• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:21 PM #1

Forum Ninja
User

Forum Ninja

• Time spent:
      1d 14h 27m 49s

Whether you or someone you know has died as a HCIM to either game glitches, server disconnections, or other reasons that were out of your control, it would be nice to have something implemented to prevent unfair deranking of HCIM. I'm not saying that every HCIM death should be reversed or prevented, because that would defeat the purpose of the game mode... and I know that some people will say "that's the risk you take for playing that game mode" ... but hear me out.

What is your suggestion?: I'm suggesting that upon a HCIM death, that account either gets jailed or auto-logged off for X amount of time (12 hours, 24 hours, etc) while maintaining the HCIM rank so that a staff member can review the death with any applicable logs or video/photo/witness evidence provided. If nothing is provided to the staff team within that time frame, then the HCIM rank is auto-deranked just like it is right now and the account is playable as a regular ironman - no difference. However, if the evidence or logs etc proves that the death was unfair because of something out of the players control, then the HCIM rank remains on the account and it is playable from where it left off.

For this to work there would definitely need to be clear detailed information provided to every HCIM on what kind of deaths are NOT negotiable or able to be reviewed, so that the staff team isn't spammed with deaths that aren't worthy of being overturned/prevented.

Is this in OSRS?: No.

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No.

How would this benefit Alora?: No more unfair HCIM deaths and players getting upset at the server & or quitting.

This was just an initial thought so if anyone comes up with something better, that'd be great! Thanks for reading.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:02 PM #2

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

No.

Ranks are only returned on very rare occasions with concrete, player-provided proof. The staff team already works enough, don't need to add an unnecessary additional task.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:37 AM #3

aLIEz
User

aLIEz

• Time spent:
      2d 12h 35m 8s

• Total level:
To add to the above, deaths in OSRS are never investigated or reviewed and no matter why a person died have a HCIM status been returned. No support.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:13 AM #4

Jake M
Super Donator

Jake M

• Time spent:
      10d 19h 12m 3s

• Total level:

I feel as though it would be possible to bluff your way through a system like this.

I think the current setup now is good. Also knowing you MAY get your status reimbursed takes away from the game mode itself. 

Posted Image

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:25 AM #5

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

If a player proves that the death was at the fault of the server rather than their own it is handled as a special case. Having to review every single case is simply too much.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)