20 replies to this topic

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:21 AM #1

EIM Cevol
Elite Ironman

EIM Cevol

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 39m 49s

• Total level:

Heya folks, I've been playing Alora for a hot minute now and one area I've always wanted to see get a little love is the Pest Control mini-game. It's part of our shared experience here, pretty much everyone has ground out their full void at PC, but we also know how empty the island is during weekdays and times where there are no ongoing bonus events. Once we've gotten our void sets, there's no incentive to ever going back to pest control, which is a bummer because - 

1.5x Pest control points is a regular weekend event

Bonus pest control points are a donor perk that is effectively useless once you've gotten void/torso

The minigame can be a fun way to sink some time, but it's a 'one-time per account' type of minigame.

It would be cool to see a few new rewards be added to the commendations store to incentivize players who've gotten their void to return to the island - a few I'd personally like to suggest and open up to feedback:

Herb Packs - A box containing a random assortment of grimy herbs

Mineral Packs - A box containing some coal and ores (in OSRS this is iron ore, but in Alora perhaps the rewards could be slanted towards higher tiers)

Seed Packs - A box containing some random seeds (again, some higher-tier seeds on the droptable would be a cool alternative gathering method for slower gamemodes)

Cosmetic/Pet rewards - A few unique cosmetics in the shop and/or a cool pest control only pet would be a neat addition to the shop.

Secondaries Packs - A box containing herblore secondaries. This would be awesome to have - ironmen are still stuck picking up many of their herblore secondaries. Snape grass, mort myre fungus, etc. Being able to get some of these items through pest control would be a great gameplay alternative.

Experience rewards - In OSRS you can buy experience with points, although I'm unaware of this being efficient in OSRS and I doubt it would be useful here

What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions for rewards I missed here? Let me know below :)

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:26 AM #2

Shadow007
Super Donator

Shadow007
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 10h 54m 5s

• Total level:

I support this, 

Experience rewards is in OSRS so why not used here, will be useful for classics, and Iron man.

G2OUzwD.png

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:29 AM #3

EIM Holland
Classic

EIM Holland

• Time spent:
      5d 1h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm strongly against anything that would give Irons supplies that are NOT available to buy from OSRS PC points.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:29 AM #4

Dutchie
Ex-Staff

Dutchie
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      41d 20h 1m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

Not really want to have making the Elite/ironman mode having it easier, and the suggestions you've mentioned aren't available in Oldschool Runescape either. 

no support

af0b9bd06574175843429a509ce78092.jpg

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:34 AM #5

EIM Cevol
Elite Ironman

EIM Cevol

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 39m 49s

• Total level:

I'm strongly against anything that would give Irons supplies that are NOT available to buy from OSRS PC points.

I'm not personally aware of what supplies are/are not available to OSRS Irons (as I do not play OSRS), but I pretty much ripped most of these from the OSRS wiki (with the exception of the secondaries). I don't think there's any reason to break the progression curve by injecting dumb amounts of supplies into these boxes, but it would be nice to have an alternative to picking up snape grass by the crafting guild. I think we could do a little better than Iron ore in the mineral boxes, because many drop tables/rewards are skewed towards the faster gameplay Alora offers versus OSRS.

Not really want to have making the Elite/ironman mode having it easier, and the suggestions you've mentioned aren't available in Oldschool Runescape either. 

With the exception of secondaries, every suggestion I mentioned is lifted straight from the OSRS wiki. A bit confused about this claim.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:38 AM #6

Dutchie
Ex-Staff

Dutchie

• Time spent:
      41d 20h 1m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not personally aware of what supplies are/are not available to OSRS Irons (as I do not play OSRS), but I pretty much ripped most of these from the OSRS wiki (with the exception of the secondaries). I don't think there's any reason to break the progression curve by injecting dumb amounts of supplies into these boxes, but it would be nice to have an alternative to picking up snape grass by the crafting guild. I think we could do a little better than Iron ore in the mineral boxes, because many drop tables/rewards are skewed towards the faster gameplay Alora offers versus OSRS.

With the exception of secondaries, every suggestion I mentioned is lifted straight from the OSRS wiki. A bit confused about this claim.

I wouldn't mind having the ones down below actually (changed my mind)

18b8219119aec14352386967fcb02d53.png

I can't see any 'secondaries pack'. If it just not giving you loads and loads of secondaries i'm in for it

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:40 AM #7

EIM Cevol
Elite Ironman

EIM Cevol

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 39m 49s

• Total level:

I can't see any 'secondaries pack'. If it just not giving you loads and loads of secondaries i'm in for it

That was an idea of my own. I wasn't suggesting you open it and get 3000 noted snape grass or anything stupid like that, but if it were in line with the other rewards, it would simply serve as an alternative to picking up snape grass at the crafting guild, or mort myre fungus in the Morytania swamp, or zamorak wines at the chaos altar. Nothing broken intended to make those methods obsolete, just an alternative.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:43 AM #8

NOT HUMAN
Super Donator

NOT HUMAN
Clan: #peeks

• Time spent:
      11d 10h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion is actually added in OSRS (some), and I see no issue with it at all. No support for the pet rewards, that already happens randomly. I do like the unique secondaries box for ironman game modes. For the void colors seems a bit useless to me, but the experience for sure. That is my views on it, and for anyone looking for the information it is below.

http://oldschoolrune...Control#Rewards

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:45 AM #9

Top Sandwich
Super Donator

Top Sandwich

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 23m 56s

• Total level:

I think this is a solid idea. AND it's straight from osrs. 

Support

hqdefault.jpg

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:46 AM #10

Dutchie
Ex-Staff

Dutchie

• Time spent:
      41d 20h 1m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

That was an idea of my own. I wasn't suggesting you open it and get 3000 noted snape grass or anything stupid like that, but if it were in line with the other rewards, it would simply serve as an alternative to picking up snape grass at the crafting guild, or mort myre fungus in the Morytania swamp, or zamorak wines at the chaos altar. Nothing broken intended to make those methods obsolete, just an alternative.

You have my support, I actually like this idea.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:47 AM #11

Resembool
Donator

Resembool

• Time spent:
      3d 14h 8m 51s

• Total level:

I'll support this, I still need to grind out Void body/bottoms, but having the incentive to keep going back would be nice.

Perhaps as to not make it so easy for Iron man accounts, the point cost could be increased? Then there's more input needed to claim the rewards, and for normies, less materials flowing in-game causing too much inflation?

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:53 AM #12

EIM Cevol
Elite Ironman

EIM Cevol

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 39m 49s

• Total level:

Perhaps as to not make it so easy for Iron man accounts, the point cost could be increased? Then there's more input needed to claim the rewards, and for normies, less materials flowing in-game causing too much inflation?

I think the contents and point costs need to be balanced with these gamemodes in mind - normal gamemodes have access to a fully stocked potions store which minimizes any possible economic impact from incoming supplies - but the idea behind this is definitely not to make pest control the most efficient gathering method. Just to introduce a reason for people to go back to ;;pc once in a while during events.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:01 AM #13

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 17h 17m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

this is a very very well done suggestion! and I feel this would be amazing to have in the game and would keep pest control that more active!  

100% support!

hope to see this added soon, well-done cevol. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:35 AM #14

Fuck rs
User

Fuck rs
Clan: Immortal Dynasty

• Time spent:
      8d 26m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Nice suggestion. I support this.

Road to Zuk pet
STATISTICS: 6 capes, 5 gambles.
WBzuaCW.gif
ZGgrpV2.png(credits to EIM 7  for this sick signature)

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:39 AM #15

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom
Clan: Nightmare Mafia

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

Tbh I would love the idea of things being added, but only cosmetics and pets. I don't think we should have anything to make EIM etc made easier, as @ Dutchie said.

Support cosmetics, Nothing else.

And I mean made easier whatsoever, i don't think there should be ANYTHING to directly help gameplay for ironmen whatsoever. Void etc is enough as far as that goes.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:13 PM #16

rip joey
Veteran

rip joey
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      64d 1h 59m 57s

• Previous username:
    Joey

• Total level:
    Awards

I dont think this would be a good addition to alora , I do not support this

Supplies would be based on donator status and event status, thats my argument here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:00 PM #17

EIM Cevol
Elite Ironman

EIM Cevol

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 39m 49s

• Total level:

Tbh I I don't think we should have anything to make EIM etc made easier, as @ Dutchie said.

And I mean made easier whatsoever, i don't think there should be ANYTHING to directly help gameplay for ironmen whatsoever.

OSRS already offers these features to Ironmen, so it can't really damage gameplay integrity. I also take some issue with the suggestion that any update considered should not make gameplay "easier" - by this metric many updates since 07 was released have made ironmen modes easier. Nearly every new game update makes some aspect of content easier. And again, the point of this suggestion is not to obselete gathering or training methods, but simply to offer some alternatives and give people an incentive to play pest control. We have so many broken resource gathering methods (crystal keys, bloody keys?) that "make gameplay for ironmen easier", that introducing a few resource crates to the pest control shop seems very minor in comparison.

I dont think this would be a good addition to alora , I do not support this

Supplies would be based on donator status and event status, thats my argument here.

Pretty much everything in Alora is based on donor and event status. Donor status offers extra raids loot, boosted drop-rates, extra clue scroll rewards, passive noted resources, two perfectly tailored skilling zones... Adding coal to the void knights store as it is in OSRS seems pretty reasonable in comparison.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:52 AM #18

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

I would most certainly love for Pest Conrol to offer more rewards for players who win games and collect bulk points - I personally have never played a single game of Pest Control here on Alora, but that would change if Pest Control had more rewards, especially the experience one, as I was actually interested in creating a 10 HP project a while ago, but unfortunately it was not possible. 

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:29 PM #19

EIM 1gp
User

EIM 1gp
Clan: ?

• Time spent:
      75d 4h 49m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

nice suggestion but I am not supporting it except for the exp rewards, even tho if the exp rewards will come in to the game keep it to combat experience only ! so that is (strength, attack, defence, prayer, range and magic)

Would be nice to see that implemented and it could revive pest control aswell !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:01 PM #20

Mors
User

Mors

• Time spent:
      53d 4h 40m 9s

• Total level:
    Awards

That's actually a great suggestion man, I support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)