Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:23 PM #1

Home Malone
Banned

Home Malone

• Time spent:
      3d 11h 55m 3s

• Total level:

Hello everyone,

I've recently jumped on the Classic bandwagon, and my current goal is to achieve level 99 in Defence while having levels 1 in both Attack and also Strength. My Defence level is currently 66, and my gameplay time is currently 1 day and 9 hours. I've spent almost every second of that at Rock Crabs (personally I'd prefer doing Pest Control, but unfortunately it does not reward experience as of yet), and believe it or not, most of that gameplay time has not been AFKed, and instead I've been watching the screen and chatting away while grinding away. 

Unfortunately I've come across several and continuous issues in the process. The two biggest ones would be "crashers" and mains/older players disrupting new players and others alike while they're doing their early stages of training. One example being - someone would come along and start barraging all the surrounded rock crabs, and another example being - someone would come along and start hitting all the surrounded rock crabs, and then begin to run away, which causes the rock crabs to follow them. The player would then teleport and repeat for a while. Very sad, I know, and unfortunately I've witnessed these issues countless times. This is, or should be considered as player harassment. It's certainly disruptive behaviour towards the new players and completely off putting. In fact, I have witnessed a lot of hostility and several new players quitting because of said issues, especially after they have politely asked the "crashers" and mains/older players to let them be and allow them to train in peace, but end up receiving a hostile response. Some may think what I'm getting at is nothing, some may think what I'm getting at is over dramatic, but you wouldn't completely understand unless you were to actively hang around Rock Crabs throughout the majority of the day, but I doubt rarely anyone would do that. 

My suggestion is to either make changes to Rock Crabs, which would be to add a maximum combat level in order to access Rock Crabs, such as 3-70 - or - to add Sand Crabs and give their area a maximum combat level in order to access - http://oldschoolrune.../wiki/Sand_Crab

Please do take into account with everything that I have said above. Rock Crabs is the main go-to training area for a majority of new players on every RuneScape Private Server and first impressions are very important. 

Thank-you. 

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:50 PM #2

Morgen
Youtuber

Morgen
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      107d 12h 31m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

I wouldn't say no to the idea and adding sand crabs would give people more chance to train without getting crashed, good luck on your suggestion.

rXJhDzL.png

yfA7Oq7.png

DyNW4eI.png

5Y09rbM.png

RnWyEzY.png

A picture taken from the famous no BXP riots:

VXSGlaB.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Things:

Spoiler

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:03 PM #3

My Love
Veteran

My Love

• Time spent:
      30d 51m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

If your stories are actually true then id support this 100%. Rock crabs is mostly the first place new players come. If something like the things you are saying happened to me in that situation, id quit the server instantly. 
An alternative would be to make such acts bannable, but that might be a bit overkill. Im not against a combat restriction, but it would cause some issues and wouldnt solve all issues, since people could just create an account and hit + run on that account.

Hard situation, but i agree, something has to be done.

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:22 PM #4

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
Support, not on the combat level restrictions but either adding more rock crabs or adding sand crabs sounds beneficial. Will really help newer accounts get started without the stress.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:56 PM #5

Classic Kin
Classic

Classic Kin

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 23m 37s

• Total level:

I'd be interested in the Sand Crabs and the player harassment seems very pitiful. I hope whoever is doing it gets punished.

kinbeno2.png

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:10 PM #6

Armored
Classic

Armored

• Time spent:
      7d 13h 54m 32s

• Total level:

i agree people crashed me alot would often hit the crab and run just to get you out of the spot your at 

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:57 AM #7

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards
I support adding sand crabs or adding more rock crabs, but I do not support the combat restrictions to attack them. Also, there are certain areas on waterbirth island with more rock crabs and it’s usually pretty empty there.

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:10 PM #8

Snora
User

Snora

• Time spent:
      3h 5m 41s

• Total level:
Can I just address something? People cannoning at crabs are not crashes. You have plenty of single zone NPCs to train on. It’s a multi zone for a reason. I needed 99 range on my low level pure whilst maintaining low level HP, so I went there and everybody was crying.

Sand crabs though would be a great addition! Super idea.

giphy.gif

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:04 PM #9

Paine
Veteran

Paine

• Time spent:
      171d 10h 5m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Adding sand crabs into the game would make getting combat stats for classic and eim players easier as theres more monsters to cannon and less people to annoy with it 

Definitely support the idea

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 09/16/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on 10/03/2018

Promoted to Forum Moderator on 11/25/2018
Promoted to Global Moderator on 1/6/2019

Promoted to Event Manager on 8/2/2019

Resigned from Event Manager on 10/25/2019

Returned as Server Moderator on 02/16/2020

Promoted to Global Moderator on 02/25/2020

Resigned from Global Moderator on 04/07/2020

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler
Spoiler

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:55 PM #10

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with @ 40a I would like to see Sand Crabs added or more Rock Crab spawns but I do not support a combat restriction. They are a common training method for players at all levels due to it being semi-afk and multi. Doesn't seem fair to take that away from players due to combat level. 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:44 AM #11

Mr Penguin
User

Mr Penguin

• Time spent:
      27s

• Total level:
I find sand crabs would be beneficial for both classic and Ironman modes in my opinion. Gl on your idea! You have my support on this.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:23 PM #12

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 20 user(s)