chat while they're on your ignore if they have the youtuber rank.

I'd really like this fixed.

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:38 AM #11

Sk1nz
Donator

Sk1nz
Clan: Ice cc

• Time spent:
      11d 5h 49m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally never spam videos at home or in chats, support.

5wwWLM1.png

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:48 AM #12

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

As long as players are sending messages 15 seconds apart this is fine.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)