Photo

Expansion of Chamber of Xeric

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Expansion of Chamber of Xeric (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Shortcuts

1. Yes (22 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

2. No (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Overload timer

1. Yes (26 votes [92.86%])

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

2. No (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Crab Puzzle

1. Yes (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Guardians

1. Yes (19 votes [67.86%])

Percentage of vote: 67.86%

2. No (9 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

Vespula

1. Yes (16 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No (12 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Randomize the rooms of Raids

1. Yes (21 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:47 PM #1

Pacmale
Classic

Pacmale
Clan: #CLC

• Time spent:
      31d 9h 45m

• Total level:
    Awards

Raids is a great addition to this server, however, in my opinion, there's quite a few things we could add to make it more entertaining and to ensure people stick to raiding. It isn't as active as it should be. Raids on Alora is a linear progression currently, similar to Pest Control. I'd love to see more variety by adding puzzles and perhaps even an additional boss room. 

These rooms would be randomized ensuring that not every raid you do is the same. You would need a good team with a good strategy for the rooms.

Shortcuts

Shortcuts in large ruin chambers; scavenger rooms (requiring Woodcutting, Mining and Strength if the obstacle is a rotten sapling, rock or boulder respectively).

Overload timer

The boost actived by this potion lasts 5 minutes. It'd be lovely to have a timer, informing us when the overload nearly runs out. Right now, we got a text message in the chat. This can easily be skipped over when focusing on Olm.

Crab Puzzle (click)

The crystals on the crabs can be attacked to change colour; red for melee, blue for magic, and ranged for green. The white orb you see must be reflected off the crabs in the room to hit the crystals. Every time the light orb bounces off of the NPC, it changes colour. You may need up to 3 "bounces" or "reflects" to pass to hit every crystal. You must hit it with an opposite coloured ball of energy (white for the black crystal, blue for the yellow crystal, green for the magenta crystal, and red for the cyan crystal). Once all crystals are turned white, all the crabs die, and the large crystal blocking the door into deeper dungeons disappears.

Guardians (click)

Two Guardian statues are guarding a passageway deeper into the chambers. The statues must be destroyed, as they will shove players away from the passageway if they try to get pass them. They can only be harmed through pickaxes; all other sources of damage will not count. Chambers of Xeric - Guardian statue Players attacking the guardian statues. The guardians attack with a cleaving melee attack and can occasionally stomp the ground, dealing moderate to heavy damage in a 3x3 area. When the guardian dies, it will drop various seeds. Due to the guardians' stomping attack, it is highly recommended to flinch them to reduce the amount of damage taken. When flinching, run two tiles south of the guardian so that you will not be hit by its stomp attack.

Vespula (click)

The chamber contains lux grubs, which need to be fed medivaemia blossoms, which are also found in the same chamber. The grubs have a health bar, which will constantly degrade. If their health reaches 0, they will turn into vespine soldiers, fully healing both Vespula and the portal. For this reason, it is recommended that at least one member of the team focuses solely on feeding blossoms to the grubs. When Vespula reaches 20% of its health, she will stop flying, and can only be harmed with melee. During this time, the team should focus their attacks on the abyssal portal. Enchanted ruby bolts can be very effective against the portal. After a short time, Vespula will go back to flying, and the team should refocus on her. While it is possible to attack the portal at any time, it will cause Vespula to become enraged, using her stinger to attack anyone nearby for high damage. This can be avoided by staying away from melee distance or going under her, though doing the latter will cause rapid stomp damage of up to 8 per tick instead. When the portal is destroyed, Vespula and the lux grubs will fall with it, ending the encounter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A.K.A Pacwhale Solo EIM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:52 PM #2

Niska
Hardcore Ironman

Niska
Clan: Catholic Church

• Time spent:
      7d 9h 51m

• Total level:

Id like to randomize

Also Vespula I kinda like it but the thing is nobody on osrs does vespula

You got this randomize thing right what they do is they start a raid, they check for vespula, if not, they do the raid, if there is vespula they quit and start a new one kinda kills it and does my dad really want to put much time in this vespula for such a small audience, I don't really think so

The rest idk what that is crab puzzle etc imma let this one go for the experts I guess

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:57 PM #3

Vespina
Banned

Vespina

Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 52m 42s

• Previous username:
    Classic joke

• Total level:
    Awards

i like this suggestion a lot. It gets to boring and repeatitive doing the same rooms over again in the same sequence. It would also be nice to see different rooms in raids. I am getting very bored grinding the twisted bow for pretty much for this reason :) You have my support!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:02 PM #4

Classymate
Classic

Classymate
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      24d 5h 36m

• Total level:

i like this suggestion a lot. It gets to boring and repeatitive doing the same rooms over again in the same sequence. It would also be nice to see different rooms in raids. I am getting very bored grinding the twisted bow for pretty much for this reason :) You have my support!

Pretty much what Joke said. Support!

2018-04-28_18-48-16.gif

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:36 PM #5

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

I love it all but I can 100% live without the crab puzzle, haha. 

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:38 PM #6

ultSASSAFRAS
Donator

ultSASSAFRAS
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      10d 8h 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

+1 to randomizing the rooms, would be the best way to reduce some monotony doing multiple raids in a row

Sassafrassic / ultSASSAFRAS / Sassafras

Rkn8KyS.png             

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:36 AM #7

rip joey
Veteran

rip joey
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      64d 1h 59m 57s

• Previous username:
    Joey

• Total level:
    Awards

Randomize is good but if the average raid will take longer , because of this perhaps they might combine this update with a rewards rework

support

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:45 AM #8

Rangerboots
Donator

Rangerboots

• Time spent:
      27d 5h 21m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Love the randomisation and overload timer suggestions. Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:22 AM #9

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I would love to see this implemented in our raids....all of them except the crab puzzle, i hate that one =/

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:29 AM #10

Badass Iron
Extreme Donator

Badass Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 4h 41m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Please no vespula, she's legit cancer to deal with and just makes raids less enjoyable

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:57 AM #11

Pacmale
Classic

Pacmale
Clan: #CLC

• Time spent:
      31d 9h 45m

• Total level:
    Awards

Randomize is good but if the average raid will take longer , because of this perhaps they might combine this update with a rewards rework

support

Please no vespula, she's legit cancer to deal with and just makes raids less enjoyable

I also posted something about the point system in raids (click). If it'd require a revamp, increasing chances of receiving an unique drop, it'd be obvious that raids needs to be harder too. 

However, it's the exact reason why I added a poll. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A.K.A Pacwhale Solo EIM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:05 PM #12

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

Voted yes to all but 2, which were the crab puzzle and Vespula. 

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:35 AM #13

Tyanx
Ex-Staff

Tyanx
Clan: Free Spirit

• Time spent:
      21d 20h 29m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards

Randomization and Overload timers sound like solid ideas, the additional rooms/challenges would also benefit to enrich the experience of those who dwell into that place often. It is something that could be worked in slowly piece by piece, to not cause too great of a load on the dev's. But nonetheless, I believe it is something that could only bring about positive things.

Therefore I back this suggestion.

Regards

Tyanx

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 08/04/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator - 18/05/2018

Spoiler

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:09 PM #14

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Although I have a feeling that this will become obsolete, or at least less-used once Raids 2 comes out I feel that this is a good suggestion. I don't think that there will be an update for our Raids for a long time but for the sake of it I will add it to the list.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 24 user(s)