Dumbshit
Official Graphics Designer

Dumbshit
Clan: Designers

• Time spent:
      58d 12h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

For gods sakes my man change the background of the text you're using to instruct others, it hurts. The most basic thing a designer should do when creating tutorials is being thoughtful of people who have issues with things such as reading as there's people who have different casualties with reading. It can range from colourblindness to things like using fonts that isn't quite readable. If you're going to make guides such as these, I'd suggest you use Sans-serif based fonts as it makes it easier for everybody.

Otherwise nice guide, I'm sure it'll help others, mostly people who are most fond of learning photoshop since this covers alot of basic backgrounding. Atleast there's some variety now since we actually do have alot of 3d designs going on the gfx section of our forums (such as mine and Yoshua's as an example)

Just a quick tip though: Could you like, not be so angry or be filled with spite against other designers, there's literally nothing good comming from it. If you could just be relaxed and treat ppl with a bit more respect that'd be great bro. We're all humans with feelings and instead of being angry and spiteful to those who prefers C4D, give them some CnC! Like tell them how they should do varietys and what they should focus on so that there's not just any " moshitters" or however you claimed it.

To make a change to a person, show support and dedication and show them why making things such as tags being worth it, instead of being spiteful and being filled with hate towards those who design with other tools such as C4D.

test.png

cbT56DV.png

Forum awards:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:33 AM #3

breakup
Classic

breakup

• Time spent:
      22h 3m 43s

• Total level:

For gods sakes my man change the background of the text you're using to instruct others, it hurts. The most basic thing a designer should do when creating tutorials is being thoughtful of people who have issues with things such as reading as there's people who have different casualties with reading. It can range from colourblindness to things like using fonts that isn't quite readable. If you're going to make guides such as these, I'd suggest you use Sans-serif based fonts as it makes it easier for everybody.

Otherwise nice guide, I'm sure it'll help others, mostly people who are most fond of learning photoshop since this covers alot of basic backgrounding. Atleast there's some variety now since we actually do have alot of 3d designs going on the gfx section of our forums (such as mine and Yoshua's as an example)

Just a quick tip though: Could you like, not be so angry or be filled with spite against other designers, there's literally nothing good comming from it. If you could just be relaxed and treat ppl with a bit more respect that'd be great bro. We're all humans with feelings and instead of being angry and spiteful to those who prefers C4D, give them some CnC! Like tell them how they should do varietys and what they should focus on so that there's not just any " moshitters" or however you claimed it.

To make a change to a person, show support and dedication and show them why making things such as tags being worth it, instead of being spiteful and being filled with hate towards those who design with other tools such as C4D.

You aren't using C4D as a whole, you're simply using MoText and an extremely short list of plugins. I'll never respect designers who put themselves on a pedestal for making motext, there is no skill whatsoever involved in it, there is no creativity (your signature has been made by hundreds of other people, same plugin used and everything, there's even a tutorial on it on youtube), and there's no style lol. I've been seeing the same shit in these sections for 4+ years, so it's quite annoying for me. I can't give you CnC on a motext text, there's not enough creativity in it for me to give criticism. Wait, maybe there's one, learn how to use a light room?

As for the font, I have astigmatism and I used that font so I could read it before I had my glasses. I don't really see how being color blind would effect reading my plain white text? The text is perfectly readable and I'm quite blind. Also, this tutorial is about a year or so old.

ezgif_4252756113_by_ztrinity-dak24uu.gif

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:38 AM #4

rip joey
Veteran

rip joey
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      64d 1h 59m 57s

• Previous username:
    Joey

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks I guess if I ever wanna get weird

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:43 AM #5

Dumbshit

Dumbshit

• Time spent:
      58d 12h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

You aren't using C4D as a whole, you're simply using MoText and an extremely short list of plugins. I'll never respect designers who put themselves on a pedestal for making motext, there is no skill whatsoever involved in it, there is no creativity (your signature has been made by hundreds of other people, same plugin used and everything, there's even a tutorial on it on youtube), and there's no style lol. I've been seeing the same shit in these sections for 4+ years, so it's quite annoying for me. I can't give you CnC on a motext text, there's not enough creativity in it for me to give criticism. Wait, maybe there's one, learn how to use a light room?

As for the font, I have astigmatism and I used that font so I could read it before I had my glasses. I don't really see how being color blind would effect reading my plain white text? The text is perfectly readable and I'm quite blind. Also, this tutorial is about a year or so old.

Just by saying " You aren't using C4D as a whole, you're simply using MoText and an extremely short list of plugins " Just proves how clueless you are about my work, so I'd rather not argue with you on that point.

And I'm not saying you can't read the text bcz of it's colour, but thing is alot of ppl have reading problems so they need a font that's readable. Sans-serif fonts is something that's supported by everyone to make a healthy design :)

test.png

cbT56DV.png

Forum awards:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:17 AM #6

breakup
Classic

breakup

• Time spent:
      22h 3m 43s

• Total level:

Just by saying " You aren't using C4D as a whole, you're simply using MoText and an extremely short list of plugins " Just proves how clueless you are about my work, so I'd rather not argue with you on that point.

And I'm not saying you can't read the text bcz of it's colour, but thing is alot of ppl have reading problems so they need a font that's readable. Sans-serif fonts is something that's supported by everyone to make a healthy design :)

The reason why you don't want to argue with me on that point is because you know I'm right. I've used cinema 4d, I've watched many tutorials that show exactly what you make. It's a few plugins, unique materials (from a pack), a shitty light room (probably from a pack, if you even use light rooms), and obviously a downloaded font. Nothing new, nothing unique. 

I myself have reading problems and I can read it just fine, I think you were just looking for something to complain about. 

I don't mean to come off rude with my posts, but as you can probably tell I'm quite tired of motext 'designers' that think their work is all that because clueless people praise your work. 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:22 AM #7

Dumbshit

Dumbshit

• Time spent:
      58d 12h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

The reason why you don't want to argue with me on that point is because you know I'm right. I've used cinema 4d, I've watched many tutorials that show exactly what you make. It's a few plugins, unique materials (from a pack), a shitty light room (probably from a pack, if you even use light rooms), and obviously a downloaded font. Nothing new, nothing unique. 

I myself have reading problems and I can read it just fine, I think you were just looking for something to complain about. 

I don't mean to come off rude with my posts, but as you can probably tell I'm quite tired of motext 'designers' that think their work is all that because clueless people praise your work. 

I'm not arguing with you about it because you're too in-denial about it + i see no point in it either. And no, you're not actually correct since everything i do is hand made from scratch including both materials and designs (excluding font downloads)

And actually, sans-serif is something that should always be used when guiding or want somebody to read it when thinking about a public as whole, if you don't believe it feel free to google it.

I understand that you don't like so called "motext designers" but honestly, there's no reason in getting angry against other people who enjoy their work. They don't give two simple fucks if it's easy to make or hard to make, they want quality good designs that they themselves enjoy, not what others do.

And by saying this " I've watched many tutorials that show exactly what you make. It's a few plugins, unique materials (from a pack), a shitty light room (probably from a pack, if you even use light rooms), and obviously a downloaded font. Nothing new, nothing unique. " you're just really clueless about the work i do. Not every C4D designers abuse plugins and use shitty downloaded lightrooms from others.

Anyways. I don't want to continue on this topic since it's not related with the guide itself, but all I'm saying bro is that not all C4D designers abuse plugins and do fuckall.

If you wanna continue talking about this topic, we can pm eachother through discord or just forums pm, but i mean no offense towards you nor your work, it's just a bit annoying that you pull all C4D designers to one edge.

test.png

cbT56DV.png

Forum awards:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:06 AM #8

breakup
Classic

breakup

• Time spent:
      22h 3m 43s

• Total level:

I'm not arguing with you about it because you're too in-denial about it + i see no point in it either. And no, you're not actually correct since everything i do is hand made from scratch including both materials and designs (excluding font downloads)

And actually, sans-serif is something that should always be used when guiding or want somebody to read it when thinking about a public as whole, if you don't believe it feel free to google it.

I understand that you don't like so called "motext designers" but honestly, there's no reason in getting angry against other people who enjoy their work. They don't give two simple fucks if it's easy to make or hard to make, they want quality good designs that they themselves enjoy, not what others do.

And by saying this " I've watched many tutorials that show exactly what you make. It's a few plugins, unique materials (from a pack), a shitty light room (probably from a pack, if you even use light rooms), and obviously a downloaded font. Nothing new, nothing unique. " you're just really clueless about the work i do. Not every C4D designers abuse plugins and use shitty downloaded lightrooms from others.

Anyways. I don't want to continue on this topic since it's not related with the guide itself, but all I'm saying bro is that not all C4D designers abuse plugins and do fuckall.

If you wanna continue talking about this topic, we can pm eachother through discord or just forums pm, but i mean no offense towards you nor your work, it's just a bit annoying that you pull all C4D designers to one edge.

I didn't make the tutorial for the masses, I made it specifically for one person that asked for it over a year ago. The tutorial itself is a design by me and I'll create it however I see fit, if they don't want to read it because of a font then that's their own problem. With that being said the font is clearly readable to me without my glasses and I can't legally drive without them. 

Making materials isn't a complicated or hard thing to do, unless you're making your own detailed textured materials (which your not) I would actually recommend downloading material packs. With some things there's just no point doing everything from scratch yourself if the resources are already available to you. 

I never said I was mad at people, I said I was annoyed. It's one thing if they just enjoyed a piece, it's another thing if they call every single creation under the sun "amazing". Like the DS2 logo you made, it was horrid. Never ever use bevel like that please god. But there were so many that called it amazing, in no way would I have allowed that on this forum. I would've just created something for them to use so they don't look so damn unprofessional. 

Everyone has their own opinion, but it's not right to give praise to someone who doesn't deserve it. You're giving them false hope and false experience. The person receiving the compliments will think they're hot shit when in reality they're garbage and any monkey with 2 toes could do better. 

Just my opinion though. 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:32 AM #9

Dumbshit

Dumbshit

• Time spent:
      58d 12h 48m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

I didn't make the tutorial for the masses, I made it specifically for one person that asked for it over a year ago. The tutorial itself is a design by me and I'll create it however I see fit, if they don't want to read it because of a font then that's their own problem. With that being said the font is clearly readable to me without my glasses and I can't legally drive without them. 

Making materials isn't a complicated or hard thing to do, unless you're making your own detailed textured materials (which your not) I would actually recommend downloading material packs. With some things there's just no point doing everything from scratch yourself if the resources are already available to you. 

I never said I was mad at people, I said I was annoyed. It's one thing if they just enjoyed a piece, it's another thing if they call every single creation under the sun "amazing". Like the DS2 logo you made, it was horrid. Never ever use bevel like that please god. But there were so many that called it amazing, in no way would I have allowed that on this forum. I would've just created something for them to use so they don't look so damn unprofessional. 

Everyone has their own opinion, but it's not right to give praise to someone who doesn't deserve it. You're giving them false hope and false experience. The person receiving the compliments will think they're hot shit when in reality they're garbage and any monkey with 2 toes could do better. 

Just my opinion though. 

I think it's more based on what kind of designer it is, like as an example: a person that uses thrausi at every single signature with absolutely 0 lightroom effects nor any ps touchups and act like he's the best. I know what you mean by that, but i think your opinion is based more upon " typical" c4d designers. Fortunely there's not many left, and if you're refferring to me i don't think I'm hotshit for a minute, i always have something new to learn, that's how the process works of being a designer.

And about the DS2 logo, that was like, the very first attempt on using PS with the text edits so i was quite new when i did that, so I apologize that I'm not that proffesional at an early stage. But through time, I'll develop, which all ppl do when they set their mind to the task.

Oh and btw, i do make hard textured materials, i just don't use them frequently for when ppl request a cheaper signature than expensive. I mostly use hard made materials towards creating models or backgrounds. I tend to use materials not on the text, but on objects such as platonics which can create lots of different shapes. I tend to bend the materials i have with the help of alot of different models that C4D has to offer like the platonic as an example. With this i try to make different designs everytime, i even 3d model my own things and use them on texts to make it unique. That's why i kinda got annoyed when you claimed that i only use plugins, when i hate that shit with my whole heart. The only time i'd ever even touch a plugin is perhaps if i want something really small detailed. I never want the plugin itself to sorta be the " star" of the signature if you know what i mean.

test.png

cbT56DV.png

Forum awards:

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)