Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

9kptQ7T.png

Hello everyone, welcome to the newest edition of the Alora Newspaper! 

Hope you all are having a great day, enjoy reading!

1HFy851.png
Added/changed:

Bans are no longer issued upon request like we once did.

We believe it takes too much of our time to fix the implications of the ban itself.

"Bans are not issued upon request." added to the top of the rule page.

8. Third Party Software

This includes auto-clickers, auto-typers, AHK (even 1:1).

13. Player versus Player (PvP)

• b. Luring is allowed for the most part. The few exceptions to this rule are members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or servers clan chats such as Alora and Help. Attempting to lure staff by asking for help whilst in the wilderness or anything else that involves blatant deception will result in a ban. The first offense will result in a 24-hour ban followed up by a 72-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban + bank wipe.

14. World Yell

Members may not use world yell to advertise clan chats with the exception of the server clan chats such as Alora and Help. Group activities are acceptable. This includes gambling chats, clan chats, etc. First offenders will receive a warning, followed by 24-hour mute, with the ending result being a 48-hour mute. If a member has been given direct permission by another staff member, they may disregard this rule.

• d. AFK yelling is only allowed when it is 10+ minutes each yell, if this is below 10 minutes you'll be kicked at first with a warning upon logging inThe second offense will result in a 24-hour yell-mute with the ending result being a permanent yell-mute.

• e.  Anything that can be seen as intentional spam in yell is a muteable offense. The first offense will result in a 1-hour yell-mute followed up by a 24-hour yell-mute with the ending result being a 7-day yell-mute.

15. Clan Chats

• c. Members are not permitted to advertise personal clan chats or threads while in other clan chats. Failure to comply will result in a warning, then a 1-hour mute followed up by a 24-hour mute with the ending result being a 7-day mute.

• d. Members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or the Alora and Help clan chats (see rule 14). The first offense will result in a 24-hour ban followed up by a 72-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban + bank wipe.

• e. Anything that can be seen as an intentional disturbance inside clan chats is a bannable offense. The first offense will result in a 1-hour ban followed up by a 24-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban.

Removed:

15. Clan Chats

• b. Members may not converse about any extraneous topics while in the Help clan chat. The Help clan chat are designated for assisting or aiding members. Wrongdoers will receive a warning, followed by a temporary kick, increasing to a 24 hour mute, with an ending result of a permanent mute.

Keep up to date with our rules & full list can be found by clicking HERE!
XOAznLX.png
Since the last Newspaper there has been 1 new update, dropped on 06-11-2018.

Content updates:

• Slayer updates:
    • Rune dragons and Adamant dragons are now available as Medium Slayer tasks! You can be assigned between 45-100 Adamant dragons and 35-80 Rune dragons.

• Clan chat changes:
    • Capacity increased:
      • You can now have up to 200 players in your Clan chat channel! This applies to all channels
        • You must restart your client to get the latest version, otherwise you will still see a maximum of 100 players per channel in your Clan chat tab (although you can indeed be chatting with up to 200 people)
    • Ranking order:
      • Last update’s fix for organizing clan member lists by ranks (descending) was not properly implemented, and will be functional as of this update. (assuming you have the latest client)

• Chambers of Xeric: Milestone capes:
    • The Xeric milestone capes are now available! These untradable, cosmetic capes will signify your Raid accomplishments. There are 5 different capes, achieved at the following milestones:
      • Xeric’s guard ~ 100 raids completed
      • Xeric’s warrior ~ 500 raids completed
      • Xeric’s sentinel ~ 1000 raids completed
      • Xeric’s general ~ 1500 raids completed
      • Xeric’s champion ~ 2000 raids completed

cS1rSs2.png

Instances expansion:

• Giant mole instance:
    • Due to popular demand, the Giant mole area can now be instanced!
      • For the price of 4.5m, you can create an instance for your clan and kill as many Giant moles as you’d like within a 90 minute period.

LhdNhsK.gif

• Themonuclear smoke devil instance:
    • Also a highly requested instance, the Thermonuclear smoke devil can now be instanced!
      • For the price of 4m, you can create an instance for 90 minutes

2J46qNY.gif

Bracket tournament area:

• A new area with 5 different 1v1 combat pits has been added for tournament use. Event managers may use this area to host multiple fights at once. Deaths are safe here, and the only way to enter one of the arenas is to be teleported in by a staff member, but you can teleport there by typing in ::1v1.

MGGFuhR.gif

Drop Boost Scrolls:

• Rare drop scroll:
    • Improve your chances for loot with this scroll! Redeeming a scroll will give you a 30 minute 15% rare drop boost, making those extra-rare drops more likely during your bossing session. Here are the details:
      • This applies to any rare monster loot, as well as Raids loot (Chambers of Xeric, as well as the Theatre of Blood once released).
      • You will be notified that your scroll helped you in receiving your loot if you do receive any rare loot.
  • Pet drop scroll:
    • Improve your chances to receive Pets by 25% for 30 minutes! 
      • This applies to all pets, including those found from: Skilling, bossing and mini-games (Such as raids). It also improves your chances when gambling Infernal/Fire capes for pets!

OE1qizZ.gif

• Added an awesome loading animation to the loader (Huge thanks to @Jare for creating this animation, it looks absolutely incredible!)                   

​sMOq6hX.gif

If you want to check out the entire update list, click HERE!

Many thanks to Omicron for all of these updates and fixes!

objTq8d.png

Over the last month there have been some changes to the staff team, you can see them below:

Staff changes: 6/20/2018, 6/24/2018 and after this. (No staff update posted yet about some other changes)

Promotions;

To gain has been promoted to Global Moderator.

Kaamea has swapped to Forum Moderator.

Endeavor has swapped to Server Moderator.

EIM Hentai has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Dutchie has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Ramon has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Hellish has returned to the team as Server Moderator.

Crowley has been promoted to Server Support.

Vexxed has been promoted to Server Support.

Eim 40a has been promoted to Server Support.

Mors has been promoted to Server Support.

EIM Systemic has been promoted to Server Support.

Resignations;

Tyanx has resigned from Server Moderator.

Jake M has resigned from Server Support.

Demotions:

Pkdealer has been demoted and banned for Power Abuse.

Dylain has been demoted for abusive behavior.

Algalon has been demoted for lack of activity.

Vexxed has been demoted for lack of activity.

For more info on the Staff updates, click HERE!

47km8Lh.png

I have decided to interview two other members of our staff team + our lord and saviour glen!

The first person I interviewed was Ja ke!

Greetings Ja ke,

Sheep: How are things going as a Global Moderator, do you enjoy it?

Ja ke: I feel it’s going great. I enjoy everything I do as a Global Moderator, especially banning those scumbag RWTers.

Sheep: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Ja ke: 5 Years from now I’ll be the proud owner of Alora.io.

Sheep: What is your favorite thing to do IRL? Do you have a hobby?

Ja ke: My favorite thing to do is probably chain smoke cigarettes, play Alora and OSRS. There’s only one thing I do that I’d consider as a “hobby” and that’d be training around my work schedule. I’ve trained BJJ and Muay Thai for the last 5ish years.

Sheep: If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?

Ja ke: Anyone with a fat pooper. That’s because I could touch it myself without being pepper sprayed and sent to jail. 

Sheep: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?

Ja ke: I can’t really think of anything I’d change about myself. There’s no such thing as a perfect person. 

Sheep: Are you in any sort of education(if so what?) or do you work?

Ja ke: I currently am not in any form of education. I plan on going further with my education within the next year or two (Criminal Justice). I currently work in a hospital, ambulance, and I just started up a new job. I’m quitting the hospital soon since they made me mad.

Sheep: If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Ja ke: I’d say witnessing Osama bin-laden being shot. I’m curious what he’d say, or his reaction prior to being killed.

Sheep: What’s the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
Ja ke: Scar underneath my left eye. I received it from an MMA fight where I received a flying knee to the face. It was still a fun fight despite the knee.

SheepHow tall are you?

Ja ke: 5’3”-5’4”. I’m pretty short.

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions Ja ke, I really appreciate it!

Next on our list is Ramon!

Greetings Ramon,

SheepHow are things going as a Server Moderator? Do you enjoy it?

Ramon: Things are going pretty well actually, its not that much different than being server moderator before, but I like how things are now for me, since I have no distractions keeping me away from Alora.

Sheep: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Ramon: I'd see myself in my mom's basement 

Sheep: What is your favorite thing to do IRL? Do you have a hobby?

Ramon: Best hobby would be drinking with the boys.

Sheep: Are you in any sort of education(if so what?) or do you work?

Ramon: Yes I am, i'm currently studying computer science and currently on my 3rd year.

Sheep: If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?

Ramon: Can't really say for certain, I don't idolize anyone but myself.

Sheep: What’s the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?

Ramon: I dont have scars, scars are for pussies

Sheep: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?

Ramon: It would be my learning disabilities, I know I cant change it, I was born with those things and its really affecting my studies and im trying ever single way possible to bypass it.

Sheep: If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?

Ramon: It would be seeing how the the hell my professor caught me cheating in an exam when I was in the corner of my classroom and he was in the other side.

Alright, thank you for answering the questions Ramon, appeciated!

And now... the moment you all have been waiting for, a true Alorian, a true warrior, a true veteran and saviour upon the lands of Alora... glen!
4F6LLBz.jpg

Greetings glen,

Sheep: How does it feel to be a respected member of Alora?

glen: For it feels very nice to honor emperor Omicron & my lord Lowkey for I love all warriors that dwell within thy kingdom of Alora.

Sheep: Did you ever meet a celebrity?

glen: Yes my lord,  my dad is friends with Snoop dogg, I have met Lil Peep, Lil Tracy, The lead singer of Judas Priest & Miley Cyrus.

Sheep: What's your favorite meal?

glen: My lord for I am fan of manta ray, my lord.

Sheep: How did you react when you heard there was an NPC named after you?

glen: For my very blade was shocked my lord. I could not believe thy lords of Alora had honored me in such a way... for my blade of such sound had gone silent & for my heart become numb with such an honorable unexplainable feeling.

Sheep: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

glen: Over 10 albums produced, continuing to follow & honor Emperor Omicron in Alora & future games  he creates.

Sheep: Are you thinking of making another rap about Alora?

glen: For I hath already produced more scrolls of music for Thy Kingdom Of Alora for they are just not released yet  <3.

Sheep: What is your #1 moment on Alora?

glen: For I was fighting ten thousand men, for I was surrounded & this was before I walked within thy Kingdom Of Alora.. Emperor Omicron found my very blade still surrounded by three thousand men.. for he saw thy scars of pain & honor engraved upon my very blade.. slowly Emperor Omicrongets off his very horse & raises his Majestic blade for one swing of his blade had taken thy head of three thousand men.. for he approached me & whispered a scroll I shall never forget.. for he speak'th before me "Come'th with me Warrior glen, join my Journey to a never ending paradise.. for I have  forged a powerful Kingdom I call Alora & I have a purpose for you to serve Warrior glen.. you must protect & Honor Thy Kingdom of Alora.. from that very day my lord I owe Emperor Omicron my Soul & Blade for saving & honoring my very blade..

Sheep: What type of armour do you use when fighting dragons?

glen: A Dragon Med Helm, to ensure my anger is visible to thy enemies. A Bandos Chestplate to ensure I enlight wisdom to my enemies that I hath slain gods of darkness. Dragon platelegs to protect my very spirit. for I wear no boots in thy encounter of a beast such as a dragon so they know I shall give my all to take their very head.

Wow... just wow, an amazing interview, enjoyed the answers.
You are truly a warrior for Alora glen and it's easy for me to say we all  <3 you too.

If anyone is interested in glen his rap about Alora, click HERE! for the link.

Disclaimer:

Have any interview questions you would like to ask any of the staff members?

Don't hesitate to send me or Xuf a private message via forums/discord and I'll include them in next edition along with the answers from that staff member!

mem.png

The MOTM poll has concluded and here are the final results received from the community.

The 3 top winners have been picked and the final voting has taken place among the staff team

Spoiler

The very final winner of May MOTM is...

Horror!

Congratulations HorrorYou have stood out in the eye of the community as well as in the eye of the staff team. Thank you for being a great member here on Alora.     :)

Contact Lowkey for your 3 bonds prize in-game, and your Forum Awards will be active shortly.

Stay tuned until the next month when voting takes place!

Chgb6jF.png

The June Community Awards are out now!

Visit this link to see the results;

https://www.alora.io...-award-results/

That concludes the end of this newspaper! 

Read our last newspaper by clicking HERE!

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:36 PM #2

glen
Youtuber

glen
Clan: Glen

• Time spent:
      11d 13h 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

My Lord @Sheep I. Must. Thank. U. for honoring my very blade for I. Must. Honor. U.

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:19 PM #3

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom
Clan: Nightmare Mafia

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

I love Glen.

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:12 PM #4

Hint
Super Donator

Hint
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      47d 19h 18m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

Interesting read, and nice updates and gz to all promoted.

4qmyjc2.png

Hardcore Ironman: Hints

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:25 PM #5

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 17h 17m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

the alora newspaper is a great read, looking forward to future updates =) 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:57 PM #6

Smiv
Veteran

Smiv

• Time spent:
      135d 17h 7m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

thank you and as always a good time reading this!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:45 PM #7

Jare
Veteran

Jare

• Time spent:
      35d 1h 36m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great job, Sheep. Very interesting and well put together.

ovxXQnp.pngZ6mBy8Q.png

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:14 PM #8

EIM Chong
Classic

EIM Chong
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      20d 21h 35m 58s

• Total level:

Interesting read to say the least! I do love coming to see these every time you post them lots of information mixed with a lot of fun! Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Signature made by Vee

:)

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:20 AM #9

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well done Sheep on this month's newspaper!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:02 PM #10

Lifesteal
Classic

Lifesteal
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      9d 8h 12m 41s

• Previous username:
    EIM Makal

• Total level:
    Awards
Damn i love these newspapers.

Side Question - how long does it take for you to finish a newspaper like that @Sheep ?

ZnAlkAA.png
JzuEeRL.png

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:13 PM #11

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Damn i love these newspapers.
Side Question - how long does it take for you to finish a newspaper like that @Sheep ?

Putting it together like 30-45 minutes, + waiting on answers for interview. :)

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:27 PM #12

Mr Gyo
Donator

Mr Gyo

• Time spent:
      17h 51m 24s

• Total level:

[...]

• Clan chat changes:
    • Capacity increased:
      • You can now have up to 200 players in your Clan chat channel! This apples to all channels.
        • You must restart your client to get the latest version, otherwise you will still see a maximum of 100 players per channel in your Clan chat tab (although you can indeed be chatting with up to 200 people)
    • [...]

Reported for typo.

Jokes aside, thanks for the quality newspaper. I loved it. :10out10:

Keep it uppp!  

Cheers! :ph34r:

Mr Gyo,

XP9IMba.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 4 user(s)