• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

Hi all,

Just a few suggestions :)

• Completionist cape; now I know this has been suggested before and it will be again. I know we have the Completionist monkey but it's not quite the same. I'm also fully aware how against Customs Dan is, as am I. But we have a custom Pet so why not a Completionist cape? It's something I'm sure the majority of players would like to see. We can always add more requirements so it's not owned by anyone, just the most dedicated of players.

• Pet HiScores & Event HiScores; I see Unknown's post has gotten some support in regards to event HiScores for events for KoTS which I think would be great. I'd also like to see Pet HiScores. Not sure how easy or hard for that matter it would be to code, but would be cool to see anyway.

• Remove the account sharing rule; We either need to allow everything that can happen with account sharing or nothing at all. Essentially anything done on an account that isn't owned by said person can be classed as a service. 

• A second Hardcore Ironman HiScore; RIP to those that have died! However, another HiScores page where just living Hardcore Ironmen wouldn't go amiss in my opinion.   

• Ability to make empowered orbs; Self-explanatory really. We have the ability now to craft battlestaffs and enchant the orbs but no way to gather the orbs effectively. Whether the General Store/Paul sells sand & seaweed(even just sand and seaweed has to be grown) and then we craft the orbs? Think this would be much appreciated in the Ironman community.

Many thanks for reading. Please feel free to share your opinions.

Regards,

Otto

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:17 PM #2

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Awesome suggestions, especially with a clarification on the account sharing rule. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:46 PM #3

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      97d 11h 21m 44s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards
Nice suggestions Otto, I Support all of them.

IpZOXla.png

Spoiler

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:07 PM #4

Irvo
User

Irvo
Clan: Ignite

• Time spent:
      30d 5h 49m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well done on the thread, you truly dedicated time onto this one. I'll gladly share my opinion on your suggestions.

Pet HiScores & Event HiScores:

Oh my what would I do to see Pet HiScores being added.. I mean okay alright, it might boost my ego even further but down to earth I want to see who I am up against. Is there any competition and if there is who is it with how many pets? Same goes for Event HiScores, it would really be nice if you could have a good overview on your competition. Something to pressure yourself with to step your game up.

Remove the account sharing rule:

Yes, totally agree with this one. Literally every action on your account can be used against you. Specify what is a Service? Can I let someone play on my Account to PK? If so what if I don't have the Completionist Cape PvP requirement yet? Service? We don't know.

A second Hardcore Ironman HiScore:

I personally don't care about this one. Never going to play the Gamemode since I tend to brainlagg and die fairly often. Flashbacks from today at Zilyana kicking in OttoUnknown  :D 

Ability to make empowered orbs:

Sure why not, but I feel like it would be dead content unless there are some close by teleports to Obelisks.

Completionist cape:

Saved the best for last.. The Completionist Cape has been a topic on Alora since I don't even remember. I feel like this could be the best thing to happen to Alora or the worst. I am aware there is the Monkey but that's just eh, it doesn't feel nor look like an achievement.

I feel like the completionist cape would be an awesome thing for all current players, especially veterans who are still straying around on Alora. My doubt though is.. Alora is a Oldschool Runescape based Server, what would be the first impression of a Newbie logging in and seeing people with a Completionist Cape. The Completionist Cape has a Runescape 3 vibe and might scare new people off.

The first 2 hours of the game are the most important ones to leave an impression on new players. Personally I'd love that cape but you can't fully focus on your current playerbase, think ahead. People come and go.

Nevertheless great list of suggestions Otto  <3 

Posted Image

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:06 PM #5

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
Really great suggestions. I support them all, especially the completionist cape.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:28 PM #6

ROCAINE
Super Donator

ROCAINE

• Time spent:
      26d 17h 18m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

i support the account sharing, i cbf to spend time on infernal cape, how about i buy a legit service of the cape? 

have seen kiln capes services on other servers.. why not in alora?

♛ Kings of Wilderness ♛

1e9986441735ebb8fa8bc58d5d493855.png

5dd4e95409856cb43c07bfb0b4ded9ee.png

quality of peeks ^

https://i.imgur.com/sCBSqjQ.mp4

leader of peeks PLANKING to a 1 defence pure in NH fight ^

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:01 PM #7

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 17h 17m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

Comp cape suggestion I support fully. osrs adds and tests there own items I don't see why alora can not have a unique custom cape. 

pet high scores I fully support there is HS for everything else i don't see why not this 

neutral on removing the acc share rule just feel things need to be more explained and changed/polled on it.

as I don't play as iron I can't give justifiable reasons to support due to never playing iron. but from what I have read from other replies it seems it would have a beneficial outcome for the iron man community 

I think all suggestions should be this way vs 1 at a time. Great work man, glad you put the time into this hope to see these soon in game. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:38 AM #8

Almighty Ty
User

Almighty Ty

• Time spent:
      10d 7h 47m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards
I really like this. I hope they take this into consideration!
Krest (Ironman) Rs Bored (First ever account)

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:27 PM #9

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Some solid suggestions here. @Otto

While having the completionist monkey is nice, I would like to see a completionist cape. Something similar to the completionist cape on RS3 that somewhat customizable would be nice.

Having some sort of pet high scores would be a nice addition as well and may entice more players to pet hunt.

Agree with @Moe in that I would like to see the account sharing rule clarified as most things could be interpreted as a service.

Also, support adding the ability to make empowered orbs. Crafting can be a grueling skill for Ironmen and especially for Elite Ironmen so this addition might add some diversity to the skill. Although, adding both items to the shop would make it too easy so maybe growing the seaweed would be a more viable option. 

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:56 PM #10

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards
  • Completionist cape; now I know this has been suggested before and it will be again. I know we have the Completionist monkey but it's not quite the same. I'm also fully aware how against Customs Dan is, as am I. But we have a custom Pet so why not a Completionist cape? It's something I'm sure the majority of players would like to see. We can always add more requirements so it's not owned by anyone, just the most dedicated of players.

This has been suggested plenty of times, and we have mentioned that once OSRS adds a Completionist Cape we will use that item in stead of the Monkey.

• Pet HiScores & Event HiScores; I see Unknown's post has gotten some support in regards to event HiScores for events for KoTS which I think would be great. I'd also like to see Pet HiScores. Not sure how easy or hard for that matter it would be to code, but would be cool to see anyway.

I'm not too sure what you mean with this, if you mean lowest KC for a pet drop from certain bosses/skills or something else. If you truly think this is a good idea make a separate thread under suggestions with that particular suggestion.

• Remove the account sharing rule; We either need to allow everything that can happen with account sharing or nothing at all. Essentially anything done on an account that isn't owned by said person can be classed as a service. 

We have made changes since this thread has been posted.

• A second Hardcore Ironman HiScore; RIP to those that have died! However, another HiScores page where just living Hardcore Ironmen wouldn't go amiss in my opinion.   

I personally think that having the dead HCIM is nice in the leaderboards, seeing as even though you died you can still see where you would be ranked in terms of your total level/xp.

• Ability to make empowered orbs; Self-explanatory really. We have the ability now to craft battlestaffs and enchant the orbs but no way to gather the orbs effectively. Whether the General Store/Paul sells sand & seaweed(even just sand and seaweed has to be grown) and then we craft the orbs? Think this would be much appreciated in the Ironman community.

This has been added since this thread was posted.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 4 user(s)