IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Considering Uber & Master donator ranks have a 7% & 12% increased drop-rate boost, why not have a 7% & 12% increased pet-rate boost? 

I think it is a benefit that would be useful for these ranks, considering RNG is well...RNG. 

This does not effect the game in anyway and Uber/Master is an outstanding feat. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:56 PM #2

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

I must support this since 5k is a lot of money and I want more usefull benefits ty

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:57 PM #3

Arkadus
User

Arkadus
Clan: #Phereus

• Time spent:
      68d 8h 12m 53s

• Previous username:
    Classic Arkz

• Total level:
    Awards

I must support this since 5k is a lot of money and I want more usefull benefits ty

Yes please. Supporterino :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click the banner if you're interested in joining #1 PvM Clan on Alora!

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:59 PM #4

Not Mhk
Veteran

Not Mhk
Clan: Paragon closer

• Time spent:
      192d 21h 44m 24s

• Previous username:
    Mhk

• Total level:
    Awards

Support big time considering there are very limited benefits after $250 and this would not be a game breaking update

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:10 PM #5

Vuqe
Veteran

Vuqe
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      108d 5h 2m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support! ez pets for me uber BTW

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:12 PM #6

Irvo
User

Irvo
Clan: Ignite

• Time spent:
      30d 5h 49m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I do not support, Pets are a grind. It's sort of an achievement in my opinion.

You want them, you work for them.

Pets are the only objective I see ingame personally and I don't mind grinding for them, I'd dislike this being made easier because of a matter of wealth.

It's like buffing experience gathered from Skilling depending on Donator Rank, the game gets way easier.

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:24 PM #7

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

You want them, you work for them.

Pets are the only objective I see ingame personally and I don't mind grinding for them, I'd dislike this being made easier because of a matter of wealth.

It's like buffing experience gathered from Skilling depending on Donator Rank, the game gets way easier.

Well even if there was a boost, it is not making it any less of an achievement. Are you saying due to a donator rank that obtaining say a scythe of vitur or a twisted bow is not an achievement? Whether it is a pet or an item it is still an achievement, and just because there maybe a slight boost doesn't mean that it actually helped due to the nature of RNG. 

Ex. I am nearing 2k KC with 0 trident, and it is a 1/416 rate but since I'm master it is a 1/366 rate. Pet rates are even higher.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:45 PM #8

Irvo
User

Irvo
Clan: Ignite

• Time spent:
      30d 5h 49m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well even if there was a boost, it is not making it any less of an achievement. Are you saying due to a donator rank that obtaining say a scythe of vitur or a twisted bow is not an achievement? Whether it is a pet or an item it is still an achievement, and just because there maybe a slight boost doesn't mean that it actually helped due to the nature of RNG. 

Ex. I am nearing 2k KC with 0 trident, and it is a 1/416 rate but since I'm master it is a 1/366 rate. Pet rates are even higher.

As I am aware there is 2 Forum Awards regarding Pets and none for specific items. So I personally wouldn't put them in the same category. What you're thinking off is basically rewarding certain Donor Ranks with a permanent "Pet Booster". Stack them and you are increasing your odds by a lot.

I have the opinion certain things should not be made easier because of your Donor Rank. People are competing to obtain all Pets. Would be a shame if there was a minority of that group with that specific Donor Rank coming by and having way better odds than others.

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:47 PM #9

O T T O
Donator

O T T O

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. P2W is bad!

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:50 PM #10

Unknown
User

Unknown

• Time spent:
      104d 15h 20m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, Irvo says it pretty well here. The feeling of achievement would just slowly go down. Would also devalue the new award that have been released for collecting all pets.

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:06 PM #11

My Love
Veteran

My Love

• Time spent:
      30d 51m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards
Support. Pets are fun to have, a collectible, but have 0 value. I agree theres way too few benefits for the high donor ranks, and this would actually be a very good option. Non-gamebreaking or p2w (as pets are only a personal goal) and a very good reason for some to go for the rank.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:08 PM #12

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

As I am aware there is 2 Forum Awards regarding Pets and none for specific items. So I personally wouldn't put them in the same category. What you're thinking off is basically rewarding certain Donor Ranks with a permanent "Pet Booster". Stack them and you are increasing your odds by a lot.

I have the opinion certain things should not be made easier because of your Donor Rank. People are competing to obtain all Pets. Would be a shame if there was a minority of that group with that specific Donor Rank coming by and having way better odds than others.

I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from. The only reason I don't see it as "Pay 2 win" or an "unfair advantage", is because RNG is the ultimate factor in achieving pets, items, landing hits, etc. We have a permanent 'Drop Booster' and it doesn't make a difference really, the only reason I am for this suggestion as it is just a perk for people who have achieved these ranks. Not everyone who plays is chasing awards or ranks, but isn't the point of ranks like these on RSPS to have benefits/advantages? (private servers in general) 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:31 PM #13

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards

I'd have to agree with @ Irvo on this one. He summed it up pretty well, I do not think it's a pay-to-win concern more of the fact that even though this is a private server and things should be custom and different to a degree, we should still follow a lot of what OSRS does. I love that the drop rates are the same as OSRS, that's the way it should be. We already have pet-boosters in the shop which I understand and should be enough for most people. On top of that, bosses are already easier on here than OSRS so that's sort of a boost right there in itself. I don't know anybody that has actually donated $2,500 - $5,000 and rather uses bonds, either or is fine, but that's why I'm saying all of this. Uber and Master donators already get plenty of benefits over other donator ranks. I'm also not saying that if your suggestion gets accepted that it would take away from the achievement aspect of getting a pet, but it would make it easier and that would ultimately be taking away from the 'keeping it like OSRS' side of things. Regardless, good luck with your suggestion man.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:35 PM #14

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

I'd have to agree with @ Irvo on this one. He summed it up pretty well, I do not think it's a pay-to-win concern more of the fact that even though this is a private server and things should be custom and different to a degree, we should still follow a lot of what OSRS does. I love that the drop rates are the same as OSRS, that's the way it should be. We already have pet-boosters in the shop which I understand and should be enough for most people. On top of that, bosses are already easier on here than OSRS so that's sort of a boost right there in itself. I don't know anybody that has actually donated $2,500 - $5,000 and rather uses bonds, either or is fine, but that's why I'm saying all of this. Uber and Master donators already get plenty of benefits over other donator ranks. I'm also not saying that if your suggestion gets accepted that it would take away from the achievement aspect of getting a pet, but it would make it easier and that would ultimately be taking away from the 'keeping it like OSRS' side of things. Regardless, good luck with your suggestion man.

Thanks man, yeah all this is a suggestion not saying it should be 100% a thing. It could even be a lower % if accepted. As far as the two donator ranks having more benefits, not really just more % in the same benefits and higher raid bonuses than extreme+ get. Also yeah whether it is bonds or real cash, you gotta remember master is about 40-50b (and some do donate, I've met some stakers that would donate $1.5k+ than stake). 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:06 PM #15

Sassa fras
Veteran

Sassa fras

• Time spent:
      151d 12h 55m 47s

• Previous username:
    Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards
It already does affect the drop rate for pets. I asked @ Omicron about this before I got Uber.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

Sassa fras | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

4.6b UIM | UIM KOTS Winner | Fastest to MAX Winner | First Maxed HCUIM

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:27 PM #16

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

It already does affect the drop rate for pets. I asked @ Omicron about this before I got Uber.

Oh, thanks for that information than. I'll deny this suggestion.  :o

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)